Bronx Assault in Public Housing Lawyer
Being assaulted in public housing may be the result of negligence by housing management or other parties. Depending upon the unique circumstances of your attack, you may be entitled to fair and just financial compensation from parties who failed to act reasonably to keep you safe. Not every assault will result in a successful claim, however. There are actions you must take immediately after your assault in order to protect your rights. Call an experienced and qualified personal injury lawyer to discuss your rights.
After being assaulted in a public housing complex, there are a number of different parties who may be held responsible for your damages. The assailant, if identified, may be held criminally responsible for your injuries but is unlikely to have any money to pay your damages. Public housing organizations like the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) can be held liable for your injuries if the evidence shows that they failed to secure the premises against intruders or criminals. Other possible responsible parties may include property management companies, private security businesses, or manufacturers of defective security systems.
A Bronx public housing assault lawyer can assist you. We can help file your claim or lawsuit, investigate your assault, gather evidence, calculate your damages, and pursue compensation from the liable parties.
Reach out to Dansker & Aspromonte Associates by dialing (646) 692-0204 and receive a free case evaluation. Don’t delay however as there are deadlines that limit your rights. If you fail to file your claim by the applicable deadlines, you can be forever prevented from receiving the compensation you deserve. Before you call us, follow this simple advice after a serious assault has taken place:
- Call the police. An immediate investigation by the police will secure evidence, document your assault, and possibly bring the perpetrator to justice. A criminal prosecution of your assailant will also strengthen your claim.
- Seek out medical attention. Proof of your medical injuries and treatment is essential to building a strong claim. Failure to receive medical attention to document the severity of your injuries may diminish the amount of money to which you may be entitled.
- Take photographs and the names of witnesses. In some instances, by gathering information and details about the building security or other conditions in the housing premises, you can assist your lawyer in obtaining timely evidence.
Serious Injuries Caused by Assaults
Some people who are assaulted sustain serious injuries that change their lives forever. Your injuries could keep you from working due to chronic pain or disability, which could impact your family’s financial stability. Some injuries could also result in long-lasting damage, which could permanently alter your quality of life.
A successful personal injury claim can help you recover compensation for the damages stemming from your assault.
Serious assault injuries vary widely. Some injuries which can result from an assault in public housing include:
- Eye injuries. Damage to the eyes can be permanent, resulting in sight loss or reduced functionality, per MedlinePlus. If your eyes are damaged, you may be unable to engage in activities you once loved. You may feel like you cannot enjoy life in the same way.
- Broken bones. A broken bone can be a painful injury. You could have limited mobility while you recover from this impairment. Some of the more complex broken bone injuries may not heal completely, leaving you with mobility issues, coordination problems, chronic pain, or disfigurement.
- Spinal cord damage. Damage to the spinal column can result in permanent or temporary paralysis. Spinal cord damage can also cause chronic pain for victims. Depending on the severity of your injury, you may experience mobility problems, difficulty securing employment, struggles with normal living, and mental health challenges.
- Brain injuries. If your head was struck during an assault, you could suffer brain damage. Brain damage can lead to memory loss, difficulty processing information, challenges with speech, mood changes, coordination issues, balance problems, and personality changes.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder. In many instances, serious assaults can cause emotional or psychological damage that is disabling. Many victims require emotional support and therapy. Sometimes, the emotional damage is permanent.
The severity of your injuries will play a role in your personal injury claim or lawsuit. A Bronx public housing assault lawyer can help you evaluate the severity of your injuries, the value of your claim, and who, if anyone, is liable for what you experienced.
Being assaulted in public housing may have left you with significant injuries, overwhelming losses, physical pain, and mental trauma. A claim or lawsuit may help you secure the financial recovery you deserve, but the process may seem challenging when you are already dealing with so much.
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has been fighting for assault victims in public housing since 1988. In one recent case, we obtained a $2.25 million dollar settlement for a home health aide after she was brutally assaulted in a housing elevator when the assailant entered her building through a broken security door. Every case is unique, contact our lawyers to learn how we can help you with your case.
If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We will advance all legal expenses and we only earn a legal fee when we recover compensation for you. Don’t delay.
Contact us at (646) 692-0204 and get a free case review.
Being assaulted can cause serious physical and emotional injuries and present significant financial costs. When recovering compensation, your individual losses will be referred to as “damages.” Damages can be financial in nature, such as medical costs. Damages can also be non-economic, such as a permanent injury that you must deal with for the rest of your life.
When you file a claim or lawsuit against those responsible for your assault in public housing, you could recover financial compensation intended to account for all of your damages. However, proving your claim or lawsuit is necessary in order to win a financial award. You must prove fault, the severity of your injuries, and the cost of your damages.
Damages you could be experiencing due to your assault-related injuries include:
- Pain and suffering
- Impaired quality of life
- Medical bills
- Loss of income
- Diminished future earning capacity
- Mental distress
- The cost of mental health treatment
- The cost of physical therapy
To receive compensation for your assault-related injuries, speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner you contact a lawyer, the sooner they can investigate your attack and build a strong claim so that you can focus on your own recovery.
How a Bronx Assault in Public Housing Attorney Can Help You
If you were assaulted while living in or visiting public housing, you may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you understand your options. At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, our firm works hard to support assault victims and fight for their rights to fair and just compensation.
Some of the ways that a lawyer can help you build a personal injury case include:
- Investigating the assault and collecting evidence to prove your allegations
- Determining how much compensation you should be entitled to
- Providing advice and support throughout the legal process
- Ensuring that all claims are filed in a timely manner
- Identifying all legally responsible parties for your damages
- Preparing your case for trial before a jury at trial in court
- Negotiating with all at-fault parties for a fair and substantial financial settlement
You can call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (646) 692-0204 to get a free case analysis today.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Sanitation Worker Truck Injury $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Woman Struck By Truck $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Smoke Inhalation $8 Million
Dansker & Aspromonte represented 60 tenants in the infamous Schomburg Plaza fire. A fire started in a jammed compactor chute on the 20th floor of the high-rise apartment building.
Head Injury $7.8 Million
This female accountant was walking after work in Battery Park on the pedestrian promenade when she was suddenly struck by a speeding police motor scooter.
Serious Injuries $6.6 Million
This case involved a 6-year-old girl who was in a minivan that was struck by an ambulance in a multi-car collision on the Northern State Parkway in Long Island, New York.
Serious Injuries $6.25 Million
A 26-year-old bicycle deliveryman was struck by a speeding Dollar Rent-A-Car van on a busy intersection, causing multiple fractures in his neck, back, arm and leg, as well as mild brain damage.
Handle Your Case With Confidence Work With Dansker & Aspromonte Today
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for help today. We serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.