If you, or someone you love, were raped on private property in the Bronx, you may be able to recover financial compensation through the civil claims process. While the perpetrator can be held accountable in the criminal justice system, only a civil action for negligence against a property owner or other party may help you recover money damages for your pain and suffering, lost earnings, medical expenses, and other out-of-pocket costs following the assault.
Call (212) 732-2929 for a free case assessment and to learn about your options. We can help you investigate the circumstances of your assault, identify any liable parties, gather and preserve evidence, file your claim in a timely manner and help you negotiate for fair and reasonable compensation for each and every type of physical, emotional, and financial damage you suffered.
Who Is Liable for Rape or other Sexual Assault on Private Property
If an investigation reveals the identity of the assailant involved in your attack, that person may be held responsible in both criminal and civil court. But even if the attacker is not identified, you may still have the right to bring a claim against other responsible parties for negligence in allowing the attack to occur in the first place. Others could be liable for the rape, as well.
Depending upon the unique facts and circumstances of your incident some parties that could be held liable for your attack could include:
- Property owners
- Management companies
- Commercial businesses
- Security contractors
- Manufacturers of security equipment such as cameras or door locks
Justice permits you to bring a claim against all at-fault parties for their role in a sexual assault. Victims of rape and sexual assault suffer damages such as physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical expenses, and more. A Bronx lawyer can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Financial Compensation for Your Losses
If the evidence shows that your assault was the result of negligence, New York law permits you to recover fair and just financial compensation for each and every type of damage you suffered. Our qualified and experienced team of personal injury lawyers can help you carefully investigate the assault, gather and preserve evidence and build a strong claim for maximum recovery. While every case is unique, here is a list of all of the areas of compensation that you may be entitled to recover depending upon your situation:
- Pain and suffering for all physical and emotional injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost income
- Loss of ability to earn a living in the future
- Medical expenses
- Permanent injury
- Future pain and suffering
- Future lost earnings
- Out-of-pocket expenses for any other costs associated with your injuries
How a Bronx Rape on Private Property Attorney Can Help
Unfortunately, just being the victim of a sexual assault does not guarantee that you will be entitled to compensation from another party. In order to recover compensation, you must first prove with evidence that another party was negligent in allowing the attack to occur. Proving negligence often depends upon a careful and thorough investigation of the unique facts and evidence in your case.
It is essential that you consult an experienced and qualified team of lawyers who know what it takes to build a successful claim. Some of the actions we will take to build your claim may include:
- Obtaining all police or incident reports
- Following all criminal court proceedings, if applicable
- Securing surveillance footage at the premises
- Performing an on-site inspection of the premises and security measures
- Retaining experts in premises security
- Interviewing all witnesses
- Demanding sworn statements of all knowledgeable parties including the attacker
- Examining crime statistics in the neighborhood of the attack
- Taking photographs
- Gathering all medical and hospital records
- Consulting medical experts
- Calculating all lost earnings and other economic losses
- Filing all claims in a timely manner
- Negotiating with the at-fault parties for a fair and just settlement
- Preparing your case for trial before a jury at trial in Court, if necessary
Seek Help from Our Attorneys Today
At Dansker & Aspromonte Associates, we believe that victims of sexual assault deserve compassionate, fierce, and extraordinary legal representation. Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights. Call us today at (212) 732-2929 for your free consultation and, if we agree to accept your case, you will not be required to pay us any money upfront.