Manhattan Sexual Assault on a Premises Lawyer
If you or a loved one were sexually assaulted on a premises in Manhattan, Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates can help. We know how hard it is to talk about what happened to you. This should not keep you from pursuing compensatory damages.
You should be compensated for the suffering you endured and continue to endure. We encourage you to call our team at (646) 692-0204. We could talk to you about how a Manhattan sexual assault on a premises lawyer could help you.
Who We Could Hold Liable for Your Assault
We can start your claim to recover compensation from the property owner or other responsible parties who allowed your assault to happen. In doing so we will thoroughly investigate what happened and why it happened to determine who is to blame. For instance, suppose you were assaulted in the stairwell of your apartment. Maybe the lights were not functioning and created a dark and dangerous condition allowing a perpetrator the opportunity to harm you.
In this case, you could have a case against the building’s owner and any entity that manages the property. We could argue that because of the negligence of the property owner and/or manager in allowing the lights to remain in disrepair, you were assaulted. Other hazards include broken locks, defective security systems, a lack of sufficient security measures, or negligent hiring where employees with criminal backgrounds are hired despite the dangers they present.
You may be able to sue a private entity or municipality for your sexual assault-related losses. All cases have time limits. Your sexual assault attorney will help you adhere to the deadlines imposed by the state’s statute of limitations and notice of claim requirements.
Resources You Can Utilize at This Time
Visit the New York City Police Department website for resources you can utilize to help you heal after your sexual assault. Remember that you do not have to suffer in silence. Your Manhattan sexual assault on a premises lawyer is here for you. Once you retain our services, we will do all that we can to help you and your family recover physically and mentally.
Ways That a Party Could Be Negligent
Several parties could be liable for multiple reasons. Some hazards that could constitute negligence include:
- A defective security system: This could include non-working security cameras or malfunctioning electric door locks. The building owner and manager could be liable in your case for failing to maintain and repair the security system properly.
- A broken entrance door or gate enabling an attacker to gain entry into the building or property.
- A negligent employee: This person could have failed to secure the building or make a repair, or failed to respond to a call for help.
- An employer hires an employee who perpetrates the attack: This is known as negligent hiring, where the employer hires or maintains an employee when they know or should have known about their employee’s inclination toward violence.
This is not a complete list. Call Dansker and Aspromonte Associates. Let us evaluate the details of your case to determine who may be responsible.
Call our team at (646) 692-0204 today to let Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates begin working on your case. Our aim is for you to get closure and a fair monetary award to compensate you for all the damages you have suffered relating to your assault.
Let our firm use our resources to help you. You can seek justice in the form of compensation. Let us pursue a claim and lawsuit for you. We will:
- Search for evidence: Security camera footage of your assault, previous complaints of hazards on the property, and medical documents that support your claim.
- Protect your rights: We want you to understand your rights and feel empowered to pursue legal action.
- Explain how the legal system works: Even if you do not know what the next step should be in your case, we can advise you. That’s what we have done for our clients since 1988.
- Negotiate with insurers: We will handle all communications with the insurance company. You will not have to worry about handling an aggressive claims adjuster. We will step in and handle it.
- Stand with you in court: If the responsible parties or their insurance companies refuse to fairly compensate you by agreeing to a full and fair settlement, we will take your case to trial to obtain an award from a jury. Your Manhattan sexual assault on a premises lawyer will see your case through to the end.
You might be entitled to a large financial award from a party whose action or inaction led to your assault. Your lawyer can help you evaluate the scope of your losses and calculate their values accordingly.
If you suffered an injury that affected your daily life, this could also entitle you to damages. If you incurred or continue to incur medical expenses such as hospital treatment, medical visits, therapy, or counseling. If you require prescription medication, you can seek to be reimbursed for these expenses.
If you needed to take time off work due to your sexual assault, we can help you pursue lost wages, lost income, and loss of benefits. If your assault has affected your ability to earn a living, we can also help you seek compensation for your future loss of earnings and benefits.
Non-economic losses such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment of life are also compensable. We know that money cannot fix the pain you feel. Additionally, it might take a long time for you to recover emotionally from this event.
To promote your mental health, you are encouraged to seek therapeutic services for conditions like anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Mayo Clinic affirms that a traumatic event can trigger PTSD. A sexual assault can certainly classify as such. You are also entitled to damages for your emotional pain.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates at (646) 692-0204 to speak to a member of our team in a free consultation about your circumstances.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
A four-year-old boy was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Wrongful Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when our client was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Our client was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.