Brain Damaged Child
Pedestrian Struck by Scooter
Fall Down Elevator Shaft
Life Threatening Injuries
Bronx Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer
When a motorist allows a distraction to divert their attention from the act of driving, they place themselves and others at risk of harm. If another driver caused an accident in which you or a loved one was injured, Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can help you.
A Bronx distracted driving accident lawyer can represent you in pursuing your case to recover monetary compensation for the injuries and damages you or a loved one have suffered due to a distracted driver. They can carry out the obligations associated with a successful insurance claim and lawsuit. Our legal team will do everything that we can to secure the best possible outcome for your situation. We are experienced and have no problem litigating your case to trial if need be.
Protect your right to fair compensation by contacting Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (646) 692-0204.
Common Types of Distractions
There are many distractions that can take a motorist’s mind and eyes off the road.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) lists the three main types of distractions:
- Visual distractions, which takes a driver’s eyes off the task of driving
- Manual distractions, which are distractions that remove a driver’s hands from the wheel
- Cognitive distractions, which takes a driver’s mind off of the road
Smartphones pose many possible distractions for drivers. According to the CDC, texting behind the wheel involves the three types of distractions listed above. However, distracted driving is not limited to smartphone use. Distracted driving also includes reaching for items, scrolling through social media, and eating and drinking.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that over 2,800 people lost their lives in distracted driving accidents in 2018. If the actions of another motorist caused you to get hurt or lose a loved one, call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates. Together, we can explore your legal options at no cost to you.
For a free legal consultation with a distracted driving accidents lawyer serving Bronx, call (646) 692-0204.
Pieces of Evidence that Could Help Your Case
Whether you are filing a personal injury or wrongful death case, the burden of proof is on you. To recover compensation, you will need to provide various forms of evidence to show how you were injured by a negligent driver. For instance, one piece of information that could help your case is the police report. This document could include the location of the accident, any statements made by the other driver or witnesses, and whether an ambulance needed to be called.
In addition to the police report, other types of information that could support your case include:
- The names of any witnesses and their contact information
- Photographs or videos of the accident scene
- Your medical records
- Traffic camera footage, if available
- Whether the other driver was issued a traffic citation or charged with a crime
- Information and documentation from your healthcare provider
You should keep all reports, records, and other documents that you receive regarding the accident and your medical treatment. This can help your lawyer advance your case while negotiating a settlement. Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can provide legal assistance in the aftermath of a distracted driving accident. You can speak with a member of our team and obtain a consultation at no cost to you.
Explore Your Legal Options in a Free Consultation
A Bronx distracted driving accident lawyer can determine how your accident occurred and recover compensation for your losses. When you hire Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, you owe us nothing unless we obtain a monetary recovery in your case. You can learn more by dialing (646) 692-0204.
Call or text (646) 692-0204 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form.
Recoverable Damages in a Distracted Driving Accident Case
You may have questions regarding the types of damages you can recover through a successful personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Your Bronx distracted driving accident lawyer can pursue the following types of damages on your behalf:
- Pain and suffering. This includes compensation for the physical, emotional, and psychological impact of your injuries.
- Medical costs. This includes compensation for emergency transportation services, hospitalization, surgical costs and physicians’ fees.
- Rehabilitative care. Compensation for these expenses includes the costs of physical therapy and pain management medications.
- Lost income. If your injuries caused you to miss time from work, you can receive compensation for your lost income, wages, and bonuses.
- Reduced future earning capacity. If your condition forced you to take a lower-paying job, then you can include this loss in your claim.
Each personal injury case is different. At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we will fight for the best possible outcome for you.
If a distracted driver caused your injuries and related financial losses, contact us as soon as possible. Dial (646) 692-0204 to connect to a member of our team.
How a Bronx Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Since 1988, Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has been helping claimants throughout the New York City metropolitan area. We have recovered over $500 million in damages for our clients, and we want to get to work building your case. Our team’s track record showcases our commitment to our clients. For instance, in one Bronx case that we handled, we were able to secure a $31 million jury verdict for a police officer who suffered injuries in a car accident.
We can help you by:
Negotiating an Insurance Settlement
Your lawyer can calculate the value of your damages and expenses and negotiate with the liable insurer for a fair settlement.
This may involve:
- Reviewing the involved insurance policies
- Presenting the insurance company with evidence of your losses
- Protecting you against any unfair insurance practices
- Fighting on your behalf until a fair settlement is reached
Your lawyer may be able to help you in ways not listed here. If they cannot reach a fair settlement offer with the liable insurance company, then they will proceed to trial in order to seek an award from a jury on your behalf to fairly compensate you and your family.
Filing a Personal Injury or Wrongful Death Lawsuit
We acknowledge that most personal injury cases are resolved before they make it to trial. Yet, if a trial is necessary to recover fair compensation, then we are always prepared and ready to present your case to a jury.
Throughout the litigation proceedings, we can:
- File your lawsuit in the appropriate court
- Manage the deadlines associated with your lawsuit, such as New York’s statute of limitations
- Obtain witness testimony
- Hire expert witnesses and present their testimony
- Present evidence regarding the injuries you have suffered
- Present evidence regarding the damages and expenses you have suffered
- Cross-examine witnesses presented by the negligent parties
- Advise you on any l settlement offers
- Present the strongest possible case to a jury and seek a just and fair award on your behalf.
We will keep you informed throughout the progress of your case. You can call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (646) 692-0204 to learn more.
Focused on Your Recovery
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
A four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, our client was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Wrongful Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when our client was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Our client was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Handle Your Case With Confidence Work With Dansker & Aspromonte Today
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for help today. We serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.