Bronx Fall Caused by Hazardous Flooring Lawyer
Being involved in a trip and fall accident can produce serious injuries. If a hazardous floor was the cause of you tripping and becoming injured, then the party who owns the property where you were hurt will owe you compensation for your injuries and losses resulting from the accident. Filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit is the way to obtain the compensation that you deserve if you were harmed due to a hazardous and dangerous condition.
A Property Owner Can Do Harm without Intention
The American Bar Association points out that somebody who is negligent generally does not intend to cause you harm, but instead, acts in a careless fashion that results in injury or death. Those who act negligently can be held liable for their actions through a personal injury or wrongful death claim.
There are many types of property owners, one or more of which may be the subject of your claim or lawsuit.
Property owners or others liable for your injuries may include:
- A business owner
- A homeowner
- The owner of an apartment complex
- A government municipality
- A management company
- A maintenance company
- A cleaning company
You may have multiple parties responsible for your losses, and your lawyer can tell you who they are. A Bronx fall caused by a hazardous flooring lawyer can then pursue your case for full and fair compensation.
Compensation Will Be Based on Multiple Elements Specific to Your Case
There is any number of possible injuries that could happen because of hazardous flooring.
If you slip, trip, or fall because of unsafe flooring, then you may:
- Suffer a traumatic brain injury (TBI) after hitting your head
- Break bones in your arms, hands, legs and/or ankles while trying to prevent your fall
- Injure your knees or shoulders when falling to the ground
- Suffer a spinal cord injury
You or your loved one may have suffered other types of injuries because of dangerous flooring. You might have even lost a loved one. The nature of your injuries and subsequent damages will determine the value of your accident-related losses and damages.
Getting Fair Compensation for Your Damages
To determine the extent of your injuries and resulting damages in order to maximize the recovery that you can be entitled to, your lawyer will do several things.
- Obtain all of your medical records from the hospitals and medical providers that treated your injuries
- Retain and consult with medical and engineering experts
- Speak with your doctors about the short and long-term impact of your injuries
- Obtain your medical bills to date
- Determine how much your future medical care is likely to cost
- Obtain records to document the income you have lost to date because of your injuries
- Project the amount of income you are likely to lose in the future
- Determine whether your earning power is fundamentally harmed because of your injuries
Once your lawyer has evaluated the injuries that you have suffered and the limitations and damages that you have been left with they will fight zealously to obtain full and fair compensation for you whether it be through a settlement or by taking the case to trial and seeking a jury award.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
The team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates will defend your rights while fighting for the best outcome possible. We will become familiar with your case and life so that we can represent you in an effective and powerful manner in order to maximize your financial recovery.
Your lawyer will handle your claim and lawsuit from start to finish. While many cases are resolved through a settlement, sometimes the insurance company or representatives of the responsible party refuse to offer a fair settlement. Then your experienced trial attorneys will diligently present your case at trial and seek to obtain an award to fully compensate you.
Some other tasks that your lawyer will perform include:
- Filing your lawsuit and all other legal paperwork
- Collecting and organizing evidence
- Documenting your injuries
- Documenting the economic losses you have suffered and may continue to suffer
- Making court appearances on your behalf and representing you in any hearings or depositions
- Negotiating a settlement
- Handling the trial of your case
Your lawyer will take on the legal process so that you can focus on your medical treatment and physical recovery.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (646) 692-0204 to find out more about how a Bronx fall caused by hazardous flooring Lawyer will serve you.
The National Safety Council (NSC) notes that there are several steps property owners can take to prevent floor-related safety hazards.
Some tripping hazards that a property owner could isolate, repair, or clean up include:
- Clutter or debris in a walkway
- Cracked tiles or other flooring material
- Unmarked changes in elevation on a walkway
- Loose tiles
- Bunched up carpeting
- Loose or unanchored carpeting
- Frayed carpeting
- Cords or wires stretched across walkways
Features linked to a walkway may also have an effect on the safety of those who visit a property.
For example, a walkway could be considered hazardous if:
- There are stairs that are in disrepair, uneven, or too steep.
- There are no handrails on a stairway.
- There is not adequate lighting for occupants to see potential hazards.
- There are slipping hazards (such as spills or slippery substances) on a walkway.
Property owners may be held liable for any condition on their property that is dangerous and causes an accident. They must routinely monitor their property and address any hazards that could pose a danger to guests. The condition of flooring and walkways are not an exception.
If you or a loved one tripped, fell, and suffered injuries, then a Bronx fall caused by a hazardous flooring Lawyer will be your legal advocate. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (646) 692-0204 for details about how we will aim for the best possible outcome for you or your loved one.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Sanitation Worker Truck Injury $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Woman Struck By Truck $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
When a New York Slip and Fall Injury Is Partly Your Own Fault
- Trip and Fall Injuries
Even YOU Could Slip and Fall: Navigating the Slippery Slope of a Slip and Fall Case
- Trip and Fall Injuries
Winter Walking & Injury Prevention: Tips to Avoid Slip & Fall Injuries
- Trip and Fall Injuries
What is a Premises Liability Case in New York?
- Trip and Fall Injuries
Handle Your Case With Confidence Work With Dansker & Aspromonte Today
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for help today. We serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.