No one should underestimate the seriousness of brain and spinal cord injuries. Debilitating pain, chronic headaches, inability to perform routine activities of daily living and other symptoms keep sufferers from living life to the fullest. Then there is the financial burden of having to figure out how to pay for medical expenses. Healing should be your only focus. But remember, fighting for compensation for your injuries is your legal right. If someone has injured you because of their negligence, you should speak to the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates. Our decades of experience fighting for Bronx residents with brain and spinal cord injuries will help you pursue financial recovery while you concentrate on getting well.
Depending on the circumstances of your injury, you could be entitled to a substantial money settlement to compensate you for the following:
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost earnings
- Past and future medical expenses
- Permanent scarring or deformity
- Other financial losses attributed to your injuries
When we work on your claim, we will:
- Investigate the facts and circumstances of your injury
- Obtain all witness information, photographs or video of the incident
- Identify the parties responsible for your injury
- Gather all medical and hospital records
- Consult with experts in accident reconstruction, if necessary
- Retain medical experts to prove the nature and permanency of your injuries
- Prepare your case for trial before a jury if necessary
For a free case evaluation, contact us at (212) 732-2929.
What Types of Accidents Can Cause a Brain or Spinal Injury?
Brain or Spinal Cord injuries can result for many different types of accidents such as:
- Falls from a height
- Blows to the head
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Pedestrian accidents
- Being struck by a falling object
- Sports injuries
Noticing the Symptoms of a Brain Injury
Brain injuries can severely decrease the quality of life for the sufferer through pain and difficulty functioning normally. The term “brain damage” covers a multitude of areas and symptoms vary widely.
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) symptoms may include:
- Head pain or headache
- Difficulty performing routine daily activities
- Memory loss
- Trouble organizing your thoughts or concentrating on ideas
- Coma or intermittent unconsciousness
- Feeling dizzy or unbalanced
- Slurred speaking
- Unusual behavior compared to what is typical for you
- Vision is blurred or fuzzy
- Vomiting or nausea
If you have any of these brain injury symptoms or others following an accident, visit your physician as soon as possible to obtain an accurate diagnosis and prompt treatment. We review your medical records with a neurologist or other medical specialist to evaluate the full nature of your injuries and how those injuries will affect you during your entire life. Doing so helps the Bronx brain and spinal cord injury lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates build the strongest case and obtain the highest monetary compensation for you and your family.
For a free legal consultation with a brain and spinal cord injuries lawyer serving Bronx, call 212-732-2929
Recognizing the Symptoms of a Spinal Cord Injury
Symptoms of a spinal cord injury include:
- Bumps on the head or spine that appear after the injury
- Difficulty breathing following the injury
- Tingling in fingers, feet, toes, or hands
- Incontinence or retaining bodily waste fluids
- No sensation or motor function below the injured area on the body
- Better functioning in one leg, arm or side of the body
- Pain in the head, back, or neck
- Tight restricted feeling in the chest area
- Memory loss
If you have any of the above spinal cord injury symptoms, seek a diagnosis from a medical health care provider immediately. Relevant documentation of your injuries confirmed by a physician is powerful evidence for your case.
Bronx Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Near Me 212-732-2929
It Is Your Right to Seek Legal Assistance in the Bronx
You have the right guaranteed by New York law to seek compensation for your injuries if you are injured by someone else’s negligence regardless of your legal status or your economic status. Helping injury victims receive the monetary compensation they serve has been our mission since 1988.
Not all lawyers who work for injury victims have the experience and dedication as the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates. If you agree to hire our firm, you will not be required to pay any money up front. We will advance all legal expenses and disbursements on your behalf. You will not be required to pay us any legal fees unless we recover money for you.
Causation is the Key to Winning Compensation
In order to win compensation for you, we must be able to prove that the damages you suffered were due to a negligent party’s actions.
Our case preparation may include:
- Performing a thorough investigation of the circumstances of your accident
- Obtaining witness, incident and police reports, if applicable
- Going to the location of the incident and taking photographs
- Gathering medical and hospital records
- Obtaining lost wages and employment information
- Consulting with accident reconstruction experts
- Hiring medical experts to discuss the permanent effect of the injuries
- Conducting an economic analysis of past and future economic damages
As you concentrate on your recovery and rehabilitation, the injury lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates will build your case so that we can fight for the highest monetary compensation for you and your family.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How You Can Help Your Case
Our team will handle all the legal aspects of your case, but there are two things you can do to help your case.
Follow Doctor’s Orders
Make sure that you comply with all of your doctor’s advice and directions. If you stop attending doctor’s appointments or disobey your doctor’s orders, this may weaken your claim for maximum monetary compensation.
Avoid Discussing Your Accident or Injuries with Strangers
After your accident, you may receive calls or visits from strangers who claim to be investigating your accident. These individuals may not have your best interests in mind. It is important that you speak with a lawyer before you make any statement to anyone who reaches out to you. Once you hire a lawyer, you should not give any statement to any stranger even if they say they are from an insurance company until you advise your lawyer first.
Be Aware of New York’s Injury Lawsuit Time Limit
New York has a time limit for filing injury lawsuits. If you fail to file your lawsuit within that time limit, the court may bar your right to receive money forever. You should contact the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates immediately after your accident so that we protect your rights to fair and just compensation. Our team can help ensure you stay within the time limit and ensure the best result.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
Your brain injury or spinal cord injury may be devastating to you and your family. Take this time to get well while we fight for you. Put the legal pursuit of compensation in the hands of a Bronx brain and spinal cord injury lawyer. A free case review is the right place to start. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929 today to speak with a member of our team.