Call or text (646) 692-0204 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form.
Brooklyn Failure to Obey Traffic Signals Accident Lawyer
Whether intentional or not, those who fail to obey traffic signals (such as red lights) can cause substantial damage. You may be entitled to compensation if you or a loved one was seriously injured because of the actions of a negligent motorist. You may also have the grounds of a wrongful death claim if you lost a loved one in a collision. A Brooklyn failure to obey traffic signals accident lawyer will handle your case from start to finish.
Call the team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (646) 692-0204 for a free consultation. We will seek the best possible outcome for you or a loved one after a serious accident.
Your Lawyer Will Prove Negligence in Your Case
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) has found that motorists who run red lights cause hundreds of traffic accident fatalities each year. Motorists who disobey traffic signals and other road signs may be held liable for the harm that they cause. Those who follow the rules of the road should not have to worry about another driver hitting them.
If you or a loved one was seriously injured by a motorist who disobeyed a traffic signal, New York law permits you to demand fair and just financial compensation for each and every type of damage you sustained from pain and suffering to economic losses. Our lawyers will gather the relevant facts of your accident and use this information to prove that the other party was legally responsible for your injuries and damages.
Your Lawyer Can Identify the Contributing Factors of Your Accident
When a driver fails to obey a traffic signal such as a red light, there can be a number of possible explanations for this behavior ranging from intentional to non-intentional. A few of the most common contributing factors include:
- Drunk driving, which the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) cites as the cause of 30 deaths in the United States every day
- Being under the influence of drugs
- Using a cellphone while driving, which could take a motorist’s attention off the road, or other distracting behavior
- Brake malfunction
- Vision problems such as driving without glasses, contacts, or other visual aids necessary for a motorist to see clearly
- Careless driving
In some cases, a motorist may choose to disobey a traffic signal because they are in a hurry, seeking a thrill, or do not believe there will be any consequences. You should be aware that even if the other motorist in your situation was not issued a traffic citation or charged with a crime, you still have the ability to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit for compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a failure to obey traffic signals accidents lawyer serving Brooklyn, call (646) 692-0204.
Our Lawyers Will Build A Strong Case For You
Whether you were another driver, a passenger, bicyclist, or pedestrian, a driver’s failure to obey a traffic signal may serve as the basis to prove negligence. You must prove that the other party was negligent in causing your accident before you will be entitled to receive financial compensation for your injuries and other damages. In order to prove negligence, our lawyers will conduct a thorough and careful investigation of the unique facts and circumstances of your accident. While every case is unique, some of the actions we may take include:
- Obtaining and analyzing the available police or incident reports
- Interviewing all witnesses to the accident
- Taking photographs of vehicle damage and the incident location
- Securing video footage of the accident, if available
- Demanding sworn statements of the at-fault driver
- Requesting traffic signal timing data from the City of New York DOT
- Consulting an accident reconstruction expert
Once we can establish fault by the other side, the law permits you to demand fair and just compensation for your serious injuries. Our investigation of the full nature of your damages including compensation for your physical injuries as well as your economic expenses may include:
- Requesting all hospital and medical records
- Discussing your injuries and prognosis with your doctors
- Retaining a medical expert to discuss the permanent effects of your injuries
- Obtaining all employment and lost earnings records
- Calculating the cost of all out of pocket past and future medical expenses
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
Our lawyers are standing by to help you protect your rights. If you have been seriously injured as a result of another’s fault, call us today. Don’t delay. There are deadlines that limit your ability to obtain compensation. If you fail to file your claim for benefits and compensation by the deadline, you may be forever barred from receiving what you deserve. The sooner you call the dedicated and experienced team of lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, the sooner we can begin investigating your case, preserving evidence, filing your claims on time, and building a strong claim for maximum financial recovery. Our consultation is free and if we agree to accept your case you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only earn a legal fee when we recover compensation for you.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (646) 692-0204 for more details about how we can help you get the best financial recovery for your case.
Our Lawyers Will Negotiate for Fair and Just Compensation
Under New York Law you are permitted to seek financial compensation from the at-fault party after a car accident only if your injuries are deemed “serious”. This is called the New York Serious Injury Threshold. At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, our lawyers have been fighting for injury victims since 1988 and we have extensive experience proving that our clients’ injuries meet this serious injury threshold. Some of the types of injuries that are considered serious include:
- Loss of a fetus
- A broken bone
- The loss of a limb or organ
- A significant limitation of use of a body part or organ
- Permanent consequential limitation of use of a body part or organ
- A medical injury which prevents you from performing substantially all of your usual daily activities for 90 out of the next 180 days following an accident
- Disfiguring scarring
Once we prove that your injuries qualify as “serious” under New York law, our lawyers will demand fair and just money damages for each and every type of damage you sustained as a result of the other driver’s negligence. Some of the types of damages you can seek compensation for include:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Future pain and suffering if your injuries are permanent in nature
- Unpaid lost wages
- Future lost wages if your injuries prevent you from working in the future
- Unpaid hospital and medical bills
- Future hospital and medical bills
- Loss of services around the home
- Damage to the marital relationship
- Any other out of pocket expenses caused by your injuries
- Out of pocket expenses for medication, medical equipment, or adaptations around the home
In the event that you lost a close loved one as a result of the accident, our lawyers will help you recover the cost of funeral expenses and recover money for lost guidance and support to family members.
A Brooklyn failure to obey traffic signals accident lawyer can review your case and help you pursue any compensation for which you are entitled. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (646) 692-0204 for a free consultation.
Focused on Your Recovery
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Wrongul Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.