Queens Unsafe Lane Change Accident Lawyer
Every action that a motorist takes must be done with reasonable care. Changing lanes requires the same level of caution as all other actions. Before and during lane changes, a motorist should:
- Ensure they are maintaining a safe speed
- Check rearview and side mirrors
- Properly signal the intention to change lanes
- Turn their head safely in order to check blindspots
- Change lanes in a prompt, controlled manner
- Ensure a safe distance from the vehicle in front of them once they enter their new lane
Motorists who do not follow these steps, or otherwise engage in a dangerous changing of lanes, may cause an accident resulting in injuries. Call Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates today at (646) 692-0204 if you or a loved one was the victim of a motorist’s unsafe lane change. A Queens unsafe lane change accident lawyer may help you seek compensation for your injuries and losses.
How Lane Change Accidents Happen
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) studied the causes of lane change accidents. It found several potential causes of lane change accidents, including:
- Drivers failing to check their side mirrors before changing lanes
- Drivers generally failing to scan their surroundings before changing lanes
- Drivers not using their turn signal at all before changing lanes, or initiating their turn signal too late before changing lanes
- Drivers changing lanes too quickly, which may generally not give other vehicles time to brake or swerve when a dangerous lane change maneuver happens
There may be other contributing factors to lane change accidents. In some instances, a driver may drift out of their lane unintentionally because they are drunk, under the influence of drugs, driving while drowsy, or distracted.
Issues of liability may be far different from one accident to another and may be directly affected by the specific details of how your accident happened.
A Lawyer Will Establish Who Caused Your Accident
When seeking compensation after an unsafe lane change accident, it is vital that your lawyer determine who is at fault for your accident. They may start by determining why the motorist who merged or veered into your lane did so, and whether they are ultimately the one with responsibility for your accident.
All motorists have a duty of care, which the Legal Information Institute (LII) explains compels drivers to act as a reasonable person would while behind the wheel. While it may appear that a motorist merging into your lane is primarily at fault for your losses, there may be other circumstances that affect liability.
For instance, one or more motorists or even non-motorists could be responsible for your accident if:
- A loose object that fell from a third vehicle led the motorist who struck you to swerve into your lane
- Road conditions (such as potholes or dangerously-positioned work crews) caused the motorist who struck you to enter your lane
- Some type of malfunction, such as a faulty tire, was the reason for the striking vehicle to enter your lane
Every unsafe lane change must be considered as an individual event, as every detail of your accident may be important. A Queens unsafe lane change accident lawyer will gather and analyze the facts of your accident and determine who is responsible for your injuries and resulting losses.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates today at (646) 692-0204 for more information about how our injury lawyers will fight for the best possible outcome for you or your loved one.
Accidents Can Cause Serious Injuries
You could be seeking compensation after a Queens car accident because you or a loved one have suffered one or more serious injuries. Such injuries are one possible outcome of an unsafe lane change, and harm to your health could cause you to experience continued hardship.
You may suffer broken bones, traumatic brain injury (TBI), spinal cord injuries, severe lacerations, internal bleeding, damage to organs, or any number of other injuries due to a motorist’s unsafe lane change. Suffering these or other injuries could:
- Cause significant pain and suffering
- Cause changes in your cognitive and physical abilities
- Cause you to miss a substantial period of work
- Cause you to lose income
- Cause permanent disability
- Result in disfiguring scarring and changes to your appearance
- Lead to significant healthcare costs
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) noted in 2016 that car accidents can cost as much as $44 billion in lost productivity and medical costs in a single year. You may know firsthand the great cost that a car accident can impose. However, you may be able to recover fair compensation for your damages and losses with the help of your legal team at Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates.
Our Team Will Pursue Justice for You
If you have suffered injuries and losses from an unsafe lane change accident in Queens, your legal team at Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates will help you seek justice and monetary compensation. We will file a claim against the responsible parties and their insurance companies and pursue a lawsuit on your behalf.
We will discuss your options in regard to negotiating a fair and just settlement and your rights to proceed to trial. Considerations may include:
- The amount of applicable insurance coverage
- The value of your accident-related injuries and losses
- The level of limitations or disability that your injuries have caused you
- Whether the insurance companies have made a fair settlement offer
Your lawyer will gather evidence, hire experts, calculate the value of your losses, document your injuries, and handle the administrative aspects of your lawsuit. They will also defend your rights and respond to your lawsuit- and claim-related questions.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now.
Hiring a Queens unsafe lane change accident lawyer will allow you to focus on your health and physical recovery or the grieving process if you have lost a loved one.
Call Dansker & Aspromonte LLP Associates today at (646) 692-0204 for a free consultation. We have been representing injured people for over 100 years. Our goal is to protect your rights and secure the best possible outcome for you and your loved ones.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
A four-year-old boy was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Wrongful Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when our client was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Our client was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.