Brooklyn Improper Lane Change Accident Lawyer
Though the streets of Brooklyn can be quite hectic, motorists always have a legal duty to operate their vehicles in a safe manner. If they fail to do so, they risk causing injury or death to themselves and others. New York law permits you to demand fair and reasonable financial compensation from negligent drivers who cause serious injuries to others.
If you or your loved one were injured because of a careless or reckless motorist, then our Brooklyn improper lane change accident lawyers can help you bring a claim for the compensation you are entitled to demand. Our lawyers have been fighting for injury victims since 1988.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (646) 692-0204 for a free consultation about protecting your rights.
The Dangers of Brooklyn’s Roads
New York City roads experience a particularly large number of traffic accidents and fatalities. The risk of motorists, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists being killed on and near the streets of Brooklyn is a serious issue, as is the risk of non-fatal injury. The congested roadways of New York City present unique dangers for a number of reasons
Some common contributing factors to traffic injuries and deaths in Brooklyn include:
- The close proximity between sidewalks and roadways
- Large Numbers of pedestrians crossing roadways
- Pedestrians disobeying pedestrian signals or not watching for vehicles
- Vehicle traffic congestion
- A high volume of roadside activity, including parked vehicles, buses traveling in and out of moving traffic, deliveries, and pedestrian activity
- Noise and other driver distractions
- Confusing road design and signage
- Roadway construction activity
- Hyper-aggressive driving
Because of these many hazards, drivers are required to be even more cautious especially when making lane changes.
When a motorist makes a poor judgment call and their lane change causes a collision, then they may be held responsible for their actions.
Negligent Lane Changes Can Cause Serious Injuries and Economic Damages
If you are seriously injured by the negligent actions of a driver, the law permits you to demand fair and just financial compensation for each and every type of damage you sustained including your physical pain and suffering and economic damages. Every case however is based upon unique facts and circumstances. In general, however, some of the types of money damages you may be entitled to includes:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Future pain and suffering, if your injuries are deemed permanent in nature
- Lost earnings
- Future lost earnings
- Hospital and medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Loss of services around the home
- Damage to the marital relationship
- Any other out of pocket expenses caused by your injuries
- Funeral expenses, in the event of death
- Loss of guidance and support, in the event of death
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
Our lawyers have decades of experience fighting for injury victims just like you. Our team aims to get the best possible recovery that compensates you for each and every type of damage you sustained.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (646) 692-0204 for more details about how our Brooklyn improper lane change accident lawyers can help you recover the financial compensation you deserve.
In many instances, the actions you take immediately after an accident can have a dramatic effect on the strength of your claim. The sooner you contact our office, the sooner we can begin to investigate the facts of your case, identify and secure evidence before it is lost, file all claims in a timely manner, and build a strong claim for you. If you feel you have been injured as the result of another party’s fault, call our dedicated and experienced lawyers immediately. Don’t delay since there are deadlines that limit your rights to the benefits and compensation you deserve. Until then, follow this simple advice after being involved in a car accident:
- Call the police
- Request that a police report be completed
- Try to identify any witnesses
- Take photographs of the scene and of any vehicle damage, if possible
- Receive medical attention at the scene
- Follow up for all required medical treatment
- Do not give any statements to representatives of the at-fault party
- Do not post on social media regarding your accident or injuries
- Follow all medical advice or instructions
- Retain copies of any receipts for medical treatment or related expenses
- Keep all medical paperwork you received
Our lawyers are standing by to fight for you. Call us today. Our consultation is free and if we agree to accept your case you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only earn a legal fee unless you receive financial compensation. If we agree to accept your case we will conduct a careful and thorough investigation of your case which may include the following actions:
- Obtaining all police and incident reports
- Interviewing all witnesses
- Securing any video footage of the accident, if available
- Consulting accident reconstruction experts
- Demanding sworn statements from the at-fault party or parties
- Conducting a site visit
- Collecting all hospital and medical records
- Retaining medical experts to evaluate your injuries
- Gathering all lost wages proof
- Calculating all economic damages
- Filing all claims in a timely manner
- Negotiating with the at-fault party for a fair settlement
Preparing your case for trial before a jury, if necessary.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Sanitation Worker Truck Injury $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Woman Struck By Truck $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Smoke Inhalation $8 Million
Dansker & Aspromonte represented 60 tenants in the infamous Schomburg Plaza fire. A fire started in a jammed compactor chute on the 20th floor of the high-rise apartment building.
Head Injury $7.8 Million
This female accountant was walking after work in Battery Park on the pedestrian promenade when she was suddenly struck by a speeding police motor scooter.
Serious Injuries $6.6 Million
This case involved a 6-year-old girl who was in a minivan that was struck by an ambulance in a multi-car collision on the Northern State Parkway in Long Island, New York.
Serious Injuries $6.25 Million
A 26-year-old bicycle deliveryman was struck by a speeding Dollar Rent-A-Car van on a busy intersection, causing multiple fractures in his neck, back, arm and leg, as well as mild brain damage.