Queens Negligent Security Lawyers
Few things are more traumatic than being the victim of a violent crime. If you’ve been attacked due to the failure of a property owner to keep you safe, you have more options for legal recourse than you might realize. Our Queens negligent security attorneys can walk you through how the concept of premises liability can enable you to secure the compensation you deserve.
Serving Queens and the surrounding boroughs since 1988, Dansker & Aspromonte has successfully secured over $450 million in verdicts and settlements for injury victims and their families. If you have been harmed in an attack that could have been prevented, our team is dedicated to fighting for you and your family. Your initial consultation is free of charge, and all additional services are free until you win.
How to Determine Whether You Have a Valid Premises Liability Case
Attack victims are often under the mistaken impression that their attacker is solely responsible for their traumatic experience. In reality, property owners and other parties are legally required to take reasonable precautions to ensure your safety. Failure to do so may constitute negligent security. These kinds of cases fall under the umbrella of premises liability law.
Some examples of negligent security practices include:
- Inadequate or defective lighting
- Broken or missing locks
- Poorly vetted and trained security personnel
- Defective or missing security cameras
- Lack of protective windows
- Ignoring a history of dangerous or criminal activity
- Defective or missing fences, gates, and exterior doors
If your attack was the result of any of these inadequate security measures, you have a legal right to hold the owner of the property or another party responsible for compensating you for your physical and emotional injuries and losses.
For a free legal consultation with a negligent security lawyer serving Queens, call (646) 692-0204.
Our Attorneys Can Help You Prove that Negligent Security Measures Caused Your Damages
Premises liability law requires property owners and others to take all reasonable precautions to ensure safety. Determining what qualifies as reasonable and adequate security measures depends on a number of factors, including the crime rate within the neighborhood, the nature of a business itself, and the specific layout of the property.
To prove liability, a Queens negligent security lawyer at Dansker & Aspromonte will conduct a full investigation into your attack. When you have a lawyer from our team on your side, we can:
- Investigate the property to identify inadequate lighting, broken locks, broken alarm systems, and other signs of negligent security
- Consult with local law enforcement to determine if your attack was foreseeable based on the rate of similar crimes in the area
- Gather evidence to support the claim that the property owner either was aware of the lack of security or should have been aware of the issue
- Consult experts for testimony outlining how proper security precautions could have prevented your attack
Types of Damages You Can Claim
We will fight for maximum compensation for every injury you sustained and may continue to experience in the future.
Some of the typical areas of compensation you may be entitled to recover in a negligent security case, per the American Bar Association (ABA), may include:
- Pain and suffering: This includes compensation for the physical pain, mental anguish, and lost enjoyment of life you suffered because of your assault. If medical evidence supports that your injuries are permanent, you may also be entitled to recover money for future pain and suffering for the rest of your life.
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of all current and future medical costs of doctors’ visits, medications, rehabilitation services, and more.
- Loss of income: This includes compensation for an immediate inability to return to work, as well as any diminished earning capacity in the future. This inability to return to work can be the result of physical or emotional injuries.
- Property damage costs: This includes any damages to personal property that resulted from your attack.
There may be other costs that you have incurred. You are entitled to recover for any money you paid out-of-pocket, such as accommodations around your home, medications, transportation, or medical equipment.
Send us a message or call (646) 692-0204 to reach our negligent security attorneys in Queens.
Start the Claims Process Today Before You Miss Your Time to File
We will do our best to negotiate a fair settlement out of court but are not afraid to litigate in front of a judge or jury to seek the compensation you deserve. Our initial consultation is free, and all services are provided on a contingency fee basis. That means we do not collect our fee until you collect your settlement or jury verdict.
Don’t delay — your time to file a claim is limited, and if you fail to file a claim by the deadline, you may be forever prevented from recovering the compensation you deserve.
Call (646) 692-0204 or fill out our online contact form to book a consultation.
You Can Count on Our Attorneys to Fight for the Fairest Settlement Possible for You
At Dansker & Aspromonte, we pride ourselves on personalized and compassionate legal care for every person we represent. From the initial consultation to the end of the claims process, our team will explain every aspect of your case, return calls and answer emails promptly, and handle all legal communication with the other party and their attorneys. Call today to get started rebuilding your life.
Call (646) 692-0204 or complete a free case evaluation form to get in touch with our Queens negligent security lawyers.
Focused on Your Recovery
Brain Damaged Child $50 Million
Christian, a four-year-old boy, was brought to the hospital for a routine eyelid repair. To cut costs, the hospital contracted out its anesthesia services to a third-party corporation.
Car Accident $31 Million
A 35-year-old New York City Police officer was a passenger in a police car going to an emergency call. After a collision, Ms. A. was rendered unconscious and was admitted to Jacobi Hospital with head and limb injuries.
Wrongul Death $21.5 Million
This accident occurred in the Bronx when Rafael C. was working on a sanitation truck. The driver lost control while making a turn. Rafael was ejected and the truck ran over his leg.
Pedestrian Injury $10.3 Million
A 22-year-old theater intern was walking across the intersection of 42nd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan when she was struck by the rear door of a passing truck which had flown open because it had been improperly secured by the driver.
Stay in the Know Read Our Personal Injury Blog
Handle Your Case With Confidence Work With Dansker & Aspromonte Today
Contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for help today. We serve clients throughout the New York City Metropolitan area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties.