Brooklyn Emergency Room Errors Lawyer
If a recent visit to a Brooklyn emergency room exacerbated or caused an injury or illness, a Brooklyn emergency room error lawyer can act as your advocate to ensure your voice is heard and your rights are protected.
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates have fought for justice for Brooklyn, Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk county residents since 1988. We’ve secured over $450 million dollars in settlements and verdicts for victims like you.
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we believe finances should never stand between you and the support you deserve. We work on a contingency-fee basis and collect nothing unless you win your case.
Determining If the Standard of Care Was Upheld
Emergency room personnel are held to a strict standard of care when treating patients. When doctors, nurses, techs, or other personnel breach this standard of care and commit malpractice, the consequences can be catastrophic.
A lawyer with our firm can begin working on your case by investigating your emergency room visit. They can determine if the medical professionals who treated you afforded you the required standard of care. They may find that the emergency room error resulted from their failure to uphold this requirement.
Emergency Room Errors
In some instances, emergency room errors are the result of understaffing, overworked doctors and nurses, and lack of training. As emergency rooms struggle to treat thousands of patients a day, medical personnel may find themselves unable to keep up. Regardless of the reason, you do not deserve to pay the price.
Some examples of emergency room errors that can result due to negligent medical professionals include:
- Misdiagnosis: Incorrect diagnosis, delayed diagnosis, underestimating the seriousness of a condition, misreading symptoms, mishandling information, etc.
- Treatment delays: failure to act swiftly in cases where immediate treatment is required, improper triaging of patients that leads to poor outcomes.
- Medication errors: Improper communication of dosing instructions, inaccurate labeling, administering incorrect medication, and more.
Proving that your injuries or illnesses are a direct result of malpractice on the part of an emergency room doctor or nurse can be complex. Proving negligence while trying to physically and emotionally heal from life-altering injuries is more than any person should have to deal with.
Bringing a Brooklyn emergency room errors lawyer onboard gives you the ability to focus on you, your health, and your family while we fight for the compensation you deserve.
What an Attorney Can do for You
After experiencing an emergency room error, it is important that you are aware of your rights. One of those rights is to hire legal representation to help you pursue fair compensation.
If you decide to hire a Brooklyn emergency room error lawyer with us, they can:
- Handle all communication with doctors, nurses, hospital personnel, risk management personnel and insurance adjusters
- Gather and analyze medical records to determine liability
- Work with medical experts to back your claim of malpractice
- File your lawsuit without missing the window of time prescribed by New York State’s statute of limitations
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters to ensure a settlement that truly reflects your damages and expenses
- Litigate in a trial
Doctors and hospital personnel will almost always try to push the blame back on you by claiming you failed to properly adhere to discharge instructions. They may also try to claim that advance warning about the potential for complications and additional injuries or illnesses was provided.
They may also simply claim the injury or illness was unavoidable. In each of these instances, an attorney can investigate the error and help assign liability.
Damages You May be Able to Claim
- Pain and suffering: This is a non-economic loss that refers to physical pain, discomfort, limitations, mental anguish and loss of enjoyment of life suffered from an injury due to the emergency room error.
- Loss of income or earning capacity: This includes lost wages and future reduced earning capacity that directly results from your injury or illness.
- Medical bills: These losses include emergency room visits, hospital stays, doctor consultations, rehabilitation services, surgical procedures, and medications.
- Wrongful death expenses: This applies to any expenses related to the loss of a loved one, such as burial costs, loss of income, loss of inheritance, loss of companionship, and loss of parental guidance.
- Other expenses: These damages address any transportation costs to and from your doctor’s appointments and other up-front expenses.
Our attorneys will work with experts in the field to analyze your records and pinpoint exactly what led to your injury or illness. Then, we can calculate the costs associated with recovery and build a claim for fair compensation.
Get Started with a Free Consultation
At Dansker & Aspromonte, a member of our team is ready to review the details of your case, discuss your options, and advise you on how to proceed free of charge. Our only goal is to ensure you are fairly compensated as quickly as possible, and we will do everything in our power to ease the burden of the claims process. This means that you will be kept up to date about case proceedings, and we will handle all the necessary legal work.
The first call to us is free. A member of our team can answer any questions and discuss your injury that resulted from a Brooklyn emergency room error.
From there, our attorneys can handle your case from beginning to end. Call (646) 692-0204 today to get started free of charge.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Sanitation Worker Truck Injury $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Woman Struck By Truck $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Smoke Inhalation $8 Million
Dansker & Aspromonte represented 60 tenants in the infamous Schomburg Plaza fire. A fire started in a jammed compactor chute on the 20th floor of the high-rise apartment building.
Head Injury $7.8 Million
This female accountant was walking after work in Battery Park on the pedestrian promenade when she was suddenly struck by a speeding police motor scooter.
Serious Injuries $6.6 Million
This case involved a 6-year-old girl who was in a minivan that was struck by an ambulance in a multi-car collision on the Northern State Parkway in Long Island, New York.
Serious Injuries $6.25 Million
A 26-year-old bicycle deliveryman was struck by a speeding Dollar Rent-A-Car van on a busy intersection, causing multiple fractures in his neck, back, arm and leg, as well as mild brain damage.