Brain Damaged Child
MVA - Child in Van
NY Freeway Accident
Water on Roadway
Life Threatening Injuries
Fall from Scaffold
Bicycle Accident/Roadway Defect
- See More Case Results
Bronx Loss of Vision Lawyer
Loss of vision can be debilitating and can happen in an instant. Accidents that injure the eyes or the brain can lead to vision loss. In some cases, the impact of this loss is lifelong.
If you lost your vision because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to seek financial compensation (known as damages) for your pain and suffering, medical treatment, lost wages, and more. Our loss of vision lawyers serving the Bronx may be able to help you recover damages.
For a free legal consultation with a loss of vision lawyer serving Bronx, call (646) 692-0204.
We Can Help You Estimate Your Damages Relating to Your Loss of Vision
Depending upon the unique facts and circumstances of your injuries, you may be able to recover substantial compensation for a wide variety of damages you sustained. Non-economic damages refer to intangible losses such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life. Economic damages refer to losses including lost wages or medical expenses.
If you have suffered a loss of vision due to the fault of another, we will fight for you to recover maximum compensation for all of your non-economic and economic damages. A loss of vision can have devastating effects on a person’s ability to function in their everyday life. Some of the most common examples of how loss of vision may affect you include:
- Altered or limited daily routine
- Reduced quality of life
- Chronic pain
- Need for ongoing medical treatment
- Inability to perform recreational activities
- Development of depression, anxiety, insomnia, or other psychological conditions
You may be entitled to seek compensation for economic damages, such as:
- Medical bills including emergency room visits, doctor’s appointments, diagnostic tests, surgeries, and medications
- Ongoing medical treatment such as vision rehabilitation
- Adaptive devices such as assistive computer technology and other devices
- Lost wages if you are out of work while you recuperate
- Future lost wages if your vision loss prevents you from returning to work in your current profession
We’ll Help You Gather the Necessary Evidence to Demonstrate the Value of Your Case
In order to evaluate the fair and just value of your damages, we will carefully investigate and build your claim. Every claim is unique, and you may be suffering from the effects of your vision loss which entitles you to substantially more than another person in a similar situation. In order to fight for your rights, we will use our decades of experience to gather evidence and build the strongest claim for maximum compensation. Some of that evidence may include:
- Pictures from the scene of the accident and site visit
- Evaluation from accident reconstruction experts
- Pictures of your injuries
- Medical bills and records
- Prescription medication receipts
- Bills for adaptive equipment
- Past wage statements
- Interviews with you, your family, and your friends to demonstrate your pain and suffering
- Witness interviews
- Retainer of medical experts
Our Attorneys Can Handle All the Paperwork and Communications so You Don’t Have to
We can help you navigate the complex legal and insurance process if your loss of vision was caused by another’s negligence. Since 1988, our lawyers have helped our clients claim more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements. Our goal is to get the best possible recovery for you, whether by settling with the insurance company or by taking the case to trial.
- Investigate the accident that led to your loss of vision
- Gather all the required paperwork and evidence related to your case and file an insurance claim for you
- Take over all written and verbal communication with the at-fault party or their representatives
- Negotiating a fair settlement, including fighting for you against any possible claims that you were to blame for the injury
- Gather and secure evidence before it is lost
- Present your claim to a jury in a trial in Court if necessary.
Proving Negligence and Liability in a Loss of Vision Case
The accident that caused your loss of vision may have resulted from someone else’s negligence. Negligence refers to a failure to act with the same level of care that another person would offer in the same situation. When someone acts negligently, they may be legally liable for the accident.
A Bronx loss of vision lawyer with Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP can investigate your case to determine whether someone’s negligence caused you to lose your vision.
- If you lost your vision in a car accident, we will investigate whether the other driver was at fault.
- If you lost your vision after a slip and fall accident, we will investigate whether the property owner caused the falling hazard, knew about it but failed to fix it, or should have known about it.
- If a defective product caused you to lose your vision, we could pursue the negligent manufacturer.
- If you lost your vision at work, we will investigate whether you were provided with the appropriate personal protective eyewear or if the workplace was hazardous.
Time Limits That Apply to Loss of Vision Cases in New York
New York places limits on how long you have to seek financial compensation from the at-fault party after losing your vision. Act as soon as you can or you may forfeit your right to pursue damages.
A personal injury lawyer with Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP can review your case and help you with your claim and lawsuit. Remember, we earn no legal fee for our services until you recover compensation.
Call Our Attorneys Today for Your Free Consultation
A loss of vision lawyer with Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP may be able to help you seek damages. Call today to set up your free consultation. The sooner you call, the sooner we can get to work for you.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
A four-year-old boy was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Wrongful Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when our client was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Our client was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.