Taxi drivers, like anyone else, make mistakes and can get into accidents. If you or a loved one sustained serious injuries in a taxicab accident that was the result of driver negligence, the experienced and dedicated team of accident lawyers from Dansker & Aspromonte Associates want to help you fight for fair and just monetary compensation for your damages. Call us at (212) 732-2929 for a free case review.
New York Car Accidents Are a Daily Occurrence
The New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) reported that there were over 66,000 car accidents in New York City in 2014. A large number of those accidents involved yellow cabs and other private taxis including Uber vehicles. Car accidents include a wide variety of incidents involving motor vehicles colliding with other vehicles, bicycles, motorcycles, scooters, skateboarders, pedestrians, and fixed objects including poles, roadway dividers, and other things. Consequences of these motor vehicle accidents often include physical injuries and sometimes even death.
The risk of being in an accident has only gotten worse in recent years. According to the New York State Police, distracted driving, which includes driving while using a cellphone, has led to an increasing number of accidents, even though it is illegal to use a cellphone while driving in New York. Other causes of accidents include speeding, driving while intoxicated by drugs or alcohol, driving while tired, and mechanical defects.
If you were involved in a taxicab or other motor vehicle accident, seek medical attention immediately to determine if you sustained any injuries from the accident. If you are diagnosed with a serious injury or believe that you have ongoing injuries, call our lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you contact our office, the sooner we can begin to investigate your accident, secure evidence, and build a strong claim for you. We fight for you so that you can concentrate on your recovery.
If you are thinking about filing a lawsuit, contact Dansker & Aspromonte Associates at (212) 732-2929. One of our team members can discuss your legal options. Our consultation is free. Before you contact us be sure to follow this advice:
- Call the police
- Ensure that a police or incident report is completed
- Secure the names and addresses of any witnesses
- Take photographs of your injuries, the vehicles involved and the accident scene, if possible
- Do not talk to the at-fault party or parties’ representatives before you speak to our lawyers
- Do not post photographs or statements about the accident on social media
- Receive medical attention as soon as possible
- Follow all medical instructions
- Keep copies of all medical records or receipts for expenses
For a free legal consultation with a taxicab accidents lawyer serving Bronx, call (212) 732-2929
You May Be Able to Pursue Multiple Compensatory Damages
If you or a loved one sustained serious injuries as a result of driver negligence, you may be entitled to economic and non-economic damages, depending on the unique nature of the facts of the case and your injuries. Below is a brief overview of each.
Some examples of economic damages that you may be entitled to include:
- Loss of wages: If your injuries prevented you from working and earning a living, you may be entitled to any out-of-pocket loss of income you suffered
- Loss of future earning capacity: If your injuries are permanent and will prevent you from working or earning as much as before, you may seek the financial value of what you would have made if you were not disabled.
- Unpaid medical bills: We will claim the full amount of any unpaid medical bills which resulted from your injuries including hospital or medical bills, rehabilitation or physical therapy visits, medications, and medical equipment.
- Funeral bills: If you lost a loved one in a taxicab accident, you may be compensated for funeral services.
- Any other out of pocket expenses: Every case is unique and any out of pocket expenses resulting from your injuries may be recovered.
Some examples of noneconomic expenses include:
- Pain and suffering: If your injuries caused or continue to cause you any physical or psychological distress, you are entitled to fair and just compensation for these injuries
- Disability: You are entitled to compensation for any injuries that result in the loss of a limb, organ, or any important bodily function.
- Disfigurement: You are entitled to compensation for any injury that results in scars, burns, or other physical disfigurements caused by the accident.
- Loss of society: In the event of the death of a loved one, the family is entitled to compensation for the loss of the company, love, guidance, and support of the accident victim.
Bronx Taxicab Accident Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
You Do Not Have to Fight for Compensation Alone
The difference between a strong claim and a weak one may depend on the quality of the investigation and the handling of your case. Not all personal injury attorneys are the same. At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we have been fighting for injury victims just like you since 1988. If we agree to accept your case, we promise to perform a detailed and careful investigation of your case so that we can obtain the best result for you.
Our investigation and case building may include:
- Obtaining all police and incident reports
- Gathering statements of any witnesses
- Securing video footage or scene photographs
- Consulting with accident reconstruction experts
- Requesting all hospital and medical records
- Demanding sworn statements from the at-fault parties
- Retaining medical experts
- Preparing your case for trial before a jury if necessary
Since 1988, Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has been helping New York City car accident victims fight for the fair and just compensation they deserve based upon all of the economic and non-economic damages they suffer. If you have been injured in an accident that was the fault of another call us today at (212) 732-2929. Our consultation is free and if we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront. We only earn a legal fee unless you receive compensation.
Don’t delay. There are time limitations that require you to file your claim within a certain deadline. If you fail to file your claim for benefits within the deadline, you may be forever barred from receiving the compensation that you are entitled to. Call us today.