Brooklyn Rape in Public Housing Due to Negligent Security Lawyer
If you were raped in your public housing complex due to negligent security measures, you may be able to recover financial compensation for your physical, emotional and economic damages from the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) or other responsible party. We understand that you may be going through a very difficult time right now. Our team wants to manage the financial recovery process on your behalf so that you can focus on your health and well-being.
A Brooklyn rape in public housing due to negligent security lawyer will carefully investigate the facts of your assault to determine whether it was the result of negligence. Not all assaults in public housing are preventable or will result in a successful claim. If the evidence shows that your assault occurred because of negligent security measures, New York law permits you to recover fair and just financial compensation for each and every type of damage you sustained. Our law firm’s ultimate goal is to fight for the highest recovery for you based upon your injuries. If we are unable to reach a settlement with the responsible parties, we will present your case to a jury at trial in Court.
To discuss your legal rights and get a free confidential consultation call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (646) 692-0204.
We Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We work on what is called a “contingency.” That means that we advance all expenses to fight the case and only earn a legal fee for our services when we recover compensation for you.
While you recuperate from your assault, we do not want you to face any financial pressures. We are determined to help you recover compensation for your losses. You can call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today to learn more. Until then, follow this advice immediately after your assault to protect your rights, if possible:
- Call the police. A police response and investigation is a valuable tool in order to seek justice and build your claim.
- Seek medical attention immediately. Documentation of your assault and medical injuries will not only help you get the treatment and evaluation you need, but also will help prove your physical and emotional injuries you sustained.
- Have photographs taken of your visible injuries and the location of the assault. Taking photographs preserves evidence that may be lost.
- Obtain follow up medical care. Receiving ongoing medical care or therapy is necessary for your well-being, recovery and documentation of your injuries.
- Do not post on social media. Statements and photographs you post to social media may be used against you in any future claim.
- Call a lawyer immediately to understand your rights. There are strict deadlines that limit your rights to bring a claim against The New York City Housing Authority and other parties. If you fail to bring your claim by the deadline, you may be prevented from collecting the compensation you deserve.
Your Case Must Be Built on Evidence
To build a strong case, your lawyer will need to prove through evidence that your assault and injuries were the result of negligent security measures. An experienced negligent security lawyer will conduct a careful and thorough investigation that is designed to uncover the pieces of evidence necessary in order to prove the elements required by law. Not all assaults in public housing result in successful claims.
Typical evidence that is used to build a strong negligent security case includes:
- The police report or other incident report
- Criminal investigation or Criminal Court records
- Security camera footage
- Statements from witnesses
- Site investigation and review of all security measures
- Crime statistics for the neighborhood involved
- Sworn testimony from housing personnel
- Evaluation from experts in public housing security
- Hospital and medical records, including therapy notes
- Reports of medical and psychological experts
This is just a short list of the kinds of evidence that will be used to prove your claim. Depending upon the unique facts of your case, you may have additional evidence available.
Your Lawyer Will Need to Establish Negligence
To recover compensation for your losses, your lawyer will need to show how negligence resulted in the incident that harmed you. Essentially, your lawyer will need to show that because the property owner or other responsible party failed to keep the premises safe, they allowed another person to cause you injury.
Using evidence, your lawyer must prove:
- Duty of care. The property owner or manager had a legal obligation to keep residents safe.
- Breach of duty of care. The property owner or manager failed to uphold their civil obligation.
- Causation. You were assaulted because the property owner did not employ adequate security measures.
- Injury. You have suffered physical, emotional or financial losses as a result of your assault.
Once your lawyer is able to establish these four elements, they may be able to recover compensation for your injury-related losses. You can discuss your legal options in a free case review with a Dansker & Aspromonte Associates team member.
Our lawyers have been fighting for the rights of assault victims since 1988. Call us at (646) 692-0204 to learn how we can help you.
How a Lawyer from Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Can Help You
Since 1988, we have recovered over $450 million in damages for our injured claimants. Recently we recovered $2.25 million dollars for a home health aide who was assaulted in a housing authority elevator by a perpetrator who entered the building through a broken side door. We want to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Call the experienced and dedicated team of lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today for a free consultation. If we agree to accept your case, we will begin a careful investigation of your assault, gather and secure all available evidence, file your claims in a timely manner to protect your rights, build a strong case that is ready for trial before a jury in Court and negotiate for a fair and just settlement with the responsible party or parties, so that you can focus on your own recovery. The sooner you call, the sooner we can begin to fight for you.
Possible Recoverable Damages
If the evidence shows that your assault was the result of negligence, New York law entitles you to fair and reasonable financial compensation for each and every type of damage you sustained and will continue to suffer in the future. Since every case is unique, the value of your claim will depend upon many factors unique to your experience. The lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates will carefully build your claim to maximize your recovery. Generally however, you may be able to recover compensation for the following types of injuries:
Pain and Suffering
You may be able to collect compensation for the emotional trauma and physical pain of your assault. The computation of your pain and suffering will rest on multiple factors including the severity of your injuries, your medical treatment and if you suffer from any permanent or long-term physical or emotional conditions such as post traumatic stress disorder or depression and anxiety.
Assault victims may be entitled to recover money to pay for any hospital, medical or psychological treatment that they required in the past and will require in the future.
Your assault may have caused you to miss a significant amount of time from work. You may be entitled to recover all lost earnings and any future earnings or diminished pension benefits caused by your assault.
The American Bar Association has written extensively about protecting the rights of assault victims. You may be able to recover the cost of damages not mentioned here. To learn more about the damages you may be entitled to, call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates to Learn More
Our Negligent security lawyers are here to help you get the maximum recovery. We represent people throughout the New York City metropolitan area, including the Bronx, Staten Island, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Nassau and Suffolk counties.
To discuss your case with a member of our firm, call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (646) 692-0204.
Focused on Your Recovery
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Wrongul Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.