New York Fractured Skulls Lawyer
If you recently suffered a skull fracture because of another party’s negligence, you may be able to file an insurance claim or lawsuit for damages. When negligence is involved in an accident that leads to injuries, claimants can seek compensation from the at-fault party. At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, a New York fractured skull lawyer may be able to help you fight for compensation.
Once we are retained by you, we will begin a careful and thorough investigation of the facts and circumstances of your accident.The evidence we gather will assist us in building your claim so that we are able to:
- Determine whether the negligence of another caused or contributed to your accident
- Evaluate your economic and noneconomic damages
- Assess your options for financial recovery
- File a timely claim or lawsuit on your behalf, if necessary
Our ultimate goal is to get the best possible outcome for you and your family, even if it means taking your case to a jury at trial. To learn more in a free consultation, reach out to our team today.
Potential Causes of Your Skull Fracture Injury
According to UC Health, a skull fracture is a type of head injury in which the skull bone breaks. These types of injuries are also known as traumatic brain injuries or TBIs. They may lead to “bleeding in or around the brain, brain damage, leaking of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), infection, and seizures.”
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we have decades of experience providing exceptional legal representation to victims of skull fractures in the following types of accidents:
- Construction and workplace accidents
- Motor vehicle and bicycle accidents
- Premises and sidewalk accidents
- Police and firefighter injuries
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Medical malpractice
In order to diagnose a skull fracture, a doctor may use X-rays, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), or computed tomography (CT) scans. These tests can become expensive, especially if you do not have adequate health insurance coverage.
However, when you work with Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we can factor each expense into the value of your case while we fight for compensation on your behalf. We encourage you to reach out to our team today.
For a free legal consultation with a fractured skulls lawyer serving New York, call (646) 692-0204
Types of Skull Fractures
Johns Hopkins Medicine reports that there are four different types of skull fractures.
After being evaluated by a medical professional, skull fractures are usually broken down into the following types:
- Linear skull fractures: These fractures can cause “a break in the [skull] bone, but it does not move the bone.” These types of fractures typically do not require extensive hospitalization or surgery but still can be extremely painful.
- Depressed skull fractures: Sometimes, this type of injury can result in a laceration around the affected site. Because these injuries can cause a part of the skull to collapse, you may require surgery to correct any deformities.
- Diastatic skull fractures: These injuries can occur along the suture lines in the skull, which are the part of the skull that expand during development. These injuries are frequently seen in babies and young children.
- Basilar skull fractures: This injury is considered the most dangerous type of skull fracture, causing bruises around the eyes and behind the ears.
Speaking to a medical professional can provide more insight into your condition and available treatment options. While undergoing treatment, you should keep all documents related to your care. This can include the dates of follow-up appointments, the names of prescribed medications, and other relevant information.
Evidence for Your New York Skull Fracture Case
The lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates will investigate the circumstances that led to your injury. During our investigation, we may be able to uncover various pieces of information that can be used to establish negligence in your case. Some forms of evidence in your case could include:
- Police, accident or incident reports
- Witness statements
- OSHA or other accident investigation records
- Medical records, including statements from the attending doctor
- Photos of the accident scene
- Surveillance video, if available
- Sworn statements under oath from the other party or parties
- Expert reports from accident investigators or medical doctors
When you call our team today, we will offer you a free case review to discuss your legal options. A member of our staff can explain in more detail which pieces of information could bolster your case. We are eager to learn more about your situation and explain how we can help. To get started, call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates.
While you recover from your injuries, our New York fractured skull lawyers will fight for you to receive the substantial financial compensation you deserve.
Every case is unique and based upon facts and circumstances in your case. Generally, if your injuries are due to the fault of another, you are entitled to fair and just compensation for each and every aspect of your damages which may include:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Future pain and suffering for all injuries
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Future out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Lost wages in the past or future
- Reduced earning capacity
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of pension benefits
- Any other unreimbursed expenses caused by your injuries
In the event that a skull fracture or other injury resulted in death, a family member or other representative has the right to bring a wrongful death claim and demand the following additional damages not otherwise listed above:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of household services
- Loss of guidance and support
- Loss of inheritance
- Your loved one’s medical bills
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
You may be able to recover additional damages besides those we have included here. This is not meant to serve as an exhaustive list of compensable losses.
You Have a Deadline to Meet When Filing a Lawsuit
Claims against municipalities such as the City of New York, public agencies or the State of New York have special deadlines that are even shorter. For example, in any claim against The City of New York you must first file a Notice of Claim within 90 days of your accident AND file your lawsuit within 1 year and 90 days of the accident.
These deadlines may vary based on the specific details of your case. Our New York injury lawyers can determine exactly how long you have to take legal action after discussing your accident during a free consultation.
Keep in mind that we also need time to build your case. We have to investigate, gather evidence, and file your paperwork. We may also enter into negotiations with insurers before taking legal action. None of these processes stall the deadline, though.
What Happens If You Miss the Deadline?
If you fail to meet these state-imposed deadlines, you may see the court dismiss your case. You could lose your last chance to hold another party liable.
You can support your case by acting quickly. We can begin your case immediately once you call for your free consultation. We can then keep an eye on any applicable deadlines and work in a timely manner.
Since 1988, our team has recovered over $450 million for people throughout New York City and the surrounding areas. We provide legal representation to claimants in Manhattan, Queens, the Bronx, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Nassau County, and Suffolk County. In one case we handled, we recovered $6.5 million for a woman who suffered multiple skull fractures after being hit by a passing motor vehicle. In another situation, we recovered $3.5 million for an undocumented worker who suffered a skull fracture after falling 30 feet.
We want to get started securing the best possible outcome for you and your loved ones today. To learn more about your legal options, call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates. Don’t delay. Your time to bring a claim for financial compensation is limited. If you fail to bring your claim within the deadline, you may be forever prevented from receiving the compensation you deserve.
If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money up front. We only earn a legal fee if you receive compensation for your injuries.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Sanitation Worker Truck Injury $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Woman Struck By Truck $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Handle Your Case With Confidence Work With Dansker & Aspromonte Today
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for help today. We serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.