Queens Bicycle Accident Lawyers
NYC Dot 2020 Bicycle Crash Data Report concluded that crashes involving motor vehicles and bicyclists accounted for 1067 injuries throughout Queens. If you experienced serious injuries due to a bicycle collision, it’s your right to hold the at fault party or parties accountable, whether your accident was due to a negligent driver or roadway defect.
If you need legal representation, trust Dansker & Aspromonte’s bike accident lawyers in Queens. We have been fighting for the rights of bike accident victims since 1988. We will provide you with a free bicycle accident case review to evaluate your claim.
From there, if we agree to accept your case, our experienced team will build a strong claim for you that results in maximum financial compensation for each and every type of injury you sustained.
Our Queens Accident Attorneys Hold Guilty Parties Accountable
Our mission is straightforward: we help seriously injured bicycle accident victims in Queens recover fair and reasonable financial compensation. To do this, our lawyers are well-versed in New York bicycle laws and will work tirelessly to build a strong claim for you. Once you retain us to fight for you, we will begin a careful and thorough investigation of your claim that gathers and preserves all available evidence, files all claims in a timely manner and builds a strong claim for you.
To build a powerful case, our Queens accident attorneys first determine every liable party in your claim. This could be a single person (like a drunk driver) or a third party or a business entity (such as a commercial truck company or roadway contractor).
Once we identify who is at fault, we collect evidence to prove how their actions contributed to your injuries. We use four factors to determine fault:
- Duty of care: The liable party had a duty to act within reasonable standards
- Breach of duty: The responsible party violated the duty of care (intentionally or unintentionally)
- Causation: The breach of duty caused the victim’s injuries
- Damages: The accident victim’s injuries resulted in damages (economic and non-economic)
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer in Queens, call (646) 692-0204
Understanding New York Bike Laws
Bicyclists in New York City have the same rights and responsibilities as motor vehicle drivers. Cyclists must follow New York City bike laws and act within a reasonable standard of care. Examples of New York biking rules include:
- Riding with traffic, not against it
- Biking in the street, not the sidewalk
- Using marked bike lanes whenever possible
- Obeying traffic signals and exercising care when crossing the street
- Biking with care
With that in mind, accident victims often wonder if they can collect compensation even if they are partially responsible for the collision. The answer is yes, because New York adheres to comparative fault laws. If you’re unsure of what type of damages you are eligible to obtain, review your accident claim with an experienced bicycle accident attorney.
You May Be Entitled to Compensation After a Queens Bicycle Accident
A bicycle accident can leave you with injuries that cause you chronic pain, limit your ability to work, impede your plans for the future, and create lifelong disabilities. If you suffered losses due to a bike accident, a Queens bicycle accident lawyer will handle your claim and fight for maximum financial recovery.
Upon a careful review of your bicycle accident, our legal team will pursue the compensation you deserve. New York law entitles victims of negligence to pursue fair and reasonable compensation for all physical, emotional and economic injuries if their injuries are deemed to be serious. Some of the types of damages you may be able to recover includes:
- Pain and suffering: Including your physical and emotional trauma
- Medical expenses: Including emergency services, hospitalization, and doctor’s fees
- Ongoing medical costs: Such as rehabilitation, therapies, and medications
- Lost wages: Due to time away from work because of injuries and treatment
- Diminished earning capacity: For when injuries prevent you from returning to work
- Miscellaneous expenses: Such as childcare, home renovations to accommodate disabilities, and paying for transportation if your injuries prevent you from driving
- Loss of enjoyment of life: Including the inability to do activities and hobbies you used to enjoy
- Permanent injuries, impairments, and disabilities: Such as paralysis, loss of a limb, brain damage or chronic pain
If the driver who was responsible for your bicycle accident is criminally charged, you can still file a civil case. You still can pursue damages even if the liable party is involved in a criminal prosecution, and our lawyers will fight for you to receive a fair settlement or jury award.
Wrongful Death Claims
Bicycle safety is a national concern. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that over 850 bicyclists were killed in collisions across the nation in 2018.
If you lost a loved one in a bicycle accident caused by a negligent driver or dangerous roadway condition, our personal injury lawyers will help you file a wrongful death claim. We will use evidence to prove how another party’s actions resulted in death and will make sure you collect fair and reasonable compensation.
In a bicycle accident wrongful death lawsuit, our lawyers can seek to obtain financial recovery for:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost wages due to the fatality
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance and support
Take Legal Action to Secure Maximum Compensation
When filing an accident claim, your time to file a claim for benefits or compensation is limited. If you fail to file your claim by the applicable deadlines, you could be prevented from recovering the compensation you deserve.
Every case is unique and different time limits apply. In order to protect your rights, consult a qualified and experienced lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner you speak to a lawyer about your accident, the sooner you can begin to build a strong claim. Follow this simple advice if you have been involved in a bike accident:
- Call 911
- Request that a police report be completed
- Obtain immediate medical attention
- Make note of any witnesses at the scene
- Have photographs taken of the scene, involved vehicles or your visible injuries
- Do not post on social media about the accident or your injuries
- Do not give any statements to representatives of the at-fault party
- Consult a lawyer as soon as possible
Complete a free case evaluation form now.
Negligent Actions Cause Bicycle Accidents in Queens
The majority of bicycle crash cases we see stem from negligence. Careless or reckless behaviors from drivers, businesses, and city officials cause damages to others, and they must be held accountable.
Examples of negligent actions that contribute to New York bicycle accidents can include:
- Distracted driving
- Operating a motor vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Hazardous road conditions (such as construction debris or unrepaired potholes)
- Failure to adhere to traffic signals or yield to oncoming cyclists
- Illegal passing or turns
- Defective roadway repairs
- Failure to establish safe road construction zones
- Broken traffic lights or missing road signs
We understand that a bicycle accident can result in a lifetime of physical, financial, and emotional suffering. No matter how your accident happened, we want to hear from you. A skilled bicycle accident attorney can investigate your collision, interview witnesses, and analyze evidence to hold negligent parties accountable.
Our Queens Bicycle Accident Lawyers Get Results
We have spent years fighting for our clients, and our track record of case results displays our success. Our attorneys are not afraid to stand up to insurance companies, fight for higher compensation, and take a claim to trial.
Some of the jury verdicts and settlements we have obtained for New York bike accident victims include:
- $6.25 million for a bike deliveryman who was struck by a rental van
- $3.3 million for a woman who ran over a pothole on her bike
- $2.4 million for a man who ran over a poorly maintained traffic control sensor in the road
If you want to obtain maximum compensation for your losses, we are the Queens law firm to trust. We will give you the support and guidance you need in the aftermath of a bike accident. Call us at (646) 692-0204.
If you suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a bike accident, let Dansker & Aspromonte handle your claim. Our passionate and experienced Queens bicycle accident lawyers will file your lawsuit, gather and preserve necessary evidence, retain all necessary experts to support your claim and negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
Contact our team now to learn more about how we can fight for you. Call Dansker & Aspromonte at (646) 692-0204 now for a free case evaluation. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only earn a legal fee when you recover compensation.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Sanitation Worker Truck Injury $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Woman Struck By Truck $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Smoke Inhalation $8 Million
Dansker & Aspromonte represented 60 tenants in the infamous Schomburg Plaza fire. A fire started in a jammed compactor chute on the 20th floor of the high-rise apartment building.
Head Injury $7.8 Million
This female accountant was walking after work in Battery Park on the pedestrian promenade when she was suddenly struck by a speeding police motor scooter.
Serious Injuries $6.6 Million
This case involved a 6-year-old girl who was in a minivan that was struck by an ambulance in a multi-car collision on the Northern State Parkway in Long Island, New York.
Serious Injuries $6.25 Million
A 26-year-old bicycle deliveryman was struck by a speeding Dollar Rent-A-Car van on a busy intersection, causing multiple fractures in his neck, back, arm and leg, as well as mild brain damage.
Handle Your Case With Confidence Work With Dansker & Aspromonte Today
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for help today. We serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.