The hustle and bustle of Brooklyn can lead to accidents and injuries, which is why it is crucial for business owners, local government officials, landlords, and other property managers to keep their premises safe. If not, their negligence can lead to severe or life-threatening injuries for others.
If you or a loved one sustained injuries due to a trip and fall accident in New York, you have come to the right place. We are the trip and fall lawyers in Brooklyn that you can feel confident handling your personal injury claim. Speak with one of our attorneys now for a free consultation.
Property Owners Have a Responsibility to Prevent Accidents
Landlords, business owners, and other types of property managers should:
- Routinely inspect their property for trip hazards
- Provide signage to alert others of hazardous conditions
- Clean spills and puddles in a timely fashion
- Provide essential safety equipment in areas where tripping is common (like handrails on a staircase)
- Alert people on the property about changes in elevation
- Keep walkways and aisles free of debris and clutter
If a property owner or manager fails to implement these safety precautions, and, as a result, you or a loved one suffers an accident resulting in injuries, you can hold them liable for your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a trip and fall injury lawyer serving Brooklyn, call (212) 732-2929
Parties We Hold Liable for Brooklyn Trip and Fall Accidents
All residents and visitors in Brooklyn have a right to be protected from an unreasonable risk of harm. Owners, managers, and any other person in charge of maintaining a property have a duty to prevent trip and fall accidents on their premises.
Our team will evaluate your case and determine who is at fault for your injuries. Individuals who can be held liable for negligence in trip and fall accidents include:
- Business owners
- Building managers
- Local government entities
- Home and apartment owners
Brooklyn Trip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me (212) 732-2929
We Pursue Compensation for Your Trip and Fall Damages
Trip and fall accidents may lead to life-changing injuries. Our accident attorneys seek to recover financial compensation for all damages you incur, including:
- Pain and suffering
- The loss of enjoyment of life
- Medical bills
- Lost wages or loss of future income and benefits
- Rehabilitation and future medical expenses
- Emotional distress
- Wrongful death
When our team handles your claim, you can trust that we will do whatever it takes to secure maximum compensation for your injuries. However, if an insurance company does not cooperate, we are prepared to take your trip and fall case to trial.
Our Process for Recovery
If you are dealing with injuries or the death of a loved one due to another person’s negligence, our Brooklyn trip and fall attorneys are available to provide legal assistance.
Our trip and fall injury lawyers will:
- Conduct a free consultation: We perform case assessments in person, virtually, or over the phone, whichever works best for you.
- Collect evidence to build a strong case: We gather photographs, video footage, witness statements, public records, and any other articles that prove how another person’s negligence caused your injuries.
- File your accident claim: We file claims quickly to adhere to New York’s statutes of limitation for personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits.
- Conduct fieldwork: Our attorneys spearhead investigations and consult with experts to assess your damages and determine your settlement value.
- Negotiate your compensation: We negotiate a settlement with the liable party or their insurance company and hold them responsible for submitting the settlement payment in a timely fashion.
- Defend your rights: If the insurance company refuses to make a fair settlement offer, we prove how your injuries warrant a larger financial recovery.
- Represent you during a trial: We prepare you for your testimony and present evidence on your behalf during a trial to ensure you receive the compensation that you deserve.
Injuries You Can Sue for After a Trip and Fall Accident in Brooklyn
All trip and fall injuries deserve justice, and we are prepared to demand sufficient money for your injuries and losses. If a negligent property owner or business owner caused any of the following injuries, consult with our lawyers:
- Fractured or broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Tears of tendons or cartilage
If your injuries are preventing you from visiting our office, we will send an attorney to you. We want to accommodate you in every way that we can, even if it means making a trip to the hospital.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Causes of Trip and Fall Accidents in Brooklyn
New York is the city that never sleeps. But with more and more people walking throughout Brooklyn, the risk of suffering injuries from a trip and fall accident increases.
Our attorneys have experience handling claims for various types of slip, trip, and fall accidents throughout Brooklyn. We manage personal injury claims that are caused by:
- Loose or irregular floorboards
- Uneven elevation or stair treads
- Unmarked slippery floors
- Cracks or elevation changes in the sidewalk
- Loose or unsecured electrical wires
- Poor lighting
- Hazardous debris or garbage in walking paths
- Broken or missing railings or handrails
- Unsecured carpeting
- Ice and snow in walking paths
If you sustained injuries after tripping or slipping and falling on another person’s property, our team will determine who is at fault. A slip and fall injury lawyer will evaluate your accident, determine fault, and hold every guilty party liable for your damages.
New York Statute of Limitations for Premises Liability Claims
The worst thing you can do after a trip and fall accident in Brooklyn is put off filing a claim. In New York, the statute of limitations limits the time within which you can make a claim or bring a lawsuit. That means if your accident already occurred, you should contact an experienced attorney immediately to determine the applicable statute of limitations deadline and any other deadlines that may exist.
If you miss your deadline you may be prevented from receiving any compensation under the law. To avoid these types of problems, consult with a qualified Brooklyn accident attorney as soon as possible.
Our team of dedicated lawyers makes your trip and fall injury our top priority. We make sure everything gets filed on time and work tirelessly on your behalf to build a strong case. Our lawyers handle the litigation process so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Contact Our Brooklyn Trip and Fall Injury Attorneys Now
The personal injury law firm of Dansker & Aspromonte Associates is available to speak with you about your trip and fall accident case. We provide a free initial consultation, and we never charge clients until we obtain financial compensation on their behalf .
We are the legal experts Brooklyn trusts to advocate on their behalf. Contact us now to schedule your free case review.