The New York City-New Jersey metro area roads are home to large numbers of trucks and heavy vehicles which are used for the delivery of goods and to perform construction work. This high concentration of vehicles is just one factor that can lead to the presence of trucks navigating in and around Manhattan, which inevitably leads to accidents. Truck accidents can cause substantially greater harm than collisions involving smaller vehicles.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed because of a collision with a truck, the evidence may show that the accident was the result of the fault of a truck driver. If so, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for all of your losses. Call our team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929 to speak about your case. Our consultation is free, so contact us today.
New York Is a City Constantly on the Move
On any given day, New York City roads may be filled with a wide variety of large trucks including tractor-trailers, dump trucks, cement mixers, box trucks and other construction vehicles. The large size of these vehicles present certain safety risks since these vehicles have different blind spots that make seeing you or your vehicle more difficult. This can pose a safety threat to drivers, passengers, and pedestrians on the streets and sidewalks of Manhattan.
While truckers are largely a well-trained and professional industry, truck accidents occur with alarming frequency due to dangerous or careless driving behavior.
The Hazards Presented by Trucks
The trucking industry is essential to making America run. Unfortunately, sometimes their employment or training practices help to contribute to accidents. These behaviors may include:
- Permitting drivers with questionable criminal and professional histories to work for them
- Failing to administer regular, comprehensive drug screening
- Failing to implement systems that prevent any instance of drunk driving
- Allowing trucks that are not roadworthy to be used
- Failing to abide by trucking industry regulations and standards, including limits on consecutive driving hours
Generally, if a truck driver is in the course of his or her employment when an accident occurs, the employer can be held responsible as well. If an employer of the driver who caused your accident is found to have engaged in any of the above practices, they can also be held responsible for being negligent on other grounds.
Truck accidents can be caused by a wide variety of unsafe driving practices including:
- Falling asleep while driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Speeding, tailgating or passing illegally
- Unsafe merging or turning maneuvers
- Texting or driving while distracted
- Operating while tired or fatigued
- Driving while the vehicle has defective tires, mirrors or other malfunction
If you have been involved in an accident, we will consider how any of these or other circumstances contributed to or caused your accident.
Call our team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at (212) 732-2929 for a free consultation about your accident and whether we can fight for you to receive the compensation you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Manhattan, call (212) 732-2929
A Lawyer’s Role in a Truck Accident Claim
If you have been injured as the result of the fault of a truck driver, you have the right to speak to a lawyer to discuss your rights. If you retain our services, we will handle all of the legal investigation and filing necessary to build your claim and ensure the best result for you. You can concentrate on your recovery.
Our legal investigation and case building may include:
- Obtaining all incident and accident reports
- Interviewing witnesses
- Performing a site visit to the place of the accident
- Taking photographs
- Retaining accident reconstruction experts or truck engineers
- Receiving all of your EMS, hospital and medical records
- Consulting with medical experts
- Preparing your case for trial before a jury if necessary
Our thorough investigation and focus on building your case will help us obtain the best financial recovery for you.
Possible Awards from Your Truck Accident Claim
If the evidence shows that you were injured as the result of the fault of a truck driver, you may be entitled to a substantial monetary compensation for all aspects of your losses including:
- Damages to cover your past and future pain and suffering from your injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Loss of past and future income or work benefits
- Medical bills
- Other out of pocket expenses
Every case is different. You may be entitled to compensation for other areas of damages depending on the unique facts of your case.
Manhattan Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
Call Our Team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates Today
Since 1988, our firm has been dedicated to representing accident victims and ensuring that they obtain the compensation they deserve. If you have been injured in an accident your time to bring a claim is limited. If you fail to bring your claim within the required period, you may be forever barred from receiving the compensation for which you are entitled. Don’t delay.
Call our team at Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929 for a free consultation. If we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We will only earn a legal fee if you recover compensation.