Queens Taxicab Accident Lawyer
Car accidents can have devastating consequences that include physical injuries that cause you ongoing pain and suffering as well as economic damages. If your injuries are serious, you could be entitled to substantial financial compensation to help you pay your bills and support your family. If a taxi driver was at fault for causing you serious physical injuries, the law permits you to demand fair and just financial compensation. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (646) 692-0204. Our Queens taxicab accident lawyers can fight for your rights and the money you deserve.
Car Accident Injuries Are All Too Common
Car accidents fatalities in urban areas like New York City have increased in recent years, according to data gathered by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Over 19,000 people died in urban motor vehicle accidents every year from 2016 to 2018.
Even nonfatal accidents can have catastrophic results. Of the nearly 300,000 car crashes that occurred in New York state in 2014, over 118,000 involved a nonfatal injury. This information was reported by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in their 2014 Crash Summary. In order to claim damages for your personal injuries however, New York law requires that your injuries are deemed “serious” which is defined as a broken bone, loss of a limb, death, significant loss of use of a body party or organ, permanent consequential limitation of a body part or an injury which results in an inability to perform substantially all of your usual daily activities for 90 out of the next 180 following the accident.
If you were in an accident, get medical help for yourself and the loved ones you were traveling with as soon as possible. This will not only ensure your injuries receive prompt, potentially lifesaving treatment—but it will also create a record of your injuries and help to prove that your injuries are serious. Medical records can serve as evidence during a lawsuit, should you decide to file one. Other things you should do immediately after your accident include calling the police to the scene, collecting names and addresses of any witnesses to the accident, taking photographs of the scene and any vehicle damage, refraining from speaking with representatives of the at fault party and consulting with an experienced lawyer immediately.
If a Negligent Taxi Driver Causes Serious Injuries You Are Entitled to Claim Compensatory Damages
New York law permits a seriously injured victim of taxi driver negligence to claim “compensatory damages” which is money paid to accident victims as compensation for physical, emotional, or financial losses. In personal injury cases, they are broken down into two distinct categories: economic and non-economic.
You can sue for economic damages if you experienced any out of pocket monetary harm because of the accident. Examples of such harm include:
- Lost wages. You need money to pay your bills and support your family. Having to stay home and let your injury heal caused you financial stress.
- Reduced earning capacity. You will never be able to work or earn as much as you did before your injury.
- Medical expenses. You needed emergency treatment—like surgery or a hospital stay, or long-term care—like physical therapy or home nursing.
- Other out of pocket expenses. Any other money you paid out of your own pocket for expenses related to your injuries such as transportation, modifications in your own, medical equipment, etc. may be claimed
Non-economic damages are less concrete than economic damages. They encompass physical and psychological harm caused by the accident, such as:
- Pain and suffering. Your injury is, was, or will always be physically painful. You may also sue for emotional anguish, if the accident or your injury was very upsetting or caused you psychological distress.
- Reduced quality of life. The lifestyle you once took for granted is now out of your reach. You cannot perform all of the activities you used to. In especially serious cases, you cannot live independently at all.
- Disability. Your injuries have permanently affected your physical or mental abilities. This may include the total or partial loss of a limb, a sense (e.g., sight or hearing), or an organ.
- Loss of companionship. In wrongful death cases, you have been deprived of your loved one’s support and affection. You can sue for that loss.
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has been representing accident victims since 1988. This is all we do. Whether you were a driver, a pedestrian, or a passenger seriously injured in a taxi accident, our lawyers are here to fight for you so you can focus on getting better.
Every case is unique and based upon the particular facts and circumstances presented. In some cases, the amount of compensation awarded can be substantial. In Michele W. v. Star, we won millions for the family of a young girl who was injured in a motor vehicle accident. Call us at (646) 692-0204 to learn what our injury lawyers can do for you.
Queens Taxicab Accident Lawyer Near Me
Even if you are not sure whether you have the right to bring a claim after a taxi accident, you should contact our experienced and dedicated lawyers. Don’t delay since there are deadlines that limit your right to bring a claim for benefits and compensation. If you fail to file your claims within the deadline, you may be forever barred from receiving the benefits and compensation you deserve.
The sooner you contact our lawyers, the sooner we can begin to investigate the circumstances of your accident, secure evidence, file claims in a timely manner on your behalf and build a strong claim for you.
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has decades of experience fighting for accident victims like you. We offer a free case evaluation and if we accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only earn a legal fee unless you receive compensation.
If we agree to accept your case, we will conduct a careful and thorough investigation that builds a strong claim for you. Some of the actions we may perform include:
- Obtaining all police or incident reports
- Securing video footage of the incident, if available
- Interviewing witnesses to the accident
- Consulting with accident reconstruction experts
- Demanding sworn statements from the at fault driver or drivers
- Collecting all hospital and medical records
- Evaluating lost wages and other economic losses
- Retaining a medical expert to give opinions as to the permanency of your injuries
- Preparing your case for trial before a jury
If you sustained serious injuries as a result of someone else’s fault, our lawyers are here to help you even if you are not sure you qualify for compensation. Don’t delay. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates.at (646) 692-0204.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Sanitation Worker Truck Injury $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Woman Struck By Truck $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Smoke Inhalation $8 Million
Dansker & Aspromonte represented 60 tenants in the infamous Schomburg Plaza fire. A fire started in a jammed compactor chute on the 20th floor of the high-rise apartment building.
Head Injury $7.8 Million
This female accountant was walking after work in Battery Park on the pedestrian promenade when she was suddenly struck by a speeding police motor scooter.
Serious Injuries $6.6 Million
This case involved a 6-year-old girl who was in a minivan that was struck by an ambulance in a multi-car collision on the Northern State Parkway in Long Island, New York.
Serious Injuries $6.25 Million
A 26-year-old bicycle deliveryman was struck by a speeding Dollar Rent-A-Car van on a busy intersection, causing multiple fractures in his neck, back, arm and leg, as well as mild brain damage.
Handle Your Case With Confidence Work With Dansker & Aspromonte Today
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for help today. We serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.