How Do I Increase My Personal Injury Settlement?
If you have been seriously injured by the fault of another, you have the right to claim fair and just financial compensation for each and every aspect of damage you sustained. In order to build the strongest case, however, there are actions you can take immediately after your accident that helps to build your case, preserve evidence, and assist your lawyers in fighting for you. After your accident, follow this simple advice:
- Call the police or have someone call for you
- Request medical attention
- Identify names and contact information of any witnesses
- Take photographs of the scene of your accident
- Take photographs of your injuries if they are visible
- Do not give any statements to representatives of the at-fault party
- Follow all medical instructions
- Do not minimize your medical injuries
- Do not post on social media about your accident or injuries
- Retain copies of any medical records or receipts for out of pocket expenses
- Call the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates
Don’t worry if you have not been able to follow all of the above guidelines. The most important action you can take however is consulting immediately with an experienced team of lawyers who have an established track record fighting for personal injury victims just like you. By delaying, you run the risk of allowing evidence to be lost, taking actions that can weaken your claim, and missing crucial filing deadlines that can be catastrophic to your rights to compensation. Don’t delay. Contact the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (646) 692-0204. The consultation is free.
Preserving Evidence Is Crucial
Once you retain us to fight for you, our lawyers will investigate the unique facts and circumstances of your case, continue to preserve evidence, and build a strong claim that the careless actions of another caused your serious injuries. In many instances, the quality and thoroughness of this investigation can make a significant difference in the ultimate amount of your financial recovery. For this reason, Dansker & Aspromonte Associates attorneys have focused on careful and intensive case investigation since 1988. Some of the actions we customarily take include:
- Obtaining all police or incident reports
- Interviewing the responding police officer
- Conducting a site visit
- Determining if there is video footage of your incident
- Taking photographs
- Hiring a private investigator
- Interviewing all witnesses
- Consulting an accident reconstruction expert
- Obtaining all hospital and medical records
- Consulting with medical experts regarding your injuries and the permanent effect of the injuries
- Collecting your lost earnings records, if applicable
- Performing an economic analysis of past and future financial losses
- Demanding records and sworn statements from all at-fault parties
For a free legal consultation, call (646) 692-0204
Why You Should Hire a Lawyer
While you are not required to hire a lawyer to fight for you, it is rarely a good idea to represent yourself. Unfortunately, when the representatives of the at-fault party see that you are not represented by an attorney, they can take advantage of you by making arguments or statements about the value of your injuries that are woefully inadequate. Additionally, you may be encouraged to give a sworn statement to those representatives which can be used against you even if you don’t agree to their settlement offer. Finally, without legal representation, you may fail to file your claims for benefits or monetary compensation by the deadline. Don’t take a chance. Call our lawyers today at (646) 692-0204. The consultation is free and you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only receive a legal fee when you receive compensation.
Our Lawyers Will Fight for Fair Compensation
If you sustained serious personal injuries as the result of the fault of another party or parties, the law permits you to demand fair and reasonable compensation for each and every aspect of damage that you sustained. Since 1988, the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates have been fighting for victims just like you so that they receive what justice entitles them to. Though every case is unique, the following is a list of the types of financial damages that may be available in your case:
- Pain and suffering, which the Legal Information Institute (LII) explains “compensates you for your physical or emotional distress resulting from an injury”
- Future pain and suffering, if your injuries are deemed permanent
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost earnings
- Future lost earnings
- Loss of employment, retirement, or pension benefits
- Past hospital and medical expenses
- Future hospital and medical expenses
- Any other out of pocket expenses as a result of your injuries
- Loss of services in the home or damage to the marital relationship
In the event of death resulting from an accident, family members may also be entitled to monetary damages for the loss of guidance to a child or grandchild, loss of financial support, funeral and burial expenses in addition to other unique damages
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today.
Circumstances that May Result in a Personal Injury Case
We handle a very diverse list of accident cases. Some of the types of accidents we have handled in decades of representation include:
- Circumstances resulting in the death of an injured party
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Premises liability incidents such as trip and falls
- Falls on the roadway or sidewalk
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Police or firefighter injuries
- Dog bite attacks
- Negligent security in a building leading to assault
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Medical malpractice
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now.
Since 1988, Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has served clients in Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk counties. We will fight for the best possible outcome for you or a loved one. When you reach out to our team today, we can explain how to increase your personal injury settlement in a free, no-obligation case review.
Innovative Legal StrategiesEach client that comes to our team gets a managing partner and trial partner dedicated to their case. We put our collective 75 years of experience behind your case to obtain the best possible outcome on your behalf.
Small Firm Dedication & FocusOur firm is different from most firms in our area in that we are a “boutique” type firm that is small enough to give personal attention to our clients and yet experienced and powerful with a reputation as a hard-hitting litigation firm.
Providing Answers & SolutionsOur team is committed to always being able to provide you with updates on your case and answers to your questions. This is your case and we want to be sure you are confident every step of the way.
Proven Record of SuccessDansker & Aspromonte has been advocating for the rights of the injured since 1986. We have the tools, resources, knowledge, and commitment to get you the best possible outcome.