Queens Car Accident Attorneys
If you have been seriously injured in a car accident in Queens that was the fault of another, speak to an experienced and dedicated lawyer to fight for you. The sooner you contact a lawyer, the sooner they can begin to investigate the accident, gather and secure evidence, and build a strong claim on your behalf.
There are also deadlines that require quick action on your behalf. If you fail to file your claim by the deadline, you could be forever prevented from recovering the money you deserve.
Without an experienced car accident injury lawyer, you risk not receiving all of the compensation you deserve. For a free legal consultation, call (646) 692-0204.
Why You Need a Lawyer After a Car Accident
After a car accident, contact a skilled auto accident law firm for a professional claim evaluation. Our auto accident attorneys in Queens help victims:
- File all claims in a timely manner
- Guide you through the legal process
- Collect all accident and incident reports
- Secure scene photographs and interview witnesses
- Gather all medical and treatment records
- Retain experts in accident reconstruction to prove the other party’s fault
- Consult with medical experts to determine the full extent of your injuries
- Evaluate the full value of your injuries, past and future medical expenses and lost wages
Common Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents in Queens
The New York Post reports traffic fatalities doubled in 2020 throughout NYC, with 70 drivers dying in motor vehicle collisions. The most common causes of vehicle accidents in Queens are:
- Distracted driving
- Inexperience (new drivers)
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Reckless and aggressive driving (such as cutting off vehicles in other lanes)
Common Injuries in Vehicle Collisions
Motor vehicle injuries fall into two categories: penetrating and impact injuries. Penetrating injuries occur from objects moving inside the vehicle, such as pieces of shattered glass puncturing the skin. Impact injuries occur when a passenger’s body hits the car’s interior, like when a victim gets a concussion from smashing his head against a seat.
Injuries that most often occur due to an auto accident include:
- Broken arms, legs, and ribs
- Spinal cord injuries and spinal disc dysfunction
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions
- Joint disruption
- Internal injuries
The type and severity of injuries will vary depending on:
- If the injured party was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash
- If and when the vehicle deployed safety features (like airbags)
- Where the car was struck (such as a head-on collision vs. a rear-end crash)
- The speed at which the collision occurred
Damages Available to Car Crash Victims
New York’s Serious Injury Threshold states that an accident victim must demonstrate that the collision caused “serious” personal injuries. “Serious” injuries include:
- The death of a driver or passenger
- Significant disfigurement
- Loss of a fetus
- Permanent loss of use of an organ or body system
- Significant or permanent body function limitations
- Non-permanent medical impairments that prevent the victim from performing daily functions for more than 90 days
If your injuries do not meet these qualifications, you may not receive compensation. A well-versed car accident lawyer will seek to demonstrate proof of “serious” injuries and pain and suffering in order to obtain a fair settlement for you. Even if you are not sure whether your injuries meet the serious injury threshold you should still consult with an experienced attorney. In many instances, even an injury that at first does not appear to meet the threshold ultimately does.
What Damages Will an Accident Attorney Seek?
A Queens accident attorney helps you recover financial compensation for your serious injuries that were incurred as a result of the fault of another. Depending upon the facts of your case, you may be entitled to recover for the following types of damages:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Future pain and suffering if your injuries are deemed permanent
- Lost wages and benefits
- Loss of guidance and support
- Loss of services in the home
- Medical expenses
- Any out-of-pocket expenses incurred as a result of your injuries
Review Your Case with Our Queens Car Accident Lawyers
If you or someone you love was a victim in an auto collision in Queens, NY, a dependable law firm is only one phone call away. You can get a free consultation with a lawyer at Dansker & Aspromonte to determine if you have a valid claim. We have been fighting for injury victims in the New York City area since 1988.
Call us to discuss your claim and rest assured that we will help you recover the maximum compensation you deserve. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be asked to pay any money upfront. We only collect a legal fee when you recover compensation.
Call or text (646) 692-0204 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation today.
Focused on Your Recovery
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Wrongul Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Handle Your Case With Confidence Work With Dansker & Aspromonte Today
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for help today. We serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.