The law allows you to handle your Bronx truck accident claim on your own without a lawyer. However, it is prudent to work with a personal injury lawyer from the beginning so that you fully understand your legal options. In situations like these, there could be multiple parties liable for your losses, and going up against a large trucking company and its lawyers can be challenging.
Our team has been serving injured people in New York since 1988. Let us take on your case and fight for the compensation you need. You can connect with Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today at no cost to you.
We Have won Over $450 Million for our Clients
In the communities that we serve, Dansker & Aspromonte Associates has built a reputation based on success. We have won hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients and their families. Here are some of our success stories:
- We recovered $10.3 million for a woman who was hit by an improperly secured truck door.
- We secured $21.5 million for the family of a sanitation worker who was injured in a motor vehicle accident and died as a result of medical malpractice.
- We won $1.3 million for the family of a 16-year-old boy who lost his spleen after he was pinned up against a wall by a truck that was backing up.
We are ready to put the same time, energy, and efforts into your case that we put into the examples we listed above.
We will Seek the Full Cost of Your Economic and Non-Economic Damages
Here are some examples of the damages we have won for our clients:
- Pain and suffering. You are entitled to receive money damages for all of your physical injuries that were caused by the accident. You can recover compensation for your mental anguish, as well.
- Permanent injuries and scars. Some of your injuries may be with you for the rest of your life. One example is scarring, but there are unlimited types of permanent injuries, such as the loss of a limb.
- Wrongful death-related losses. If you lost a loved one in a truck accident, you could be entitled to damages for loss of consortium, loss of spousal and parental support, pain and suffering, funeral expenses, and final medical bills.
- Healthcare expenses. You can seek the cost of the medical treatment you need for your injuries. This can include expenses relating to hospital stays, emergency transportation services, prescription drugs, and more.
- Rehabilitation. Certain types of injuries, like head trauma or spinal cord damage, can heal better with intensive treatment at a specialized facility. The party that caused your accident should be responsible for these expenses, not you.
- Long-term care. If a person develops paralysis or lapses into an altered state of consciousness (like a coma), they might need to stay in a long-term care facility to get daily help with required medical treatment and personal care.
- Lost wages. People sometimes lose time from work because of accidents. If you needed time away from your job because of a collision, we can add that amount lost to your injury claim. Wages, salary, self-employment, and other forms of regular income fall within this category.
- Decreased future earning potential. Ongoing consequences from an injury might make it impossible or painful for a person to continue with the same job after a truck accident in the Bronx. For example, fractured vertebrae might limit how long a person can work at a physically demanding job. Having to reduce your hours or work a lower-paying job can be compensable.
- Other non-economic damages. Some losses are not easy to calculate because they do not have a verifiable value. Examples of these losses include post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), residual anxiety, or depression.
You might have additional losses. These items are only a few examples that can be components of an injury claim following a truck accident in the Bronx.
How Much Can You Expect to get for Your Injury-Related Losses?
When you have a potential claim for money damages, you want to know how much compensation you could get if you settle with the insurance company. You might have a stack of medical bills and no way to pay those expenses, particularly if you cannot go back to work because of your injuries.
Knowing the value of your injury claim could help you decide whether an offer from the insurance adjuster is fair and fully covers your losses. Unfortunately, there is no way of telling how much your damages are worth without reviewing every detail of your claim.
Every person’s circumstances are unique, which is why every injury claim is different. The amount of compensation you can expect will depend on the facts of your case. You can count on our team to determine the value of your losses based on your employment records, medical bills, and other supporting documentation.
Our Truck Accident Lawyers Serving the Bronx Can Help You Prove Your Case
Every truck accident case is built on the principle of negligence. To prove your case either at the negotiating table or in the courtroom, we must show that because another party failed to keep you safe, you were injured or lost a loved one.
Per the American Bar Association (ABA), we must establish these four things to win your case:
- The other party had an obligation to keep others from getting hurt.
- They did not follow through with this obligation.
- You were hurt.
- You suffered losses due to your injuries.
We can use the police report, traffic camera footage, and eyewitness statements to build your case.
You Can Help us Help Your Case
You might think that the value of your case is set in stone at the time of the crash, but that is not true. Certain elements that occur afterward can prevent you from getting compensation altogether or reduce the amount of money damages you can receive.
Some suggestions to promote your case’s success include:
Getting Prompt Medical Treatment
You should go straight to the emergency room after a truck accident. There is no way that you can know how badly hurt you are without a thorough exam and diagnostic testing.
If you delay for even a day or two, the at-fault driver and that party’s insurance company will likely allege that you were not really injured or that your injury resulted from something not related to the collision.
Staying off of Social Media
Posting photos and comments about life events on social media is a common practice for many people, but doing so after a truck accident could work to your disadvantage. The insurer may be able to see your social media profiles and use your postings to downplay your injuries.
Finishing Your Recommended Treatment
If you have an adverse response to an aspect of the treatment your doctor prescribed, like an allergic reaction, you should contact your doctor immediately. Otherwise, it is usually best to complete your treatment regimen.
If you do not do so, the defendant can argue that you would have healed better if you followed your doctor’s orders. They will try to pay you less money as a result.
Not Settling Your Case Prematurely
You do not know if you will achieve 100% of your strength and function until you complete all treatment. Once you accept a settlement, that is the end of your claim.
If you settle only to find out later on that you need surgery, you will have to pay for that yourself, and you will not be able to ask for more money. Speaking with a Bronx truck accident lawyer can help you understand what you should and should not do after being involved in an accident.
Reach out to the Attorneys on our Team Today to Learn More
A lawyer who serves the Bronx can handle your truck accident case so that you can focus on getting better. They can investigate the circumstances of your accident, estimate the value of your damages, and negotiate for the highest possible settlement on your behalf.
You have a short time to act under the state’s statute of limitations. If you do not file your lawsuit on time, you could forfeit the right to recover damages. Our goal is to protect your rights and secure the best outcome possible for you and your loved ones. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today. We are ready to help.