A severe car accident can be a traumatic event that changes your life in an instant. If you suffered serious injuries due to the negligent or reckless actions of a driver, a New York car accident lawyer from our team can help you. We can assist you by gathering evidence, negotiating with the at-fault party, and preparing your case for court, if necessary.
If you suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a car accident, contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates without delay. We offer a free initial case evaluation, and we work on a contingency fee basis—meaning that if we do not get compensation for you, you do not owe us attorney’s fees. To get started, call us today.
How a New York Car Accident Lawyer can Help You
Since 1988, Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has been represe
nting people throughout the State of New York who have been injured due to the fault of others. Though many personal injury cases settle prior to trial, in order to ensure the best recovery for you, we thoroughly prepare every case as if it will be presented for a jury trial.
It is important to contact the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates immediately after your accident so that an investigation of the facts of your accident can be undertaken. Once retained, we will:
- Gather important evidence: To prove that the accident was all or partially the fault of the other driver, we will scour for compelling evidence to build your case.
- Determine the value of your case: We will assess your accident-related losses—past, present, and future—to offer you a goal amount for your case.
- Negotiate with the insurance company: You don’t have to handle any communication with third parties. We will speak with the insurance companies for you and seek the best possible settlement.
- Take your case to court, if necessary: If we cannot secure a fair settlement through negotiations, we may be able to take your case to court and seek damages before a judge.
- Protect your rights: If an insurance company attempts unfair tactics with your claim, such as denying your case or offering you an unfairly low amount, we will step in to protect your rights.
You can focus on your recovery while we pursue the legal details for you.
We Seek the Best Possible Results for Our Clients
Our goal is to fight for your interests and get the best possible outcome for your case. Since we began serving New York, we have recovered over $450 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients and their families.
Some outcomes of cases that may be similar to yours include:
- A $31 million verdict for a police officer involved in a car accident
- A $6.6 million verdict for a child hit by a van
- A $10.3 million verdict for a woman struck by the flatbed of a truck
While we cannot guarantee a certain settlement amount for every case, we will work hard to ensure that all potential losses in your case are compensated.
Types of Compensation You can Seek After a New York Car Accident
If you suffered serious injuries due to a driver who drove negligently, you do not have to fight alone. Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can help you build a strong case to help cover all of your damages, including your:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life
- Lost earnings
- Medical expenses (from the date of the accident to the rest of your life)
Other forms of compensation may be available, depending on the details of your case. To get started, call us today.
Filing a Wrongful Death Claim
If you lost a close loved one following a motor vehicle accident, you may be eligible to pursue a wrongful death action against the party responsible for their death. You have a limited amount of time to file a wrongful death lawsuit. If you fail to file within that time, you will likely be unable to recover compensation.
Some of the compensable damages you may be able to recover through a wrongful death claim include:
- Pain and suffering on behalf of your loved one
- Burial or cremation expenses
- The cost of end of life services, such as hospice or life support
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance and household benefits
- Loss of income
When you call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we can help you determine if you might be able to file a claim or lawsuit after the passing of your loved one.
You Only Have a Limited Time to File Suit
You should take prompt legal action after a car accident since New York has stringent laws when it comes to the time you have to file a lawsuit. If you do not take action within this designated time period:
- Your options for financial recovery could be lost.
- We may lose the ability to gather crucial evidence that is only available immediately after the accident.
By getting started on your case as soon as you can, you give your legal team as much time as possible to put together a strong case.
We can Handle Offers from the Insurance Company So You Don’t Have to
After your collision, you may be approached by an insurance company or investigator, offering you a fast settlement. It is important that you speak with someone from Dansker & Aspromonte Associates before you make any decisions regarding your claim, as it can be difficult to know how much your case is worth.
If you talk to insurance companies in the days and weeks following your case, consider the following:
Early Offers May Be Low Offers
In an attempt to settle your case quickly before you can speak with a lawyer, an insurer may offer you an early settlement—and this amount could be grossly lower than your case merits. At first glance, you may not know what is truly fair compensation in your case, especially if you are not sure how your medical injuries will heal or whether the other driver is at fault.
You Don’t Have to Make Recorded Statements
If an insurance company calls to ask you for a recorded statement about the accident, keep in mind that you may end up saying something that could be used to lower your case value. We recommend that you speak to an experienced attorney before dealing with representatives from the at-fault party’s insurance company and that you keep your direct communication with insurance companies to a minimum.
If you work with our team, we will gather the evidence in your case to prove its value. We will also manage all communications with the other driver’s insurance company or representatives so that you don’t have to do this.
We Can Help You Prove the Other Driver was at Fault
The lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates will immediately conduct an investigation of the available evidence in your car accident case, which will include speaking to witnesses and obtaining a copy of the police accident report, if applicable.
Sometimes the information contained in the police report is inaccurate and additional witnesses or surveillance video can be obtained to prove that the other driver is responsible for the accident. Once we determine what contributing factors played a role in your collision, our lawyers can get to work proving to the other side’s insurance company that they should take responsibility and pay for your damages.
Types of Evidence We Can Use to Support Your Case
Some of the following pieces of evidence may be helpful to prove the other driver’s fault in your case include:
- The police report filed at the accident scene
- Photos and videos of the collision itself
- Any available traffic surveillance footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Testimony from a medical professional or accident reconstruction specialist
Proving Negligence Caused Your Accident and Injuries
Traveling in and around the busy streets of New York demands the full attention of each and every driver. A recent report from the New York City Police Department (NYPD) lists driver inattention and distraction as the largest contributing factors to car accidents statewide. If another driver’s inattentiveness resulted in your injuries or losses, they can be held financially responsible for the collision’s aftermath.
In addition to distracted driving, the NYPD lists the following reckless behaviors as contributing factors of accidents in New York:
- Following or passing too closely
- Improper lane change
- Failure to yield to another driver
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Aggressive driving
- Backing up unsafely
- Disregarding posted traffic signals
The lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates will immediately conduct an investigation of the available evidence in your car accident case and work to show that the other driver’s negligence caused your accident and damages.
Contact the Attorneys at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we understand how car accidents affect the lives of our clients. Whether you are recovering from your injuries or mourning the loss of a loved one, we can handle your case with the sensitivity it deserves. On top of dealing with the catastrophic aftermath of a crash victims often face mounting medical bills, lost earnings, and potentially lifelong chronic pain—and we can take action on your behalf.
Call us today for your free case evaluation.