WABC TV reports that New York City saw an increase in car accidents in 2019. New York City suffered 218 fatalities from car accidents throughout the year. Car accidents can lead to serious or even fatal injuries. If you or your loved one has been injured or your loved one was killed in a car accident in Manhattan, then the circumstances of the accident may entitle you to compensation covering all of your economic and non-economic losses. Call our team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929 for a free consultation about your rights to pursue a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Manhattan Poses Major Risks to Drivers, Passengers, and Pedestrians
Any urban environment poses a significant set of risks to drivers, and these risks may cause accidents that can injure other drivers, passengers, pedestrians, or riders of vehicles on the roadway such as skateboards, bicycles, or scooters. For all of the benefits that a city provides, we all must also deal with a variety of safety hazards. These include:
- High traffic congestion
- Sudden road changes, such as one-ways and construction zones
- Difficulty with merging
- Confusion about where and where not to park
- Distractions outside of one’s vehicle
In addition to the general distractions and dangers of the big city, drivers, passengers, and pedestrians in Manhattan are often injured as the result of dangerous driving practices including:
- Driving aggressively
- Merging suddenly or without using a turn signal
- Driving while drunk
- Driving while under the influence of drugs
- Running red lights, stop signs, and other traffic signals
- Driving in bike lanes
- Failing to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks
- Sudden openings of car doors
Drivers in Manhattan and the other boroughs of New York City may have to deal with more distractions than a driver in less-congested locations, but this does not absolve them of their duty to drive responsibly. If anything, it increases the need to drive safer on the road.
You Must Establish That Another Party Caused Your Accident
If you were injured in a car accident in or around the borough of Manhattan that was the result of someone else’s dangerous behavior, you may have the right to bring a claim to demand fair and just monetary compensation.
In New York, every motorist has a duty of care to the general public to operate their vehicle in a safe manner, which includes you if they share the roadways with you. This duty of care requires every motorist to operate their vehicle in a way that does not put others at an unreasonable risk of harm.
Call our team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929 to discuss your options. The call is free. For over 30 years our firm has been fighting for injured people to ensure they receive the compensation they deserve.
A Lawyer Can Help in the Wake of a Car Accident
When you sustain injuries from a car accident, you may be dealing with a number of unexpected realities. These may include:
- The ongoing pain from a physical injury to your body
- An indefinite recovery period in a hospital, another medical facility, or at home
- A period of time when you are unable to work
- Difficulty completing everyday tasks
- Steadily mounting expenses that can cause stress and diminish your mental wellbeing
When you retain our services, we will handle all aspects of building your claim and protecting your rights while you focus on recovering from your injuries. Our work may involve the following:
- Collecting information from you, eyewitnesses, police reports, photographs, video recordings, and other sources to gain a complete understanding of how and why your accident occurred
- Conducting further investigation into the cause and effects of your accident
- Consulting with experts in accident reconstruction
- Gathering all EMS, hospital and medical records
- Consulting with medical experts
- Filing your case in court
- Drafting all necessary paperwork as your case progresses
- Preparing your case for trial before a jury if necessary
You May Be Entitled to Substantial Monetary Compensation
If you sustained injuries as the result of someone else’s fault, you may be entitled to substantial compensation based upon the unique facts and circumstances of your case. An injury victim may be entitled to fair and just compensation for each and every aspect of his or her damages including:
- Pain and suffering as a result of all physical injuries
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of wages or earnings
- Future lost wages or loss of pension benefits
- Past or future medical expenses
- Other out of pocket expenses
Depending on the circumstances of your accident and lawsuit, there may be other areas of compensation that you may be entitled to claim.
If you lost a loved one due to an accident that was the fault of someone else, for example, we will help you fight to recover compensation for funeral and burial expenses, as well as loss of guidance and services.
Call Our Team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
Since 1988, we have represented injury victims and their families to ensure that they obtain the justice they deserve. If you or someone you love were injured in a car accident in the Manhattan area, don’t delay. Your time to bring a claim is limited. If you fail to bring that claim within the required time limit, you may be forever barred from receiving the compensation you are entitled to. Call our team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929 for a free consultation. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay any money upfront. We only get a legal fee if you receive compensation.