If you suffered serious injuries in a trip and fall accident, you may be entitled to substantial financial compensation. A New York trip and fall injury lawyer from Dansker & Aspromonte Associates can investigate your claim and determine if your injuries were the result of the fault of another party.
Property owners must use reasonable care when maintaining their premises. Failure to protect others from harm or to warn them of potential dangers may equal negligence.
A trip or slip and fall accident can cause a wide variety of injuries ranging from mild to catastrophic. Some of the types of injuries we have handled for fall victims include damage to the brain leading to traumatic brain damage, broken bones, spine or spinal cord damage, disfiguring scarring, or other injury to the joints requiring surgery.
A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report concluded that death from traumatic brain-injuries (TBI) related to falls are on the rise. If you lost a loved one due to fall injuries (like a TBI), call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates now for a free case evaluation at (212) 732-2929.
Determining Liability for Your Trip and Fall Injury
Shopping in a store or having lunch with friends should not result in serious injuries due to property owner negligence. When you are walking on the sidewalk or on another’s property, you expect that the property is safe from harm.
Simply being injured in a fall does not guarantee that your claim will be successful. In order to have a strong case, New York law requires that the property owner, building tenant, management company or other responsible party:
- Have knowledge of the dangerous or unsafe condition that caused your injury before your fall
- Should have been aware of the condition if they properly inspected
- Caused the dangerous condition by their own actions
Examples of negligence than can create liability against another party for include:
- Cords stretched across the floor
- Stairs with damaged or non-existent handrails
- Parking lots with insufficient lighting
- Torn or uneven carpeting
- Damaged or snow or ice covered sidewalks, stairs or parking lots
- Wet floors caused by cleaning or spills
These are just a few examples of how a defectively maintained property can lead to a trip and fall. Serious injury can occur in a second and result in a possibly permanent injury. If this happened to you or to a loved one, a lawyer can help you fight for justice.
No one should suffer serious injuries due to a property owner who failed to maintain his or her property, make necessary repairs or who chose to save money by ignoring needed repairs.
Especially for those injuries which continue to require ongoing treatment, compensation for your current medical care and your future medical needs is essential. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates now for help with your trip and fall injury case at (212) 732-2929.
For a free legal consultation with a trip and fall injury lawyer serving New York, call (212) 732-2929
How a New York Trip and Fall Injury Lawyer Can Help You
Your trip and fall injuries require your full attention. Resting and avoiding as much stress as possible during this time is important for your recovery. A personal injury lawyer can help you by handling the details of your case on your behalf and building a strong claim for damages.
Once you retain our office, we will commence a thorough investigation of the facts and circumstances of your injury. The quality of this investigation can mean the difference between a successful or unsuccessful case. Since 1988 we have represented accident victims with a focus on careful and methodical investigation. The following list contains just a few examples of how our office may begin to build the foundation of your case:
- Obtain all police, accident or incident reports
- Interview all available witnesses
- Secure accident scene photographs or video footage, if available
- Gather all hospital, medical and treatment records
- Consult with engineers or architects regarding the defective condition
- Demand records of past incidents or complaints at the accident location
- Retain medical experts to give testimony about the permanency your injury
- Demand sworn statements from the other side about the defective condition
- Negotiate with the responsible party for a fair financial settlement
- Present your case to a jury at trial, if necessary
Knowing that someone is at work, protecting your best interests can afford you much-needed peace of mind during your recovery.
Be Wary of Offers to Quickly Settle Your Claim
After your accident, you may receive a call or visit from a representative from the other side seeking information about your accident or offering you a quick settlement for your injuries. It is important that you not speak to or accept such an offer until you consult with a lawyer. What may seem like a fair financial settlement to you is likely significantly lower that you truly deserve. Once you agree to accept such a settlement you may be forever barred from receiving additional money if your physical or economic condition worsens.
In order to avoid any risk to you, contact the experienced and dedicated lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates. We have been representing injury victims like you for decades. Let us get to work on your behalf today so that you receive the maximum compensation you deserve.
Recoverable Damages and Your Personal Injury Case
There is no way to predict the amount of compensation—if any—you may receive. Each personal injury case is different and your results may vary from others. Depending upon the specific facts and circumstances of your trip and fall injuries, you may be entitled to the following types of compensation:
- Pain and suffering, including the mental anguish caused by your traumatic—and preventable—accident
- Medical costs associated with your transport to the hospital, hospital fees, and doctors’ fees
- Ongoing medical costs associated with your injuries, such as rehabilitation and therapies
- Loss of income due to time away from work due to your recovery
- Diminished earning capacity if you are unable to return to the same job as before your fall
- Future pain and suffering damages if your injuries are permanent
- Future lost earnings and medical costs, if your injuries result are ongoing
If you experienced serious injuries due to a trip or slip and fall accident caused by the fault of another, fight for your right to fair compensation and justice. Seek legal representation today.
New York Trip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Are Here to Help You
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we take great pride in our history of helping trip and fall injury victims. From a sidewalk fall due to uncleared icy conditions causing ankle fractures to a trip and fall from a rain mat that resulted in a head injury, we have secured millions for accident victims.
If you experienced serious harm due to a trip and fall injury, you have legal options. A New York trip and fall injury lawyer can help you hold the negligent property owner accountable for your harm.
It is important that you contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates as soon as possible. The time to file your claim is limited. If you fail to begin your claim by the required deadline, you may be forever prevented from receiving the financial compensation you deserve.
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we proudly serve clients throughout the New York metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
If you or a close loved one experienced serious injuries in a trip and fall accident, call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today for a free case evaluation at (212) 732-2929. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only get paid a legal fee if you receive compensation.