Queens Passenger Vehicle Accident Lawyer
Passenger fatalities accounted for 63% of the 36,560 motor vehicle accident-related deaths in 2018, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Many of these individuals suffered harm because of the careless actions of other motorists, including speeding, distracted driving, drinking and driving, and failure to obey traffic laws.
If you or a loved one was injured in a motor vehicle accident, a Queens passenger vehicle accident lawyer from Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates is here to help. We represent clients throughout the New York City metropolitan area, including Queens, the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and Suffolk and Nassau Counties. We have an office across the street from the World Trade Center.
You can speak to a member of our team and learn more about filing a claim by dialing (646) 692-0204.
Examples of Injuries in Passenger Vehicle Accidents
In Chapter 3 of the Transportation Research Board report “Improving the Compatibility of Vehicles and Roadside Safety Hardware,” the author notes that the size and weight of two cars in a collision will factor into the severity of the accident. Passenger vehicles weigh less than other types of vehicles on the road, such as trucks.
In the event of an accident, passenger vehicle occupants are at risk of sustaining serious injuries, including:
- Spinal cord trauma. Upon impact, a passenger vehicle occupant can suffer from spinal cord trauma, which can impair their range of motion and mobility. Spinal cord trauma can also result in herniated disks or paralysis and require surgical repairs, such as a spinal fusion or laminectomy.
- Traumatic brain injuries. If the collision forced you to hit your head against a hard surface, you may have suffered a traumatic brain injury, which may result in long-term complications, decreased brain function, and a lowered quality of life.
- Fractured bones. You may suffer fractures to numerous parts of the body, including the skull, hips, legs, ankles, arms, or wrists. Surgery may be required
- Joint trauma. As a result of a motor vehicle accident, you may suffer trauma to joints such as your knees, shoulders, ankles, and wrists which often result in injuries involving the ligaments, tendons, and cartilage. You may need surgery to repair the damage and require the help of assistive devices like braces or crutches while you recover.
Although you may have suffered different injuries or impairments than those we have included above, you can still be entitled to recover monetary compensation for your damages.
Possible Damages in Passenger Vehicle Accidents
If you were a passenger injured in a motor vehicle accident, you may be eligible to recover compensation for the damages you suffered. You and your car accident lawyer will work together to calculate the value of your accident-related damages and expenses.
You may be able to recover for your:
- Pain and suffering. Passenger vehicle accidents can lead to significant physical and mental pain and suffering. Tasks that used to be routine may now be troublesome. You may be able to recover compensation for your hardship.
- Medical expenses. You may be able to recover compensation for emergency transportation services, hospitalization, emergency treatment, surgery, prescription costs, and follow-up care. You may also be able to recover compensation for the medical treatment that it is anticipated you will require in the future.
- Lost wages. If you lost time from work or are unable to return to work due to your injuries, you may be able to recover compensation for lost wages and earning capacity.
You may be able to recover for other damages and losses you sustained as a result of the motor vehicle accident. To learn more about what damages you may be eligible to recover, call Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates at (646) 692-0204.
How a Queens Passenger Vehicle Accident Lawyer Can Help
When you partner with our legal team, we will fight for the best possible outcome for your personal injury case.
When you work with a Queens passenger vehicle accident lawyer, they will:
Investigate Your Case
Our team will quickly get to work on your case to determine the factors that caused your accident. While investigating a case on behalf of a 6-year-old girl, we were able to show that the operator of an ambulance was speeding and a jury awarded $6.6 Million in damages.
Identify of All Liable Parties
In some accidents, liability may extend beyond the driver involved in the accident. A lawyer from our law firm can determine which parties bear responsibility for your injuries. In a case where a jury awarded $31 million, we were able to hold the New York City Transit Authority and a negligent driver accountable for our client’s injuries. If multiple parties are responsible for your accident, injuries, and financial losses, we will work diligently to hold each of them liable.
Provide Legal Representation at Trial
Our ultimate goal is to get the best possible recovery for you and your family. If that means taking your case to trial, we will do so. We did just that for a bicycle delivery man when we obtained a jury verdict of $6.25 Million for his injuries.
If you or a loved one were injured in a motor vehicle accident, Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates is here to help you with all aspects of your case. A Queens passenger vehicle accident lawyer will investigate your case and fight to get the best possible outcome for you. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, so you are not responsible for our attorney’s fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Contact us at (646) 692-0204 to get started.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
A four-year-old boy was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Wrongful Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when our client was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Our client was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.