Getting in an accident—whether it’s a car collision, slip and fall, or any other careless incident—can totally upend your life, leaving you with high medical bills and intense pain and suffering. At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we advocate on behalf of personal injury victims. We believe that nobody should have to pay out of pocket for expenses due to the negligence of others.
When you call us, we provide a free case evaluation to discuss your legal options. Additionally, we work on a contingency-fee–basis, meaning that there are no hidden fees or start-up costs when you work with us; we only get paid if we successfully obtain compensation on your behalf. Do not let catastrophic injuries you were not responsible for impede you from getting your settlement. We can fight for you.
We Have Obtained Millions of Dollars for Our Clients
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we prioritize our clients’ needs to make sure they are treated fairly throughout the legal process so that they can receive the best outcome possible.
Our past results can attest to these goals. For example, we won:
- $50 million for a four-year-old boy who suffered brain damage due to medical malpractice
- $31 million for a police officer who sustained serious injuries in a car accident
- $6.6 million for a young lady who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a motorcycle accident
- $2.8 million for a woman who suffered broken bones after getting hit by a bus
We have individualized each of these cases, among many others, so it can fit the injured victim and their family’s needs. Now, we want to do the same for you.
How We can Help You Prove Negligence
We cater our services to match the needs of each individual case. To recover compensation on your behalf (no matter what type of accident you were in) we must prove negligence using four elements.
In the case of a car accident, a common personal injury, you can apply them in the following way:
Duty of Care
All drivers are to abide by all traffic rules and adapt their driving to the road conditions. Keeping you and all other people on the street safe is their duty.
Breach of Duty
Sometimes, drivers fall short of upholding their duty of care, in that they drink and drive, drive while fatigued, or speed.
Their failure to uphold their duty caused an accident and ultimately, your injuries.
You have ended up sustained financial and non-financial losses, such as lost wages, medical bills, and lost quality of life.
Types of Evidence We can and Will Use to Back Up Your Claim
It might be difficult to pinpoint how the negligent party breached their duty of care, but leave that job to your lawyer. They can look at evidence such as:
- Video camera footage
- Eyewitness accounts
- Medical records
- Cell phone records
- The incident report
We also recommend that you keep a daily journal to document how you’re feeling, your pain level, and what you did in a day. Not only will this log help you track your progress, but it will also help link the accident to your injuries.
What Kinds of Services does an Injury Lawyer Provide?
When you work with Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we will:
- Valuate your losses
- Assign liability to the responsible party
- Keep you informed of any updates
- Consult experts to prove your case
- Handle all communications with the involved parties and their representatives
- Explain your legal rights
- Negotiate for an appropriate settlement amount
- Represent you in court and try your case, if necessary
If you specifically need other services than the ones we have listed here, please do not hesitate to ask. We are determined to meet the needs of your case in any way we can.
We can Help You Pursue Compensation for Your Injuries
The extent of your injuries, the type of accident you were involved in, and how it affected you financially, emotionally, and physically will influence the worth of your case.
When we assess your damages, we will classify them into two categories: economic and non-economic. Note that the following lists are not exhaustive, as you might be able to claim other damages that you are not aware of yet.
Collectible Economic Damages After an Accident
These losses took a toll on your bank account. We can determine their value by looking at bills, receipts, and invoices. You might be able to recover damages for:
- Medical expenses: These costs might account for hospital stays, doctor’s appointment co-pays, medical devices, medication, and surgery.
- Lost wages: It’s possible that you had to miss work to tend to your injuries.
- Lost future earning capacity: Since you might not be able to return to the same job, you can sue for lost tips, commission, bonuses, hourly wages, vacation time, and business opportunities.
- Property loss: Your belongings or vehicle might have been destroyed or damaged when you were injured.
- In-home care costs: Sometimes, injured victims need assistance at home to take care of the house and their children.
- Burial and funeral expenses: If your loved one lost their life in the accident, you can get financial aid for laying them to rest.
Typical Non-Economic Damages Stemming from an Accident
Although these losses do not have a monetary value, that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t pursue compensation for them. After all, the accident might have affected your mental and physical well-being, as well as your relationships.
You might have the option to recover:
- Pain and suffering: Your injuries cause you debilitating pain.
- Lost quality of life: You can’t engage in the activities you once enjoyed.
- Disability, disfigurement, and scarring: The accident might have changed your appearance or mobility.
- Loss of consortium: You might have lost your spouse in the accident.
- Loss of guidance, companionship, and affection: Your loved one’s absence can take a toll on your life.
You don’t have forever to file for damages. New York State enforces strict timelines to bring a civil action. We recommend talking to your lawyer to see which one applies to your case.
We Handle a Wide Range of Injury Cases
We have helped injury victims in New York since 1988. The cases we typically take care of are:
- Serious injury and wrongful death
- Spinal cord and brain injuries
- Construction and work accidents
- Motor vehicle and bicycle accidents
- Premises and sidewalk accidents
- Police and firefighter injuries
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Medical malpractice
If you don’t see the type of accident you sustained in this list, we still want to hear from you to see if we can help you get back on your feet.
Connect with the Attorneys at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
Don’t let your injuries rule your life—connect with our firm today. You will receive a free consultation when you call.