New York Rear-End Collision Attorneys
Helping Victims of Rear-End Collisions in New York City
At Dansker & Aspromonte LLP, we have been representing victims of rear-end collisions for over 35 years. We have the experience and resources to handle all types of rear-end collision cases, including those involving Uber and Lyft vehicles. We have a proven track record of success, having recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients.
What is a Rear-End Collision?
A rear-end collision is a type of car accident that occurs when one vehicle crashes into the back of another vehicle. These accidents are often caused by a driver who is following too closely, also known as tailgating. Rear-end collisions are one of the most common types of car accidents in New York City and throughout the United States.
Common Causes of Rear-End Collisions
Many factors can contribute to a rear-end collision. In some cases, the driver who rear-ends the other vehicle is clearly at fault. In other cases, the driver who was hit may be partially or fully at fault. In still other cases, a third party may be at fault. Determining liability in a rear-end collision can be complicated, which is why it is important to have an experienced New York rear-end collision lawyer on your side.
Some common causes of rear-end collisions include:
- Following Too Closely (Tailgating): When a driver follows the vehicle in front too closely and fails to leave enough space to stop in case of sudden braking.
- Distracted Driving: Distractions such as texting, talking on the phone, adjusting the radio, or other activities can divert a driver's attention and lead to a rear-end collision.
- Speeding: Driving at excessive speeds reduces reaction time and makes it difficult to stop in time to avoid a collision.
- Sudden Stops: If the vehicle in front makes a sudden stop, the driver behind may not have enough time to react, especially if they are following too closely.
- Poor Weather Conditions: Rain, snow, ice, or fog can make roads slippery and increase the likelihood of rear-end collisions.
- Faulty Brake Lights: If the brake lights on the leading vehicle are not working, the following driver may not be alerted to an upcoming stop.
- Inexperienced Drivers: Inexperienced or novice drivers may struggle with judging distances and reaction times, increasing the risk of rear-end collisions.
- Aggressive Driving: Aggressive behaviors such as tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, and road rage can contribute to rear-end collisions.
Common Injuries from Rear-End Accidents
Even at low speeds, rear-end collisions can cause serious injuries. The most common injury from a rear-end collision is whiplash, which is a soft tissue injury to the neck. Whiplash occurs when the head is suddenly jerked forward and then backward, causing the neck to hyperextend. Whiplash can cause severe pain and stiffness in the neck, as well as headaches, dizziness, and other symptoms.
Other common injuries from rear-end collisions include:
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Broken bones
- Cuts and lacerations
- Internal injuries
- Seat belt injuries
- Airbag injuries
Some of these injuries can be life-threatening or life-altering. If you have been injured in a rear-end collision, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Our New York rear-end collision lawyers can help you get the full and fair compensation you deserve.
How to Determine Fault in a Rear-End Collision
In most rear-end collision cases, the driver who rear-ends the other vehicle is at fault. This is because all drivers have a duty to follow the vehicle in front of them at a safe distance. When a driver fails to do this and crashes into the back of another vehicle, they are considered to be negligent.
However, there are some cases in which the driver who was hit may be partially or fully at fault. For example, if the driver who was hit suddenly and unexpectedly slams on their brakes, the driver who rear-ends them may not be at fault. Similarly, if the driver who was hit does not have working brake lights, they may be partially at fault.
Why Choose Us?
Hiring a lawyer for your rear-end collision claim can offer several benefits. At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP, we understand the complexities of personal injury cases, and our experienced team can provide valuable assistance throughout the legal process.
Here are some benefits of choosing our firm:
- Experts in Car Accident Claims: Our skilled attorneys specialize in personal injury law, including rear-end collision cases. We have a deep understanding of relevant laws and regulations, ensuring that your case is handled with expertise.
- Investigation and Evidence Gathering: We will conduct a thorough investigation into the circumstances of the collision, gathering crucial evidence such as accident reports, witness statements, and any available surveillance footage. This comprehensive approach strengthens your case.
- Assessment of Damages: Our team will assess the extent of your damages, including medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering. This ensures that you seek fair and full compensation for your losses.
- Communication with Insurance Companies: Dealing with insurance companies can be complex and challenging. We will handle all communication with insurers on your behalf, advocating for your rights and ensuring that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Negotiation Prowess: Our lawyers are skilled negotiators who will work diligently to reach a favorable settlement. We aim to secure the best possible outcome for you without the need for a lengthy court battle.
- Court Representation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, our team is prepared to represent you in court. We have a strong track record of success in litigation, and we will fight for your rights in front of a judge and jury.
- Peace of Mind: Dealing with the aftermath of a rear-end collision can be stressful. By entrusting your case to Dansker & Aspromonte Associates LLP, you can focus on your recovery while we handle the legal complexities.
Remember, our priority is to provide you with the support and legal representation needed to navigate the aftermath of a rear-end collision successfully. Contact us to discuss your case and learn how we can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
A four-year-old boy was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Wrongful Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when our client was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Our client was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.