Manhattan Loss of Limb Lawyer
Losing a limb can change your life forever. Depending on the situation, those who have lost a limb may find themselves in chronic or severe pain, be unable to work, and need assistance with daily activities. Family and social relationships may be impaired as well.
If you or a loved one lost a limb in an accident that was the result of someone else’s fault, you might be able to recover financial compensation for all of your losses through a claim or lawsuit. While no settlement can replace what you lost, compensation may be able to pay for your pain, suffering, and bills, making life easier for you and your family.
New York personal injury laws can be complicated, but the experienced and dedicated Manhattan loss of limb lawyers from Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates can help you fight for the fair and just compensation you deserve. Our team will investigate and build a strong case on your behalf while you can concentrate on your recovery. We provide a free consultation to discuss the circumstances of your individual situation, and there are no attorney’s fees unless and until you recover compensation.
Call us today at (646) 692-0204 for your free case evaluation.
We Can Help You Prove Negligence in Your Case
If you or a loved one lost a limb in an accident, one of the first steps in building your case is proving that someone else is responsible for causing your injuries, even if that party is only partially at fault.
To prove legal negligence, we must prove the following elements in your case:
- The defendant had a duty of care not to cause harm to you.
- This duty was breached by an action or failure to act.
- The breach caused you or a loved one to lose a limb.
- You suffered damages as a result.
In order to prove the above elements, our lawyers will perform an extensive and thorough investigation of the unique facts and circumstances of your case, which may include the following:
- Interview witnesses and gather evidence, such as videos from surveillance cameras.
- Examine relevant accident, police, medical, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reports and documents.
- Call in expert witnesses to reconstruct the accident and/or testify how the amputation negatively affects your life.
If you feel that your injuries were the result of another party's negligence, contact our lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can begin to gather and preserve the evidence necessary to prove your case. You should also contact our office immediately after your accident since there are deadlines that limit your ability to bring a claim. If you fail to file your claim or lawsuit within certain time limits, you can be forever prevented from recovering the financial compensation you deserve. Don’t delay. Call Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates today at (646) 692-0204 to learn how a Manhattan loss of limb lawyer may be able to help you with your claim or lawsuit.
You Can Pursue Multiple Types of Compensation Awards
Our attorneys will fight to get you a compensation award for each and every category of damages you suffered and will suffer in the future. In New York, you are entitled to seek compensation for the economic and noneconomic damages that resulted from your injuries.
Economic damages are for your monetary losses, such as:
- Medical, rehabilitation, and continuing care costs.
- Lost wages, lost future earning capacity, and lost pension benefits.
- Out-of-pocket expenses for any expenses for such things as medications, medical equipment, transportation, and adaptations to your home.
- Loss of services around the home.
Noneconomic damages are for losses that cause physical and emotional suffering. These damages may include the following:
- Pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life caused by your physical and emotional injuries.
- Emotional distress and mental anguish.
- Future pain and suffering.
Manhattan Loss of Limb Lawyer Near Me
How Another Party’s Actions Can Lead to an Amputation
A person may lose a limb because of an injury they sustained in an accident, from an infection or disease, or from a medical or surgical error. Sometimes, a less catastrophic injury sustained in an accident due to negligence can result in a cascade of problems which ultimately results in the loss of a limb. Even in such an instance, the negligent party may be held responsible for the end result of his or her actions. Accidents that may lead to amputations include:
- Vehicle accidents: If another party drove recklessly or while intoxicated and caused your accident, that party may be found liable in a personal injury lawsuit.
- Work-related accidents: This category may include slip and falls from a height, explosions, and accidents with heavy machinery. Employers are supposed to ensure that their workplaces follow OSHA regulations and that workers receive proper training and personal protective equipment.
- Premises accidents: Property owners, management companies, and tenants are responsible for maintaining their property in a reasonably safe condition. Dangerous conditions that exist on properties can cause trips or falls, elevator malfunctions, or other accidents.
- Medical mistakes: Medical mistakes that would lead to losing a limb include amputation of the wrong limb or failure to diagnose and properly treat an infection or disease. If a medical professional or institution did not adhere to the accepted standard of care and caused you to lose a limb, they may be held liable in a medical malpractice lawsuit.
What Should You Do If You Are Injured In An Accident
If you have been involved in an accident, there are a number of actions you can take to strengthen your claim:
- Call the police
- Request that a written report be completed
- Request medical attention at the scene
- Try to identify the names and contact information of any witnesses
- Take or ask others to take photographs of the scene
- Take photographs of your injuries
- Follow all medical instructions
- Refrain from posting on social media
- Do not talk to representatives of the at-fault party or parties
- Consult our lawyers as soon as possible
Click to contact our Manhattan Serious Injury Lawyers today.
Not all personal injury lawyers are the same. You deserve a team of experienced and dedicated lawyers working for you. Since 1988, the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates have been serving accident victims with compassion and professionalism. You do not need to handle your claim on your own. We are here to help. Call us today at (646) 692-0204 for your free consultation.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
A four-year-old boy was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Wrongful Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when our client was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Our client was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.