If the loss of your loved one is the result of another person’s negligence, a wrongful death lawyer from Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can help you. Securing legal representation can afford you much-needed peace of mind during this emotionally difficult time.
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we offer free case evaluations to New York families. Time is of the essence, so do not delay. If you lost a loved one due to the careless actions of another person, call us now.
Recoverable Losses in Wrongful Death Cases
If you have lost a loved one due to another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Pain and suffering for all physical injuries leading to death
- Mental anguish and fear of impending death
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Future loss of wages
- Loss of services to the family
- Loss of guidance, companionship, and support
Since 1988, we have been representing families in their wrongful death cases. That experience allows us to fight for the most substantial financial compensation.
We Have Secured Multimillion-Dollar Settlements for Our Clients in Cases Similar to Yours
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we fight for the compensation our clients need and deserve. One example of our success involved a $ 21.5 million structured settlement in a wrongful death case regarding the death of a sanitation worker (Rafael C v. City of New York and St. Barnabas Hospital).
No one wrongful death case is like the other, however. The outcome of your case depends upon a variety of unique factors. We will help you understand the value of your case and seek every dollar available to you.
How Our Attorneys will Help You Build a Strong Wrongful Death Case
Our team will use our decades of experience to build a strong case that the death of your loved one was the result of another party’s actions or inactions. If you retain our services, we will immediately get to work performing tasks which may include:
- Obtaining all police, accident, or incident reports
- Interviewing witnesses
- Conducting a site visit, taking photographs, and securing video footage, if available
- Consulting with accident reconstruction experts
- Collecting all EMS, hospital, and medical records
- Retaining a medical expert to prove the full nature of the physical injuries
- Hiring an economist to calculate all economic losses
- Preparing your case for trial before a jury if necessary
Call us today for a free case evaluation. We want to use our experience to fight for the compensation you deserve.
How We Prove Liability in a Wrongful Death Case
One important aspect of proving a wrongful death case is determining who was responsible for your loved one’s accident—and gathering convincing evidence to show that this party is liable. This task is something that we can handle for you, as it may be challenging to examine all the details of your loved one’s accident on your own.
Keep in mind that the person who caused the accident may not be the person responsible for compensating you. This is yet another aspect of proving liability that can be complicated. For instance, if your loved one passed away in a car crash, you may think that the driver is responsible for your case; however, we may determine that another party is liable after we investigate.
Liable parties may include:
- Trucking companies
- Cargo loading companies
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Parts manufacturers
- Construction crews
- Local or state municipalities
We can fight to ensure that the appropriate party is held responsible in your case.
If the Other Party Claims Your Loved One Was Responsible
We would like to say that an insurance company will simply pay your wrongful death claim based on the evidence in your case; however, you may run into complications. For instance, the other party may try to argue that they were not responsible for your losses—and instead, your loved one was responsible for their own accident and injuries.
You don’t have to deal with such accusations on your own. If an insurance company tries to challenge or deny your claim, we can bring our experience and resources to work for your case, working to prove that the other party is responsible.
Types of Wrongful Death Cases We Handle
There are several types of accidents that can cause a wrongful death:
- Vehicle accidents: If a driver or other road user does something careless or reckless and causes an accident, they can be liable for any injuries that occur. Examples of negligent actions may include texting and driving, driving while intoxicated, speeding, or tailgating.
- Dangerous premises: When a property owner, tenant, or maintenance company fails to ensure that a sidewalk, stairwell, building, or other property is safe, they may be liable for a serious injury or death that results.
- Unsafe construction sites: Dangerous conditions on construction sites such as unsafe ladders, missing safety devices or scaffolds, tripping hazards on work surfaces, and unprotected openings may be the result of the negligence of the property owner, general contractor, or another subcontractor.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect: Nursing home residents have the right to live in a safe, clean facility. If your loved one suffered neglect or physical, emotional, financial, or sexual abuse, you can hold the facility and abuser liable.
- Medical malpractice: If a medical professional fails to uphold their industry’s standard of care and causes injury to a patient, they can be held liable. Examples of medical malpractice include misdiagnosis, surgical errors, anesthesia errors, and missed diagnosis.
You Have a Limited Time in Which to Act
Your time to bring a claim on behalf of your deceased family member is limited. If you fail to bring your claim before that deadline, you may be forever prevented from receiving the financial compensation your family deserves.
If you lost a close loved one due to the reckless actions of another person, corporation, or organization, let us help you. Dansker & Aspromonte Associates serves the New York City metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk counties.
Why You Want the Attorneys at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates on Your Side
The sudden loss of a close loved one can leave you in a financial bind. The unexpected cost of a funeral and burial and the loss of income are just two examples of the types of expenses that cause anxiety for families. When you retain our services, we will take care of fighting for you so that you can concentrate on your healing.
Other reasons to consider working with our team include:
- We are available to take your call and offer a free case review any time—day or night.
- We take your case on contingency, meaning there are no upfront costs to get started.
- We are committed to getting your questions answered, keeping you in the loop about your case, and seeking the best possible results.
Contact Us Today and Start Working with a New York Wrongful Death Attorney on Your Case
Losing a close loved one in a sudden and tragic manner is devastating for the family they leave behind. During your time of immense grief, the idea of speaking with a wrongful death lawyer may not cross your mind. It is, however, a step you can take to protect your financial future.
Call us now for your free case evaluation. If we agree to accept your case, you will not pay us any money upfront. We only charge a legal fee if you receive compensation. Contact us today and let our team get to work on your wrongful death claim. The sooner you call, the sooner we can begin to investigate, secure evidence, and build your case.