New York Brain Hemorrhage Lawyer
Cleveland Clinic defines a brain hemorrhage as “bleeding between the skull and brain tissue, or of the brain tissue itself.” However, this medical description does little to describe the long-lasting and devastating effects that individuals with this condition may suffer.
While a brain hemorrhage can result from a non-traumatic event, it is often the result of a traumatic accident caused by the negligence of another party.
If you believe that your or a loved one’s injury was caused by negligence, let our New York brain hemorrhage injury lawyers explain your rights and legal options. We fight for injury victims just like you throughout the New York City metropolitan area, including Brooklyn, Manhattan, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, Nassau County, and Suffolk County.
Causes of a Brain Hemorrhage in New York Accidents
Many different kinds of traumatic events can cause a brain hemorrhage. A brain hemorrhage is usually the result of a traumatic blow to the head or rapid movement of the head. A few of the most common types of brain hemorrhage cases that we have handled include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Construction site incidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Slips, trips, falls, and other premises liability accidents
If someone else’s careless actions resulted in a brain hemorrhage for you or a loved one, you could pursue compensation for all losses you sustained. Our team can discuss the risk of traumatic brain injury in accidents that injure the head and how it could affect your compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a brain hemorrhage lawyer serving New York, call (646) 692-0204.
Types of Brain Hemorrhages New York Accident Victims Can Suffer
Cleveland Clinic notes that the effects, symptoms, severity, and potential outcome of a brain hemorrhage largely depend on the location and type of injury.
Some types of brain hemorrhages include:
- Epidural hemorrhage. This hemorrhage occurs between the skull bone and the outermost membrane layer.
- Subdural hemorrhage. This condition occurs outside of the brain itself.
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage. This hemorrhage occurs between the brain and the tissue covering the brain.
- Intracerebral hemorrhage. This condition occurs anywhere within the brain tissue, potentially affecting the brainstem.
- Intraventricular hemorrhage. This hemorrhage occurs in the brain cavities where they produce cerebrospinal fluid.
Brain injury cases may require extensive and prolonged medical treatment and rehabilitation. Required medical treatment can run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars. All medical expenses due to the fault of another may be recovered in a claim or lawsuit, including the cost of treatment, surgery, rehabilitation, assistive devices and residential care.
Symptoms of a Brain Hemorrhage Caused By a New York Accident
The symptoms that a person experiences after a brain hemorrhage depend on the type of bleeding in the brain that the individual suffered, the location of the injury, and its severity. The symptoms can vary greatly.
According to Cleveland Clinic, some symptoms that could indicate a brain hemorrhage include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sudden onset of seizures
- Severe headache
- Loss of coordination or difficulty walking
- Vision problems or difficulty controlling eye movements
- Paralysis, numbness, or tingling, especially in one region of the body
- Difficulty swallowing
- Sensitivity to light
- Slurred speech
If you or a loved one experiences any of these symptoms, especially after a traumatic event, be sure to seek medical assistance. Not only can prompt medical care save your life, but immediate care has been shown to improve the severity of the overall injury to your brain.
Potential Damages in Brain Hemorrhage Cases Our Firm Has Handled
The impact of a brain hemorrhage can vary from a catastrophic or fatal event to a mild inconvenience. Every case is unique and based upon the facts and circumstances of your incident.
After performing a thorough investigation of your case and determining that another party or party is responsible for your injuries, we can fight for fair and reasonable damages. The New York lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates will perform a careful evaluation of the full extent of your brain hemorrhage injuries, including your pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life, lost wages, medical expenses and other economic damages.
We will discuss your case with your treating doctors as well as consult with experts in the specific medical fields applicable to your injuries to understand how your injuries will affect you in the future.
We Will Negotiate a Settlement Based on Your Damages
Once this review is complete, we will negotiate with the other party or parties to obtain fair and just financial compensation for you. We prepare every case for trial before a jury. If the at-fault parties are not willing to pay the compensation you deserve, we will present the case to a jury at trial.
Typical damages you are entitled to receive if your injuries were the result of someone else’s fault may include:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Future pain and suffering if your injuries are found to be permanent
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Medical expenses, both past and anticipated
- Lost wages, both past and anticipated
- Reduced earning capacity
- Medications and medical equipment such as a wheelchair
- Any other out of pocket expenses caused by your injuries
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
As mentioned, you must prove the other party was negligent to recover damages. Your injury lawyer can help you complete this task by establishing that these four elements were present in your case:
- Duty of care: The other party had a duty to act reasonably
- Breach of duty: They violated this duty.
- Causation: Their actions were a substantial factor in causing the accident, which harmed you.
- Damages: The accident directly resulted in injuries which have led to medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering, among other hardships.
You can use the following to support each of these claims and build an effective case for compensation:
- Police or incident report
- Relevant photographs and video footage
- Testimonies from witnesses
- Related medical records
- Medical records
- Reports or testimony from accident reconstruction, medical or economic experts
How a New York Brain Hemorrhage Lawyer Could Help You
If you or a loved one suffered a brain hemorrhage because of someone else’s careless actions, the brain hemorrhage lawyers from Dansker & Aspromonte Associates are here to help. Don’t delay. An immediate investigation of your New York accident is essential to building the strongest case and preventing evidence from being lost.
If we agree to accept your case, we will begin to gather the proof necessary to fight for the best financial compensation for you and may include the following:
- Obtain all police, accident, or incident reports
- Interview all witnesses
- Secure site photographs and video footage, if available
- Promptly file necessary claims paperwork
- Demand sworn statements from the at-fault party or parties
- Consult with accident reconstruction experts
- Gather all hospital and medical treatment records
- Retain an expert to evaluate your injuries
Let us take care of fighting for you while you can concentrate on your own recovery. Call us today to discuss how we can get started working for you.
Our Track Record Speaks to Our Commitment to Our New York Injury Clients
When you hire the injury attorneys at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, you can expect us to go after the financial awards you deserve under the law.
While every case is unique, here are just a few of our past achievements:
- $31 million for a car accident victim who suffered severe brain injuries
- $10 million for a pedestrian who suffered brain injuries after getting hit by a truck
- $7.8 million for a pedestrian who suffered a head injury, including brain swelling and a brain bleed, after she was hit by a police motor scooter
- $5 million for a man who suffered a head injury and went into a coma due to an elevator shaft fall
These outcomes are just a handful of the settlements and verdicts we have secured for our clients. You can read more about them here.
Since 1988, we have recovered over $450 million dollars for injury victims just like you. Not all personal injuries are the same. We are committed to providing our clients with respect and compassion. We work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you do not pay our attorney’s fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf.
Our ultimate goal is to recover the greatest amount of compensation for you and your loved ones, even if it means fighting for your rights in court. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today to learn more about how we can help.
Applicable Filing Deadlines for Brain Hemorrhage Injury Cases in New York
New York State places time restrictions on personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. In general:
- According to CVP § 214, the state generally gives you three years to file a personal injury lawsuit. In cases against municipalities, government agencies or The State of New York this time limit is much shorter.
- EPT § 5-4.1 affirms that you have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit if you lost your family member to a brain hemorrhage injury.
These deadlines can change based on the circumstances of your case, but your injury lawyer can help you determine which one applies to you. It’s important not to wait to take action, as the court may dismiss your lawsuit and you would not recover the money you deserve.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Sanitation Worker Truck Injury $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Woman Struck By Truck $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Handle Your Case With Confidence Work With Dansker & Aspromonte Today
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for help today. We serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.