Brooklyn Slip and Fall Lawyers
The busy lives of Brooklynites going about daily activities, work, and school can lead to accidents and injuries. These accidents can take place on anyone’s premises, whether it is a local shop or business, a neighboring homeowner, or in or around government facilities. All of these business owners, landlords, local government officials, and other property owners or managers need to keep their premises safe for visitors and guests. If they do not, their negligence can result in severe or even life-threatening injuries to others.
If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident in Brooklyn, you may have grounds for a personal injury claim against the property owner or his or her insurer. At Dansker & Aspromonte, our team of experienced attorneys has been providing trusted legal help to New Yorkers since 1986. Through dedicated work and skill on behalf of our clients, we have recovered millions in settlements and verdicts for injury victims. We are committed to upholding your rights when injured by the negligence of others and seeking compensation that reflects the full extent of what you have suffered and lost.
Book your appointment to speak with a Brooklyn slip and fall attorney in a free consultation. Contact Dansker & Aspromonte at (646) 692-0204.
Property Owner Responsibility in Accident Prevention
Under premises liability law, property owners, landlords, and managers owe a duty of care to guests and visitors for a reasonably safe space in which accidents are prevented.
This means these owners and managers should:
- Routinely inspect their property for trip and safety hazards
- Provide signage to alert others of hazardous conditions
- Clean spills and puddles in a timely fashion
- Provide essential safety equipment in areas where tripping is common (like handrails on a staircase)
- Alert people on the property about changes in elevation
- Keep walkways and aisles free of debris and clutter
- Keep landscaping trimmed so that pathways and walkways can be easily seen
- Ensure hallways, aisles, corridors, stairways, and stairwells are properly lit
- Ensure elevators and escalators are properly maintained and serviced
- Ensure properties are up to standard building codes and regulations
Failure to implement safety precautions resulting in preventable accidents can lead to property owner liability in civil claims and lawsuits.
Our team will evaluate your case and determine who is at fault for your injuries, whether they are private citizens, public building owners or managers, business owners, or local government agencies.
Your Potential Damages in a Brooklyn Slip & Fall Accident
Slip and fall injuries can range from minor to catastrophic, including broken bones, sprains, concussions, traumatic brain injuries, and even spinal cord injuries. The extent of your injuries will determine the type and amount of damages you may recover. These can include both economic damages (those represented by bills, receipts, and invoices) and those without a set monetary value, such as emotional distress.
Damages can include:
- Pain and suffering
- The loss of enjoyment of life
- Medical bills
- Lost wages or loss of future income and benefits
- Rehabilitation and future medical expenses
- Emotional distress
- Wrongful death
When our team handles your claim, you can trust that we will do whatever it takes to secure maximum compensation for your injuries. However, if an insurance company fails to cooperate, our seasoned trial lawyers are prepared to take your claim to trial.
Our Process for Your Financial Recovery
Handling personal injury claims is time-consuming and often complicated work involving many details. When injured, you may not have the physical or mental ability to engage in this process. You may also have little understanding of how to fully value your losses and damages, especially those without tangible receipts. You should never rely on or accept what an insurance company tells you your case is worth. These companies work every angle to pay you as little as possible or even deny your claim. With an experienced attorney on board, your chances of securing full and fair compensation are increased.
We do the following in helping you with Brooklyn slip and fall claims:
- Conduct a free consultation: We perform case assessments in person, virtually, or over the phone, whichever works best for you.
- Collect evidence to build a strong case: We gather photographs, video footage, witness statements, public records, and any other articles that prove how another person’s negligence caused your injuries.
- File your accident claim: We file claims quickly to adhere to New York’s statutes of limitation for personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits.
- Conduct fieldwork: Our attorneys spearhead investigations and consult with experts to assess your damages and determine your settlement value.
- Negotiate your compensation: We negotiate a settlement with the liable party or their insurance company and hold them responsible for submitting the settlement payment in a timely fashion.
- Defend your rights: If the insurance company refuses to make a fair settlement offer, we prove how your injuries warrant a larger financial recovery.
- Represent you during a trial: We prepare you for your testimony and present evidence on your behalf during a trial to ensure you receive the compensation that you deserve.
Avoid Losing Your Right to Compensation
The worst thing you can do after a slip and fall or trip and fall accident in Brooklyn is put off filing a claim. The New York statute of limitations places limits on the time within which you can make a claim or bring a lawsuit. That means if your accident already occurred, you should contact an experienced attorney immediately to determine the applicable statute of limitations deadline and any other deadlines that may exist.
If you miss your deadline, you may be prevented from obtaining any compensation under the law. To avoid these types of problems, consult with a qualified Brooklyn accident attorney as soon as possible.
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Serving Brooklyn
Our team of dedicated Brooklyn slip and fall lawyers makes your slip and fall injury our top priority. We ensure that everything gets filed on time and work to build a compelling case. By retaining us, it allows you to focus on restoring your health. It also gives you the decided advantage of skilled and professional advocacy against efforts from the other side to deny responsibility or diminish your financial recovery.
Contact a Brooklyn slip and fall lawyer at (646) 692-0204 today.
Focused on Your Recovery
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Wrongul Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Stay in the Know Read Our Personal Injury Blog
When a New York Slip and Fall Injury Is Partly Your Own Fault
- Trip and Fall Injuries
Even YOU Could Slip and Fall: Navigating the Slippery Slope of a Slip and Fall Case
- Trip and Fall Injuries
Winter Walking & Injury Prevention: Tips to Avoid Slip & Fall Injuries
- Trip and Fall Injuries
What is a Premises Liability Case in New York?
- Trip and Fall Injuries