Queens Wrong-Way Accident Lawyer
Driving the wrong way on a road can have disastrous consequences to innocent victims. If you sustained serious injuries caused by a driver who was careless or reckless by driving the wrong way, you are entitled to demand fair and reasonable financial damages for each and every type of injury you sustained- both physical and economic.
New York is a “no-fault” insurance state. That means that while accident victims in New York are entitled to certain benefits for medical bills, lost wages and other expenses regardless of who was at fault, you cannot seek money damages for your physical and emotional injuries unless you can show that your injuries are “serious” in nature. What constitutes a serious injury is set forth in the New York Insurance Law and includes such injuries as:
- A broken bone
- The loss of a limb
- Disfiguring scars
- Significant limitation of use of a part of your body
- Permanent consequential disability
- Inability to perform substantially all of your usual activities for at least 90 out of the 180 immediately following your accident
Even though the no-fault law identifies the above types of injuries that meet the threshold requirements, whether your injuries can be fit within these legal requirements is often a matter of dispute. If you have been injured by someone else’s fault, you need to retain lawyers who have experience fighting to ensure that your injuries meet the serious injury threshold requirements.The lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte have decades of experience building car accident cases that meet this threshold. Call us today at (646) 692-0204 to find out how we can fight for you. We offer a free consultation.
Don’t delay however. There are deadlines that limit your ability to receive benefits and compensation. If you fail to bring your claims within these deadlines you may be forever barred from receiving the benefits and compensation you are entitled to. The sooner you contact the team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, the sooner we can begin the investigation into the facts and circumstances of your injuries, secure evidence, and build a strong claim for maximum compensation. Let us fight for you so that you can focus on your own recovery.
Follow This Simple Advice After A Car Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident, the actions you take immediately afterward can have a significant impact on the strength of your claim. Follow this simple advice:
- Call the police
- Request that an accident or incident report be completed
- Request medical attention at the scene
- Collect the names and contact information of all witnesses
- Take photographs of the scene or vehicles, if possible
- Seek medical attention for all medical issues
- Do not speak to representatives of the at fault party
- Do not post on social media about the accident or your injuries
- Keep receipts for all out of pocket expenses
- Contact the qualified and experienced lawyers at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates
For a free legal consultation with a wrong-way accidents lawyer serving Queens, call (646) 692-0204.
Our Lawyers Will Build a Strong Case for You
In every personal injury case involving a motor vehicle accident in New York, your lawyers will need to prove that the other side was at fault for causing the accident in whole or in part; that you sustained physical injuries as a result of this fault and that your injuries are “serious” under New York laws.
Every case is unique and based upon the facts and evidence available. If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, our lawyers will carefully and thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your accident in order to prove that the other side was responsible. In many instances, the difference between a strong claim and a weak one is the quality of the investigation that is performed by your lawyers. At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates we have built our practice and reputation emphasizing investigation as the key to building a strong and successful claim. Our typical investigation may include:
- Obtaining all police and accident reports
- Securing photographs of the scene, vehicle damage and video footage, if available
- Interviewing witnesses
- Consulting with accident reconstruction experts
- Demanding sworn statements from all at fault parties
- Conducting a site visit
- Requesting all hospital and medical records
- Retaining medical experts to prove the permanent effects of your injuries
- Collecting prove of lost wages or other economic damages
- Preparing your case for trial before a jury, if necessary
Queens Wrong-Way Accident Lawyer Near Me
You May Be Entitled to Substantial Compensation
If the evidence proves that you were seriously injured as the result of someone else’s fault, our lawyers will fight for you to receive the fair and just compensation that you deserve for each and every type of damage you sustained. While every case is unique, you may be entitled to financial compensation for the following types of damages:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Future pain and suffering, if your injuries are deemed permanent
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Unpaid lost wages
- Future lost wages and other post employment benefits
- Unpaid hospital and medical bills
- Loss of services around the home
- Diminished marital relationship
- Any other out of pocket expenses due to your injuries
- Funeral bills and other burial expenses, in the event of death
- Loss of companionship and guidance, in the event of death
To learn more about the types of compensation you may be eligible for after a car accident, call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (646) 692-0204 We are ready to fight for you. Our consultation is free and if we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money up front. We only earn a legal fee unless you receive compensation.
Focused on Your Recovery
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Wrongul Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Handle Your Case With Confidence Work With Dansker & Aspromonte Today
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for help today. We serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.