If you were injured by another party’s negligence while performing construction duties, you deserve an attorney with decades of experience fighting for your compensation. And Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has personal injury lawyers you can trust to represent your claim.
After a workplace incident, you may feel overwhelmed and confused about what to do next. But we are the skilled construction accident attorneys in the Bronx, and we are here to explain your legal options and help you take action against negligent parties.
Take Action Quickly After a Bronx Construction Accident
New York Law limits the time that you have to bring a lawsuit regarding a construction accident. If you fail to take action within the legal deadline, the courts can bar you from obtaining monetary compensation regardless of how strong your case.
Simply put: don’t delay seeking legal representation. In addition to meeting your statute of limitations, other reasons to take swift action include:
- Evidence can be destroyed, memories can fade, and witnesses can become harder to track down
- A case takes time to build
- Construction can companies change ownership or go out of business
Therefore, the sooner you call us, the faster our construction accident lawyers can get to work on your claim.
You Have a Legal Right to Hire a Bronx Construction Accident Injury Lawyer
New York laws protect injured construction workers. Injury victims who are not aware of these laws can make poor decisions following an accident. For example, employers may encourage their employees not to pursue a claim in exchange for a few weeks of pay.
Don’t let this happen to you. Our team of lawyers thrives on procuring justice for those who sustained injuries at the expense of others. First, we can analyze your case and value the extent of your damages. Then we make sure the liable party or their insurance company agrees to a settlement that allows you to recoup every loss sustained since the accident.
What Our Bronx Construction Accident Lawyers Do for You
Construction workers in the Bronx rely on our accident injury lawyers to build a strong case while they focus on healing from their trauma. When preparing your accident claim, our construction accident attorneys will:
- Obtain witness statements, incident records, photos, and OSHA reports
- Investigate the facts and circumstances of your accident
- Assemble evidence to prove how the other party is liable
- Assist you in filing for Workers’ Compensation benefits
- Obtain all medical and hospital records
- Retain medical experts to demonstrate the long-term effects of your injuries
- Consult with construction site safety experts to prove liability
- Build your case for trial if necessary
Injured workers suffer twice after a worksite accident. First, they have to deal with the ongoing physical and emotional pain from their injuries. Second, they have to deal with the economic damage in unpaid lost wages and medical bills.
The combination of physical injuries and financial strain is overwhelming. But by taking legal action with our personal injury law firm, you can eliminate the financial burden and collect a fair construction accident settlement.
We Secure Financial Recovery for Construction Workers in the Bronx
While most cases result in a settlement agreement, each case we accept is handled as if we must go to trial. Our promise to you is that we will never settle your case without your permission. We pursue the highest monetary settlement throughout the litigation process, and we base your payout on the circumstances and nature of your physical, emotional, and economic damages.
Our Bronx construction accident lawyers believe that you have a right to obtain financial relief that is fair and just after your construction accident. Therefore, we can assist you in recovering damages for:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Unpaid wages and overtime pay
- Medical bills from the accident date to present-day
- Future medical expenses
- Loss of pension benefits and future earnings
- Mental anguish
- Permanent scarring
- Any other expenses connected to the construction accident, such as renovating your home and vehicle to be wheelchair-friendly
If you incurred losses in a construction accident, our personal injury lawyers are ready to seek justice on your behalf.
How Much Does Hiring a Bronx Construction Accident Lawyer Cost?
Our construction accident law firm provides legal services on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront fees or expenses. Instead, our lawyers immediately get to work building your case. And we only collect payment once we secure your settlement.
Once we reach a fair verdict for your construction injuries, our attorneys subtract our portion of legal fees from your lump settlement. Then we send you the rest of your compensation. And since we only receive payment once you do, you can feel confident that our construction accident lawyers will work tirelessly on your behalf.
Our History of Success Securing Settlements for New York Construction Workers
Our team has handled numerous construction accident cases over the years. As a result, we have obtained multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements for injured construction site workers. Some examples of our recoveries include:
- $3.5 million: We recovered $3.5 million for a worker who suffered severe injuries after falling 30 feet from a scaffold. The worker was not given a safety line, which would have prevented the fall.
- $2.25 million: We obtained a $2.25 million settlement for a construction worker who fell off a ladder and sustained knee and facial fractures.
You are in capable hands with our team of work accident attorneys on your side. We specialize in construction industry accidents, and we are dedicated to fighting for your justice.
What to Do After a Fatal Bronx Construction Accident
Data from the National Safety Council (NCS) shows that 39,100 people suffered injuries due to work zone crashes in 2019. A work zone crash is any motor vehicle collision within the boundaries of a worksite, including construction areas. The NCS also reported 842 work zone fatalities, and 479 of the deaths occurred in construction zones.
Our construction site accident lawyers can file a wrongful death claim if you lost a loved one due to a Bronx construction accident. Our attorneys fight for financial justice, and we pursue damages to cover funeral expenses, pain and suffering, and loss of consortium. Reach out to our wrongful death lawyers and let them handle your claim while you heal from your trauma.
Reasons for Construction Accidents in the Bronx
When construction sites are not adequately maintained, pedestrians, bicyclists, motor vehicle drivers, and construction workers are at risk of severe injuries and wrongful death.
Construction managers and companies have a duty to secure a safe workplace for their workers and nearby individuals. Failing to prevent construction accidents is negligent and makes employers liable for any injuries a victim incurs due to the incident.
In the Bronx, construction accidents commonly stem from:
- Improper construction fencing: Work zones require temporary fencing around unsafe areas, such as trenches, to prevent falls.
- Plumbing accidents: Plumbers working at construction sites require adequate safety equipment and tools. Without them, a plumber can suffer from falls, electrocution, poisoning, or compression injuries.
- Missing sidewalk sheds: When construction zones do not include proper barricades, pedestrians walking near the site can get hit by flying debris.
- Mechanical system malfunctions: If welders, turbines, hoses, or other electrical systems fail, accidents occur. An employer or the equipment manufacturer can be held liable for failures involving mechanical systems.
- Inadequate scaffolds: Scaffolds elevate construction workers and their equipment so they can perform work in specific areas. But poorly-construction scaffolds put workers and nearby pedestrians at risk of injury.
- Lack of signage: Construction sites require proper signage to alert all individuals of potential dangers in the work zone.
- Faulty sprinklers: Buildings under construction require sprinklers to prevent destructive fires and fatal injuries.
Trust Our Bronx Construction Accident Lawyers
After a construction accident, don’t wait to hire legal representation. Your employer or site owner is responsible for providing you with a safe work environment, equipment, and training. If you sustained injuries due to their negligence, the construction accident attorneys at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates will help you take action.
Contact our Bronx legal team now to schedule your free case consultation. Together, we will fight to collect the compensation you deserve.