Chiropractic is a system of complementary medicine based on the diagnosis and treatment of misalignments of the joints. This is especially the case concerning the spinal column, which can be the cause of other disorders that affect the organs, muscles, and nerves.
Chiropractors apply hands-on pressure to ensure the musculoskeletal structure of the body is in proper alignment. Due to the effectiveness of the practice, millions of people turn to chiropractors when they experience a variety of pains, especially along the spine.
What does a Chiropractor focus on?
Chiropractors focus on aligning a patient’s joints to reduce pain and ensure the musculoskeletal structure of the body is in proper alignment. With that being said, chiropractors also focus on medicine free care.
When the body is in perfect alignment issues such as joint pain and back pain will dissipate thus eliminating the need for a patient to turn to medication that could have potentially detrimental side effects. Millions of people who seek an alternative to pain relief for injuries such as muscle strains, accidents and sports injury often turn to chiropractors.
- What is a Chiropractor? – Chiropractic is generally categorized as alternative medicine or complementary medicine.
- What Happens at the Chiropractor? – While visiting a chiropractor is similar to visiting other healthcare providers, it does have some unique elements.
- Chiropractor Profession – The name comes from the Greek word meaning “done by hand.” However, the roots of the profession can be traced back to the beginning of recorded time.
- Things You Should Know About Chiropractors – Mystified by chiropractors? You’ve got a lot of company. Many people don’t understand what a chiropractor does.
For a free legal consultation, call (212) 732-2929
What is Spinal Manipulation?
Also known as “chiropractic adjustment” spinal manipulation is often the most popular and well-known procedure offered by chiropractors. Spinal manipulation is used to restore mobility to joints that have become restricted in their movement due to damaged tissues.
There are many ways an individual can damage their spinal tissue. These include performing repetitive actions, improperly lifting heavy objects, using a bad posture while sitting and much more. Spinal manipulation restores mobility to the spine thus eliminating pain and allowing the damaged tissue to heal.
- What Is Spinal Manipulation? – Could “cracking your back” be the solution for backaches and headaches? The answer is yes, claim advocates of spinal manipulation.
- Understanding Spinal Manipulation – There are well over 100 types of adjustment techniques used by chiropractors throughout the world.
- Spinal Manipulative Therapy For Chronic Low-Back Pain – Spinal manipulative therapy (SMT) is an intervention that is widely practiced by a variety of health care professionals worldwide.
- Spinal Manipulation Therapy For Back Pain – Spinal manipulation therapy is an effective way to treat some types of back pain, especially when this pain treatment is started within one month of when the pain started.
- What Is Spinal Manipulation? – Spinal manipulation is a staple in a chiropractor’s routine, and when performed by a well trained professional offers a plethora of benefits..
Common Ailments that can be helped by seeing a Chiropractor
Chiropractors can fix a wide variety of common ailments that plague the human body. We already know chiropractors can remedy back pain. They can also help to alleviate migraines and tension headaches, stress and anxiety (by relieving muscle tension and suggesting helpful nutritional supplements), fibromyalgia, and improve flexibility.
As you can see, sometimes medicine is not needed for pain relief when what’s really needed is a chiropractic adjustment. Of course, speak to your doctor to find the best course of action for your situation.
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Chiropractic Care – When you are in pain, it is natural to seek action and treatment to cure the ailment.
- How Chiropractic Care Eases the Most Common Types of Back Pain – back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work and the second most common reason for visiting a doctor.
- 10 Benefits of Getting a Chiropractic Adjustment – Pain medications can only do so much, and they won’t fix your problem.
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Chiropractic – The body can get by for months or even years before any signs of pain arise..
- Chiropractic Care for Back Pain – Among people seeking back pain relief alternatives, most choose chiropractic treatment.
When you’re injured due to someone else’s negligence (or if injured on purpose), you can file a lawsuit against them. For example, you can file a lawsuit against an individual for assault if they intentionally injure you. You can also file a lawsuit if you sustain a sports injury due to overly aggressive play.
Lawsuits may also be an option in workplace accidents where the fault falls on the employer. For example, injuring your back due to a slippery floor will likely be the fault of the employer rather than your own. In all instances you can turn to the services of a chiropractor to treat your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Chiropractic can fix a large number of ailments in the body. People turn to this field of health care for an all natural alternative to medication that often have negative side effects. From spinal manipulation and sports injuries to headache relief and back pain seeking out a chiropractic solution is a viable alternative solution to traditional health care.