Manhattan Broken or Uneven Stairs Lawyer
Property owners have a responsibility to ensure that their premises are safe, and this includes any stairs present on their property. Stairs that are improperly built, uneven, broken, or cracked could cause a slip and fall accident, resulting in serious injuries. The property owner will be financially liable for losses caused by defective and dangerous stairs.
If you or a loved one were injured by uneven or cracked stairs, then a Manhattan broken or uneven stairs lawyer will seek compensation on your behalf. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (646) 692-0204for a free consultation.
Stairways Should Be Safe
Stairs that are uneven, broken, or defective in other ways can present a false sense of safety to anybody that uses them. You may assume that stairs are even and structurally sound, only to find out that they are not when they cause you to fall and suffer serious injuries.
Some flaws in stairs that may cause you to suffer an injury include:
- Uneven stairs
- Cracked stairs
- Stairs that are structurally unsound
- Stairs without handrails
- Stairs made of a slippery material
- Stairs with loose tiling or carpeting
Stairwells may also require safety features like adequate lighting and handrails. Property owners who do not ensure the safety of their stairs could put those who enter their premises at risk of suffering a serious and potentially fatal injury.
Some ways that an injury may result from unsafe stairs include:
- Your foot slipping on loose tile or carpet
- Your foot slipping on a rounded or otherwise uneven stair edge
- Tripping on uneven stairs
- Tripping on a broken step
- Falling because stairs are too steep
- Your foot or leg penetrating a stair made of shoddy material
- Losing your balance because a stairwell has no handrail
These are only a few of the many possibilities for an injury that unsafe stairs pose. If you or a loved one has been injured on stairs, you may be entitled to compensation.
Possible Injuries from a Stair Accident
Injuries that come from uneven or otherwise unsafe stairs may be quite serious. Some possible injuries caused by slipping, tripping, or losing your balance because of defective stairs include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI), which the Mayo Clinic explains could be fatal
- Broken ankle
- Broken wrist
- Broken bones in your leg, hand, and arm
- Broken hip
- Spinal fractures or disc injuries
- Tears of ligaments or tendons or cartilage of the shoulder, knee, or ankle
Suffering these or other injuries resulting from a stair-related accident could have a substantial negative impact on your life. You may suffer physical, financial, and psychological consequences. However, you will be able to obtain compensation covering you for your accident-related damages if they were caused by the negligence of the property owner or another responsible party.
Calling the team for a Manhattan broken or uneven stairs lawyer could set you on a course to possible compensation. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (646) 692-0204 for more information regarding how we will protect your rights and aim to secure the best possible outcome for you and your loved ones.
For a free legal consultation with a broken or uneven stairs lawyer serving Manhattan, call (646) 692-0204.
A Property Owner May Be Liable for Your Losses
The New York Bar Association (NYSBA) details several cases that outline the responsibilities of property owners in New York. Cases including Basso v. Miller decided that property owners:
- Owe a duty of care to those who enter their property, and may be held responsible for losses suffered by those on their property
- Must protect those who enter their property from hazards that pose a foreseeable risk of harm
- Must keep their property in a safe condition at all times
This is the standard of care that property owners must meet and they can be held liable for injuries caused by the failure to maintain the property and stairway safety. In the case of unsafe stairs on a property, an owner can take several steps to prevent accidents and injuries.
Some steps that an owner might have taken to protect you or your loved one from injury include:
- Marking stairs off with tape, cones, or another means of telling you that the stairs were unsafe
- Repairing the defect in the stairs immediately
- Installing handrails
- Replacing broken or defective handrails
- Replacing the stairs if their defect was beyond repair
- Properly constructing and installing a safe stairway
If you were injured because of a defective stair or stairwell that was unsafe for any reason, then the property owner has failed to keep you safe.
You Can Obtain Compensation for Your Losses
If you choose to pursue a claim for damages, the lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte will investigate and document the facts of your case, initiate settlement discussions and bring your case to trial if a fair and just offer of compensation is not made. We will:
- Identify the legal concepts that make one or more parties responsible for your losses
- Calculate the value of your losses
- Document your accident and injuries
- Consult experts and witnesses to provide testimony for your lawsuit
- File your lawsuit
- Represent you during any court l appearances and depositions
- Negotiate a settlement or proceed to trial
Your lawyer will defend your rights and pursue the compensation that you deserve, which includes compensation for pain and suffering, medical costs, lost income, and any other damages you have suffered.
Manhattan Broken or Uneven Stairs Lawyer Near Me
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
Do not wait to call our office for a Manhattan broken or uneven stairs lawyer. Your case is subject to a statute of limitations. If you fail to timely make your claim you will lose your right to recover damages for your injuries.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (646) 692-0204 for a free consultation. We will fight for you to get the best possible outcome for your case.
Focused on Your Recovery
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
A four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, our client was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Wrongful Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when our client was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Our client was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Stay in the KnowRead Our Personal Injury Blog
When a New York Slip and Fall Injury Is Partly Your Own Fault
- Trip and Fall Injuries
Even YOU Could Slip and Fall: Navigating the Slippery Slope of a Slip and Fall Case
- Trip and Fall Injuries
Winter Walking & Injury Prevention: Tips to Avoid Slip & Fall Injuries
- Trip and Fall Injuries
What is a Premises Liability Case in New York?
- Trip and Fall Injuries
Handle Your Case With Confidence Work With Dansker & Aspromonte Today
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for help today. We serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.