Brooklyn Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can cause significant changes to your daily life, including a major loss of income. So if someone else is responsible for your damages, you need to hold them accountable. We are the traumatic brain injury attorneys in Brooklyn who can help.
At Dansker & Aspromonte, we strive to secure maximum compensation for personal injury victims. We are committed to fighting for justice. Get started with a free case evaluation and learn more about what our legal team can do for your claim.
Do I Need to Hire a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer?
After sustaining a traumatic brain injury, it is crucial to seek out the help of a legal professional. An attorney specializing in traumatic brain injury laws can evaluate your case and determine its value.
From there, an injury lawyer will help you establish fault by determining negligence. An attorney can do this using four factors:
- Duty: The party at fault for your TBI had an obligation to maintain reasonable care.
- Breach: The liable person or entity acted in a way that breached their duty of care.
- Causation: The responsible party’s negligence caused your accident and resulting injuries.
- Damages: Your injuries resulted in actual losses.
Without a lawyer for traumatic brain injuries in your corner, you risk not receiving all of the compensation you deserve. The at-fault party may deny blame, or their insurance provider may offer a settlement that is less than what your TBI merits. But your personal injury lawyer will pursue justice for your head injuries and fight to secure maximum compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Brooklyn, call (646) 692-0204.
We Help Brooklyn TBI Victims Recover Compensation
According to the New York State Department of Health’s facts about brain injuries, more than 500 New Yorkers sustain a brain injury daily. And at Dansker & Aspromonte, we believe every victim deserves fair compensation to cover their losses.
Our lawyers work with brain injury victims to recover damages that include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Medical bills and future rehabilitative costs
- Lost income and benefits
- Mental anguish
- Out-of-pocket expenses due to the accident
- Diminished earning capacity
If someone else caused your TBI, don’t take legal action alone. Instead, partner with a skilled Brooklyn injury law firm. Our legal experts will evaluate your case to ensure that you receive proper compensation for all of your TBI damages.
The Different Types of Traumatic Brain Trauma
Traumatic brain injuries can stem from various factors, and each type has different effects on the body. Some of the most prevalent types of TBIs are:
- Concussions: Blows to the head that cause the brain to shake violently in the skull.
- Contusions: Trauma causes the brain to shake, resulting in bruising around the skull.
- Penetrating head injury: After violent blunt force to the head, the skull suffers severe breaches resulting in permanent brain damage.
- Diffuse axonal injuries (DAI): When the brain moves within the skull, nerve fibers (axons) can tear and cause a coma.
- Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE): Multiple head injuries result in this degenerative brain condition.
No matter what type of head injury you sustained, you need to seek immediate medical attention. If you believe another individual or entity is responsible for your head trauma, partner with a qualified personal injury lawyer. A legal expert can help you prove fault and obtain financial recovery for any damages incurred from the injury.
Signs and Long-Term Effects of TBI
After any physical accident, it’s crucial to be aware of traumatic brain injury symptoms. The most common signs of a TBI are:
- Poor coordination and balance
- Memory loss and difficulty concentrating
- Extreme changes in mood and behaviors (like feeling irritable, anxious, or depressed)
- Frequent headaches and feeling pressure around the skull
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of consciousness
- Drowsiness and fatigue
- Blurred vision
- Insomnia or excessive sleeping
Traumatic brain injuries can cause severe damage and lifelong disabilities. Many injury victims experience cognitive, motor, and psychological problems that impact their daily lives. In some cases, the effects of a TBI can prevent a person from returning to work.
If a traumatic brain injury changed your life, you need to hold the at-fault party accountable for their negligent actions. Our lawyers will take the time to analyze your case, identify the at-fault parties, and hold each one responsible for your losses.
Common Causes of Brooklyn Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries typically result from force to the head and skull. Our Brooklyn brain injury lawyers represent clients with TBIs that stem from:
- Motor vehicle accidents (including car, truck, motorcycle, and commercial vehicles)
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace incidents (especially for construction workers)
- Physical assault (including nursing home abuse)
If another party, such as a negligent property owner or motor vehicle driver, caused your TBI, then you may be able to seek compensation from them. With our injury law firm in your corner, you can feel confident that you will receive a fair settlement for your injuries or we will proceed to trial to seek a jury award on your behalf.
Can I Pursue Compensation If I Lost a Loved One Due to TBI?
If you lost a loved one due to their traumatic brain injury, you may be able to recover compensation on their behalf. A Brooklyn traumatic brain injury lawyer can help you file a wrongful death lawsuit and hold the negligent party responsible for the fatality.
Family members can pursue wrongful death damages after a fatal traumatic brain injury. These damages include:
- Loss of parental guidance and support
- Loss of economic support
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering (on behalf of the deceased leading up to the death)
- Loss of income and benefits
- Medical expenses before the death
The devastation of losing a loved one due to a brain injury is overwhelming. Our personal injury lawyers are here to take care of your legal matters and help your family recover from their trauma.
Call or text (646) 692-0204 or complete a free case evaluation form.
Our Track Record of Successful Brain Injury Verdicts
Our Brooklyn injury law firm has a track record of securing successful brain injury verdicts for clients. Our legal team is dedicated to our clients, allowing us to procure millions in jury awards and settlements.
Some of our successes include:
- $50 million for medical malpractice resulting in traumatic brain damage
- $6.3 million after a motorcycle accident caused a traumatic head injury
- $6.25 million for a bicycle accident causing mild brain and neck trauma
Let Our Brooklyn Personal Injury Lawyers Handle Your Claim
A traumatic brain injury can cause you to suffer severe consequences, including costly medical bills and permanent disabilities. If another person or entity is the reason for your head injury, allow the traumatic brain injury attorneys at Dansker & Aspromonte to handle your case.
Contact our Brooklyn law firm now to schedule your free personal injury consultation. Our brain injury lawyers are standing by, ready to evaluate your claim and get to work securing your compensation.
If you have a traumatic brain injury case, we are the head trauma lawyers you can trust. Contact us today at (646) 692-0204.
Focused on Your Recovery
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Wrongul Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.