Staten Island Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
A Staten Island traumatic brain injury (TBI) lawyer with Dansker & Aspromonte can help you seek compensation if you were hurt in an accident that was due to someone else’s negligence. Call us to discuss your rights.
Our consultation is free, and if we accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront.
Recoverable Compensation in a Personal Injury Case
According to the New York State Department of Health (DOH), there are over 2,000 TBI-related deaths, 19,000 hospitalizations, and around 112,000 emergency department (ED) visits annually across the state. DOH data from 2012 to 2014 found that the average cost of TBI hospitalizations in New York is more than $55,000, and the average ED visit is nearly $3,000.
Besides the physical damage, TBIs often have catastrophic financial and emotional impacts. Our lawyers can help you seek compensation from the party responsible for the accident.
You may be entitled to recover financial compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Hospital stays
- Surgeries and medical procedures
- Medical devices and mobility aids
- Physical and cognitive therapy
- Long-term nursing care
- Lost wages and loss of earning capacity
- Household services
- Vehicle and personal property damage
If your loved one suffered a fatal TBI, we can also help you seek economic and non-economic damages through a wrongful death case.
Our primary goal is to make sure you recover the maximum compensation that you have the right to recover. Once we are retained, we will:
- Begin a careful and thorough investigation of your case
- Gather and preserve evidence of fault and damages
- File all claims in a timely manner
- Retain all necessary experts to evaluate your damages and prove your case
- Negotiate on your behalf and ensure that each and every one of your rights is protected
Our attorneys will help you calculate your damages, including estimating your future medical needs.
Our Firm Has Helped Injury Victims Recover More than $500 Million
Our lawyers have been fighting for the rights of victims of TBI since 1988. We have won significant settlements and verdicts, including compensation for brain injuries.
Our record includes:
- $50 for a medical malpractice injury that resulted in brain damage
- $6.3 million for TBI injuries following a motorcycle accident
- $6.25 million for a bicycle accident case involving multiple fractures and mild brain damage
Our Lawyers Will Take Care of Your Case from Start to Finish
At Dansker & Aspromonte, we do not back down from tough cases. We will fight to get you the maximum amount of compensation available, whether that is through a settlement or jury verdict.
Our attorneys and staff work hard to:
- Identify and prove liability for your accident
- Obtain evidence of negligence, including eyewitness testimony, photographs, videos, and official accident reports
- Enlist experts to testify on your behalf
- File your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Handle insurance negotiations and work to get the best outcome for you
- Explain your case clearly, without using complicated legal jargon
- Keep you informed with regular updates
Head Injuries Can Affect Your Physical, Mental, & Emotional Health
TBIs are injuries that occur when a jolt or blow to the head damages the brain. According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, primary TBIs happen at the time of your accident, while secondary injuries can develop in the days and weeks following your primary injury.
Depending on the severity and type of TBI you suffer, you may experience a range of physical and cognitive symptoms, including:
- Issues with problem-solving
- Memory problems
- Problems with balance and coordination
- Difficulty swallowing
- Changes in sensory awareness
- Difficulty speaking and understanding speech
- Difficulty reading, writing, and working with numbers
TBIs can also cause changes in personality and behavior. Sufferers may experience anxiety, depression, and irritability. They may have trouble interacting with others, interpreting social cues, and forming and maintaining relationships.
We can help you seek compensation for the full range of consequences a TBI has had on your life.
Contact our Staten Island traumatic brain injury lawyers today.
Types of Accidents that Can Cause a TBI
Any type of accident can result in a traumatic brain injury.
Some of the most common causes include:
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Slip and fall accidents
- Falls from heights
- Assaults or violence
- Construction accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Pedestrian or bicycle accidents
- Birth injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Sports injuries
Liable Parties Who May Be Responsible for Your Compensation
Who is at fault for your TBI depends on your accident and the specific circumstances of your case.
Whether an individual or institution was responsible, we are prepared to seek compensation from the liable party, which may include:
- A car, truck, or rideshare vehicle driver
- A commercial vehicle driver or their employer
- A residential or commercial property owner
- A vehicle or vehicle parts manufacturer
- An equipment or product manufacturer
- A doctor or medical facility
- A government entity
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte for a Free Consultation
Dansker & Aspromonte has proudly served Staten Island and the New York metropolitan area since 1988. We are passionate about defending the rights of New York accident victims and their families.
Our team is here to provide you with the legal help and support you need during this difficult time. If you or a loved one suffered a TBI, contact us to learn more about seeking compensation. Call (646) 692-0204 for a free case evaluation.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Sanitation Worker Truck Injury $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Woman Struck By Truck $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Smoke Inhalation $8 Million
Dansker & Aspromonte represented 60 tenants in the infamous Schomburg Plaza fire. A fire started in a jammed compactor chute on the 20th floor of the high-rise apartment building.
Head Injury $7.8 Million
This female accountant was walking after work in Battery Park on the pedestrian promenade when she was suddenly struck by a speeding police motor scooter.
Serious Injuries $6.6 Million
This case involved a 6-year-old girl who was in a minivan that was struck by an ambulance in a multi-car collision on the Northern State Parkway in Long Island, New York.
Serious Injuries $6.25 Million
A 26-year-old bicycle deliveryman was struck by a speeding Dollar Rent-A-Car van on a busy intersection, causing multiple fractures in his neck, back, arm and leg, as well as mild brain damage.
Handle Your Case With Confidence Work With Dansker & Aspromonte Today
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for help today. We serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.