If you are dealing with the aftermath of an accident and want to devote your time and attention to getting your life back to normal, a Bronx personal injury lawyer can help. Dansker & Aspromonte Associates serves claimants in the Bronx who were injured in a variety of accidents, including but not limited to:
- Construction and workplace accidents
- Brain and spinal cord injuries
- Serious injuries and wrongful death
- Premises and sidewalk liability
- Police and firefighter injuries
- Motor vehicle & bicycle accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
Working with a Lawyer Can Present More Opportunities for Success
Some accident victims either think they cannot afford a lawyer or do not feel the need to work with one. In the latter case, we would like to present a few ways a lawyer can help you.
A Bronx personal injury lawyer can:
- Handle all communications with the defendant and involved insurance companies
- Consult with third-party field experts, including accident reconstruction specialists and medical professionals, to gain more insight into your situation
- Compile information about any witnesses to the accident itself and record their testimony of events
- Offer legal advice
- Make you aware of all your options
- Answer any questions you may have
- Gather and analyze all evidence pertaining to your case, like photos and videos of the accident
- Visit the site of the accident to look for remaining evidence or to examine the traffic pattern or environment where you were injured
We can help you in other ways as well, depending on the specifics of your case. When you work with us, we design a plan of action that is intended to bring about a fair resolution.
Damages that Could Entitle You to Compensation
Depending on your accident, you could be eligible to collect different kinds of damages. In our practice, we have advocated for victims to receive awards to cover the following losses:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills (hospital stays, follow-up visits, surgeries and treatments, physical therapy, and more)
- Mental anguish
- Loss of limb
- Lost wages, tips, benefits, and bonuses while you were recovering
- Lost potential earnings, if your injuries affect your ability to earn the same amount as before the accident
- Reduced earning capacity, if your injuries prevent you from working at all
If Your Accident Occurred at Work
If your injury happened at work, you could be eligible to collect workers’ compensation benefits. These could include:
- Temporary total disability
- Temporary partial disability
- Permanent total disability
- Permanent partial disability
If an Accident Caused the Passing of a Family Member
Your damages would be different if you lost a family member to a Bronx accident. These might include:
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial damages
- Your loved one’s medical bills from prior to their passing
- Your mental anguish
- Loss of consortium, support, and guidance
You Have a Limited Time in Which to Act
Depending on the circumstances of your case and the limits imposed by any involved insurance companies, you may have a limited time to file a claim. In addition, the State of New York imposes timeline restrictions on filing lawsuits for different types of personal injuries.
For example, if you were injured falling down the stairs of your apartment building because they were in disrepair, you may have three years from the date of your injury under CVP §214-A. If you lost a family member in a car accident caused by another driver’s negligent action or inaction, you may have two years to file a lawsuit under §5-4.1.
A Bronx personal injury lawyer can help you determine how long you might have to pursue compensation. If you wait, you may forgo your right to secure damages at all. Reach Dansker & Aspromonte Associates for more information.
Our Firm Prides Itself on Doing All We Can to Help our Clients
Some people choose not to retain a lawyer. It is not a legal requirement to have one on your side in order to pursue financial awards. However, a Bronx personal injury lawyer can help in many ways. For your case to be successful, your legal team must prove that four elements of negligence were present in your accident.
We are prepared to do this by:
- Proving that the responsible party had a duty of care towards you
- Establishing that the responsible party violated this duty of care
- Showing that this breach resulted in your injuries
- Demonstrating that you suffered financial harm due to your condition
You do not Have to Pay Upfront for our Services
We work on a contingency-fee-basis. You will not owe us anything until we win. We take our fee from a portion of your settlement, which we agree upon at the start of your case.
We Serve Victims of All Types of Accidents
No matter how you were injured, we are here to represent you.
Our firm advocates for:
Workers Looking to Sue Third Parties
In New York, in most but not in all cases, you cannot sue your employer. However, if you were harmed due to the action or inaction of another involved party that is not your employer, you may be able to seek compensation from that individual or company.
For instance, if you are a construction worker employed by the general contractor and you fell from a scaffold that was not secured properly, the sub-contractor who set up the scaffolding on the worksite may be held responsible.
Victims of Motor Vehicle and Bicycle Accidents
New York is no stranger to accidents, and those injured in them are not without legal options. We help Bronx residents injured in motor vehicle and bicycle accidents. We establish the other party’s negligence and fight to recover the compensation to which you are entitled.
Victims of Sidewalk Slip and Falls
If you or a loved one suffered a slip or trip and fall injury on a Bronx sidewalk, you may be entitled to compensation. Our team will investigate your accident, determine the liable party, and build a robust case to obtain the compensation to which you are entitled.
Victims of Nursing Home Abuse
Elder abuse in residential long-term care settings is a horrid and unforgivable act. You placed your loved one in the care of a facility that was supposed to protect and care for them. If the facility failed in this duty, we can pursue damages from the responsible parties and the administration that allowed the abuse to take place.
Victims of Medical Malpractice
Similarly, when you enter a hospital or doctor’s office, you trust your health and safety to the employees and staff there. If an administrative error, surgical mistake, or negligent doctor caused or contributed to your harm, we can pursue financial awards from the liable party.
Our Past Case Results Speak for Themselves
We have successfully secured multimillion-dollar settlements and judgments for clients in the past. Some of these cases include the following:
- We won $31 million for a policewoman who was injured in a motor vehicle accident when her police car which was on the way to an emergency was struck by another vehicle.
- We won $10.3 million for a pedestrian that suffered traumatic epilepsy after being struck by the swinging rear door of a turning truck.
- We obtained $5 million for the family of a man that fell down an elevator shaft when the doors malfunctioned and opened while the elevator car was one floor above.
Call Today to Speak with an Attorney on our Team
Dansker & Aspromonte Associates is proud to defend Bronx residents who were harmed by others. We want to protect your rights and help you fight for justice. You may be able to stop someone else from getting hurt in the same way you did.
We want to get started on your case today. We will listen to your concerns and make sure that we build a case that represents the full scope of your interests. Call Dansker & Aspromonte Associates today for a free consultation.