Brain Damaged Child
MVA Involving Police Officer
MVA - Child in Van
NY Freeway Accident
New York Freeway Accident
Water on Roadway
Life Threatening Injuries
- See More Case Results
Bronx Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The aftermath of a pedestrian accident can leave you feeling overwhelmed and unsure of how to tackle the weeks ahead of you. Many injured parties struggle to manage the demands that an accident can place on them physically, emotionally, and financially.
Sadly, thousands of preventable traffic accidents occur every year, resulting in serious, life-changing injuries that are commonly the result of carelessness or distraction, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, fatigue, or other unsafe practice. This behavior commonly causes a wide range of accidents to pedestrians in the roadway, on sidewalks, in parking lots and anywhere else motor vehicles can operate.
If you or a loved one was injured as a pedestrian, you could be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs related to the accident. A Bronx pedestrian accident lawyer can manage your personal injury case from start to finish.
You do not have to worry about paying any money upfront for our services. We only earn a legal fee when we obtain money for you.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Bronx, call (646) 692-0204.
Being Hit by a Motorist as a Pedestrian Can Change Your Life in Seconds
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2017, almost 6,000 pedestrians were killed in traffic accidents; another 137,000 suffered serious injuries.
When struck by a vehicle, pedestrians may suffer one or more of the following injuries:
Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
According to the Mayo Clinic, TBIs can result in a host of health conditions varying in severity and permanence. Examples of long-lasting effects include changes to a person’s behavior, emotions, senses, cognitive ability, and social skills.
Spinal Cord and Disc Injuries
Damage to the spinal cord and discs can result in permanent changes to the body, possibly resulting in paralysis. People who suffer spinal injuries may require lifelong care and treatment as well as chronic pain.
Broken Bones and Fractures
Broken bones are a common injury following a collision with a vehicle and may require immobilization or surgery. Fractures can also lead to other health complications, such as nerve damage, pulmonary embolisms, or loss of function. In extreme cases, broken bones can disrupt blood flow to the surrounding tissues. Diagnosing fractures may include x-rays, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans, and physical examinations. Recovery can take many months. Injured parties may experience changes in their earning power while they recover.
Serious injuries can affect every area of an injured person’s life. The team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP is ready to fight for the compensation you and your family deserve. To find out more about how we can help you, call (646) 692-0204.
Claiming Compensation if a Negligent Driver Hit You
Depending on the circumstances of the collision and the severity of your injuries, you may have several avenues from which to seek compensation. The New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS) notes that New York is a no-fault state. You may first need to file a claim with your own insurance company before seeking compensation elsewhere.
However, if you sustained serious injuries as defined under New York’s statutes, you still may be left with out-of-pocket expenses even after filing a claim. In this event, we can help you pursue a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the party who caused your accident.
We can do this by:
- Investigating the cause of the accident
- Identifying who is liable for your losses
- Gathering evidence to support your case
- Proving negligence
- Negotiating with the at-fault party’s insurance company or their lawyers
- Reviewing possible settlement offers
- Representing you in court, if necessary
To learn more about how our team can help you recover compensation after a pedestrian accident, call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP today.
We Can Help You Secure Financial Recovery Following an Accident
If you have suffered serious injuries as the result of a negligent driver, no amount of money can undo the harm you have suffered. The Bronx pedestrian accident lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP will use our decades of experience to fight for the fair and just compensation to which you are entitled. While every case is unique, below is a list of the types of damages you may seek depending upon the facts of your case:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Loss of services around the home
- Damage to the marital relationship
- Future pain and suffering, if your injuries are deemed permanent in nature
- Out of pocket hospital and medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished future earning capacity
- Costs for adaptations around the home, medical equipment, and other out of pocket expenses due to your injuries
After a pedestrian accident, it is important that you follow this simple advice in order to protect your rights:
- Call the police and request that a police report be completed. This report will be helpful in proving some of the aspects of your accident claim. A police report is not required to prove your case but its absence can weaken your rights.
- Request medical attention at the scene. Even if you are not sure about the severity of your injuries, it is recommended that you get yourself checked out as soon as possible to document your accident and injuries.
- Try to obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses. Independent witnesses that can support your version of the accident will strengthen your claim.
- Do not give any statements to representatives of the at-fault party. Until you consult a lawyer, statements that you give to the at-fault driver or his or her representatives can be used against you in your claim.
- Contact a qualified lawyer immediately to discuss your rights. There are deadlines that limit your rights to recover benefits and compensation. If you fail to bring your claims by these deadlines, you may be forever prevented from receiving the compensation you deserve.
The lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP have been fighting for the rights of injury victims since 1988. We are here to fight for you. Even if you are not sure whether you have a strong claim, call us for a free consultation. In some instances, even a minor injury at first can develop serious complications. You may be entitled to substantial financial compensation. To protect your rights in the future, it is important that you consult an experienced and qualified team of lawyers today.
Our lawyers are standing by to hear from you. Call us at (646) 692-0204.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
A four-year-old boy was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Wrongful Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when our client was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Our client was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
New York Pedestrians at Risk of Injury
- Pedestrian Accidents
Dangers of Texting and Walking
- Pedestrian Accidents
How do NYC personal injury attorneys prove negligence in accidents between a pedestrian and a bicyclist?
- Pedestrian Accidents
Young New Yorker Remains Critical After Pedestrian Accident
- Pedestrian Accidents