Brooklyn Fractures Lawyer
While many people suffer one or more broken bones during their lifetime, this type of injury can be very painful and result in months of ongoing care and chronic pain that may even require surgery. If someone’s negligence caused your bone fracture, you may be entitled to financial compensation for the damages you sustained.
Since 1988, Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has been committed to representing injury victims throughout the greater New York City metropolitan area, including Brooklyn, Manhattan, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, Nassau County, and Suffolk County. Our goal is to ensure that our clients receive the fair and just compensation that they deserve for each and every aspect of their damages. We look forward to fighting for you, too.
A Brooklyn fractures lawyer from our team can explain your rights and legal options. Contact us today at (646) 692-0204 for your free case review.
What Are the Common Causes of Fractures?
There are several common causes of fractures, including:
Falls are the second-most common cause for accidental fatal injuries, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). Additionally, approximately 10% of falls result in a fracture, according to Current Osteoporosis Reports. When a person falls from several stories or even slips and falls, he or she may break a hip or other bone in the body.
Pedestrian and Cycling Accidents
Pedestrians and cyclists who are hit by a motor vehicle often suffer fractures and other serious injuries due to the lack of protection against heavy metal machines, otherwise known as vehicles.
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we have represented many clients who have been injured in pedestrian or cycling accidents caused by another party’s negligence, including:
- A 25-year-old female accountant who was walking in Battery Park after work was hit by a speeding police motor scooter. She sustained multiple skull fractures and suffered from severe head trauma that resulted in the loss of her executive functioning ability, extreme vertigo, and impaired memory. We were able to win a verdict for our client of $6.3 million, which withstood two appeals.
- A 55-year-old housekeeper was walking in a crosswalk when a speeding school bus struck her. She suffered several fractures, including in her arms, legs, pelvis, and vertebrae. We were able to settle her claim for $2.8 million.
- A 26-year-old bike delivery man was hit by a speeding van. He suffered fractures in his arm, leg, neck, and back. We won a $6.25 million verdict for him.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Fractures are common in motor vehicle accidents because the force of the impact is often enough to project vehicle occupants into hard surfaces in the vehicle, such as the steering wheel, dashboard, or door. We successfully obtained a verdict of $6.3 million for a young passenger who sustained fractures of her hip and leg in a multi-vehicle collision as well as $1 million for a 19-year-old college student who was a passenger in a vehicle where the driver suddenly lost control of the vehicle and hit a barrier. She suffered a fractured pelvis and bulging lumbar discs that required surgery to repair.
Construction work is often dangerous, which is why it is associated with the highest number of workplace fatalities and injuries, according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we fight to hold contractors and property owners responsible for not maintaining a safe work site. We have represented multiple clients and recovered millions of dollars in construction accident cases.
One case we successfully pursued involved a 50-year-old construction worker who fell through a hole in the floor under construction. He suffered small fractures in his spine. We were able to recover $1.3 million on his behalf.
In another construction accident case, we were able to obtain a verdict of $2.25 million on behalf of a 46-year-old carpenter who fell from a ladder at work and suffered fractures in his knee and face.
We also represented an immigrant worker who fell 30 feet from scaffolding onto the concrete ground. He suffered fractures in his skull, neck, and back. We recovered $3.5 million on his behalf after proving the company he worked for failed to provide him with a necessary safety line.
Other Causes of Fractures
Other common causes of fractures include:
If your injury was caused by any of the types of accidents described above, a Brooklyn fractures lawyer from our team may be able to help you pursue compensation for the damages you suffered, including your:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Future pain and suffering
- Future medical care
- Mental anguish
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Any other out of pocket expenses resulting from your injuries
Types of Fractures
Stanford Health Care groups fractures into the following categories:
- Transverse: this type of fracture involves a straight break across the bone.
- Comminuted: this fracture involves a break in at least three different pieces.
- Segmental: this fracture involves a break in the same bone in two places.
- Compression: this is a fracture caused by crushing.
- Oblique: this fracture involves a diagonal break across the bone.
- Spiral: this fracture is common in twisting injuries as it involves a spiraling break that goes around the bone.
- Greenstick: this is an incomplete fracture in which the bone is not completely separated like in a complete fracture.
If you have suffered any of these types of fractures because of another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to substantial financial compensation. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (646) 692-0204.
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
If you or a loved one sustained a fracture due to someone else’s negligence, a Brooklyn fractures lawyer from Dansker & Aspromonte Associates is ready to help. Our legal representation has resulted in more than $450 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients. We will fight for you, too, to get the best outcome possible. If we agree to accept your case you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only earn a legal fee if you receive compensation.
Call us today at (646) 692-0204 to begin taking the steps to protect your claim. Don’t delay. Your time to file a claim is limited and if you fail to file by the deadline you may be forever barred from receiving the compensation you deserve.
The treatment you receive for your fracture injury will depend on several factors, including your age, the location of the fracture, the severity of the fracture, and your overall health. Treatment may include one or more of the following:
- A splint or cast to immobilize the injured area
- Traction in which force is applied to stretch a part of the body
- Closed reduction to move the bone into proper alignment without open surgery
- Open reduction surgery to fix the bone into place with surgical hardware
- External fixation to maintain bone alignment
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation to strengthen the bone or build strength
Our firm is committed to helping you recover compensation for every aspect of the damages you suffered including your pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, and other damages as a result of your fracture.
Contact our firm to find out how we can help.
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Sanitation Worker Truck Injury $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Woman Struck By Truck $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Smoke Inhalation $8 Million
Dansker & Aspromonte represented 60 tenants in the infamous Schomburg Plaza fire. A fire started in a jammed compactor chute on the 20th floor of the high-rise apartment building.
Head Injury $7.8 Million
This female accountant was walking after work in Battery Park on the pedestrian promenade when she was suddenly struck by a speeding police motor scooter.
Serious Injuries $6.6 Million
This case involved a 6-year-old girl who was in a minivan that was struck by an ambulance in a multi-car collision on the Northern State Parkway in Long Island, New York.
Serious Injuries $6.25 Million
A 26-year-old bicycle deliveryman was struck by a speeding Dollar Rent-A-Car van on a busy intersection, causing multiple fractures in his neck, back, arm and leg, as well as mild brain damage.